🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Facing issues while adding my billing met...
Page options
Cong D Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello, today, I am trying to add paypal as an additional payment method.

My full name on paypal account is Cong Dinh, which is the same on upwork account.

But upwork says:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

But I noticed that the verified name on contracts and invoices is Ding Cong. Is this the reason?

If so, this should not be a big deal!

Can you help me add paypal quickly?

Best regards.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

635 REPLIES 635
Muhammad H Community Member

I have been trying it from the past week, and still waiting for a response. Is there a way to contact live support?

Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Muhammad

I am sorry to hear about the issue with your account and that you are unable to raise a ticket. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will forward this to our team for further review.

I have notified the team handling your concern and they advised that they have raised a ticket to provide you with further information and instructions on how you can resolve this matter. I’d encourage you to follow up with our team directly on your ticket and feel free to reach out to them through the same support ticket if you have any more questions. You can access your ticket on this page. 

~Ivy
Muhammad H Community Member

Hello Ivy,

Thank you for your message and for promptly addressing the issue with my account. I appreciate your assistance in forwarding this matter to the relevant team.

I will follow up on the ticket raised by your team for further information and instructions on resolving the issue. If I have any additional questions, I will reach out through the same support ticket. 

Thank you for your help and understanding.

Best regards,
Muhammad

Kemisola H Community Member

My name on Upwork and my bank are the same but Upwork is showing Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. I have verified both names are the same but Upwork is showing unmatched.  Has anyone experienced this? What should I do?

Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Kemisola,

I would like to let you know that I followed up with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~Ivy
Nicolas M Community Member

Hello, I have a problem concerning the connection of my Upwork Account and my Local bank. 

I've tried to add it severals times to be sure if that wasn't my mistake, but it keep saying that the beneficiary name is Mismatched whereas that's literally the same name on Upwork and my local Bank.

I also tried to do it with my PayPal account same problem... 

(Btw : I'm verified, and I've read all the articles about it, so I really don't know) 

And I've waiting severals weeks to get this money, 

I need help and an explanation of why it's not working to make easier for the next times, thank you 

Joyce S Community Member

I'm also facing the same problem. My name is Joyce Soko Juma and I have a Mpesa account registered under my real name. Yet when I try to add the Mpesa payment method to my Upwork account, it says name mismatch.

Mpesa's message only shows Joyce Juma and not the three names at once. Could that be the problem? 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Nicolas,

I checked with our verification team and I'd like to confirm that your name mismatch has been approved. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Clive C Community Member

Hi, I've recently created a profile on Upwork but I also want to add my company details (since any earnings I make need to be withdrawn to my company account). The company bank account is under the company's name, not my personal name. I understand that I need to submit documentation to prove that I own the company but I have no option to upload it anywhere. The chatbot is useless because it keeps sending me around in circles. Is there any way to reach out to a real person?

Natasha P Community Member

Hi Clive,

You need to raise the ticket with support. Once you are talking with the bot, decline all the options it proposes until it asks you either to raise a ticket or to contact you with the person, eventually, it will get you there. 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Clive,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble reaching our support team via the chatbot. I have shared your concern with the relevant team and one of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible. 

- Pradeep

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths