🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
laura14128
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello there,

at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because my surnames in my bank account have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Laura,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

828 REPLIES 828

Hi Olivier,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that the name has been updated already and the name mismatch has been resolved just earlier. Please let us know if you still need our assistance and we'll be here to help!

~ AJ
Upwork
hashimraja
Community Member

Hi, my name mismatch issue is not getting resolved. They said it would take two days to review my data manually. I am not changing my name because I have a verified profile. I have been waiting for four days but didn't get any response from the Upwork team. Kindly help m solve this issue.

Hashim, 

Your name should be match at everywhere like Upwork, bank, and ID card. Your name is yours.

Hi Hashim,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your payment methods. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ping-he
Community Member

Dear Officer:

I am using my correct name but still got the "Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork" Error. I have tried Account name "Ping He", "He Ping", it doesn't work.

And after 4 days, no one contacts me for more details, I don't know what's wrong.

What should I do to solve this? can anyone help me? thank you very match

freelancer
Ping He

Hi Ping,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the name mismatch. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted now and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

Hello, I need to verify my payment method. Because I was using Akira Takashi as a nickname but after, I changed it to my real name. Please fix it, I verifed my identity too!

Please fix mine too, my real name is Aylin Eser but I was using a Akira Takashi nickname please fix it!

Hi Akira,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
0e583e6c
Community Member

Hi I encountered the same issue too, my name on the bank account is Tran Le Hung but I'm using only Hung Tran as first and last name on Upwork. I've tried to change my Upwork name to match the bank account but still not fix it.

Please help to review my case

Community Member

Hi all 
A few days ago, a problem appeared in my upwork account. Apparently, my name on upwork doesn't match my name on paypal account (my payement method). Thus, Upwork has deactivated my patement method. I tried to change my name on upwork so that it matches my name on paypal but i couldn't do that. How can i solve this?
I don't have other payment methods!

I have the same issue. The support team is supposed to resolve this. My ID has been verified with both names.

Hi Penny,

I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case. Please expect an update from one of the members with more information and assistance on how to clear the name mismatch on the account. You can communicate with the team here or your email. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Osama,

I have escalated your report to our team and one of the members will surely provide assistance via a support ticket. Please expect the ticket to be available on this page once your case has been fully reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
c92d1c73
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same concern. It says names don't match on Upwork and Local bank but they are both Sudarshan Reddy CaPlease help. Thanks. 

Hi Sudarshan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
bogel
Community Member

I have funds that I want to withdraw but I can't because I get this message:

Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

My bank account name uses the original Scandinavian "ø" in my last name instead of the "o" I use on Upwork. I can't even use "ø" on Upwork. It gives me an error."

I have tried creating a support ticket, but there is no answer.
Can anyone help?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
gokhanuz
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same problem in my last payment method. Can someone help me about it?

Hi Gokhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
37482a8f
Community Member

Hello, I tried to add my bank account for a direct deposit but it a warning showed up at the top of the page:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

It also gave a link for an FAQ about the topic which said after 48 hours I should hear something back. I put the account on the page on Sunday (Aug 21st, 2022). It's now Wednesday (Aug 24th, 2022) and I haven't heard something back. I did change my last name on my profile since my account was created with my Gmail which doesn't have my last name. I believe this is likely what caused this issue. I searched all other menus in my account settings and couldn't find the name that was originally on the account before changing it so I'm surprised that it's still stuck on the last name.

Hi Sean,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9824e7c5
Community Member

Hello, my name contains Turkish characters, I cannot enter Turkish characters when adding my bank information to the payment system, so I get an error... Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. Can you help? Also, one of my projects has been waiting for approval for days, can you help with this?

Hi Hüseyin,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4406eef5
Community Member

Hello, I have a related issue with adding my payment method. I added my phone number (MPESA) payment. It is registered in my name but I am told the names do not match. What can I do?

Hi Polycarp,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
divideveloper
Community Member

Hi, 

Just added my bank as a new payment method and I keep getting a warning message that reads " The beneficiary name is mismatched" How do I fix this?

Regards 

Mbo

Hi Mbongeni,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and it looks like you only enter your first name on your Bank Registration page which caused the mismatch. You must enter your full name on that page so it will match the name registered on your Upwork account. Let us know if you're still having difficulties making the corrections and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
91cee77a
Community Member

Hi all,

I am new to upwork and still learning things as I go.

I set up my profile and verfied my identity.

When it came to adding my bank account- it partialy disabled the account because they stated 'name didn't match my account'.

Which is odd, because every after verifying my identity and having my first and last name posted on everthing I needed to create the account. I am at a lost how they are saying the names don't match. Or why anyone hasn't reached out to me or requested futher documents like bank statements.

I looked at my profile and saw that just my last intital was present, and thought that  I intitally did that intentionally till saw everyone in the forum just has just their last intial.

I opened a ticket , and it hasn't even been assigned to a team member yet.

Do issues on this platform take a long time to resolve? I'm starting to have some doubts using this platform reading some of these community post. 😖

Hi Rebecca,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. I have reached out to the team handling your case and they've confirmed that you need to enter your full legal name on the bank registration. Looks like it's only showing your last name's initial which is causing the mismatch. You can also expect an update on this ticket with more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
951f454d
Community Member

Hello,

I have an issue with linking my bank account.

Since we can't put letters from Czech alphabet there, it's different.

My last name ends with "Č"  but I can put there only "C" and because of that, I can't link it.
Any solutions without contacting support?

Hi Libor,

I checked with the relevant team and I can confirm that you should no longer see the mismatch error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
951f454d
Community Member

Thank you, it's linked now.

d0d10224
Community Member

Having the same issue despite I got paid this way for over three years. Why was a notification not sent out? I don't find out until after I've submitted work and now I cannot get paid.

How do I fix this? The name is listed as Barb versus Barbara on the bank statement.

Hi Barb,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted now and will be active after 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
f415d8e1
Community Member

I have the same Issue ; I need it to be resolved and the get support icon there is not helping me at all.

Hi Amen,

I can see that you've reached out to the team and a support ticket has been set up. Please allow our team time to review your case and you should be getting an update on this page or in your email once it's been reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
naeruxandra
Community Member

Hi! On my account, it says, "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." but it is the same name. It is there a way you can fix this?

Thank you!

I have a same problem. I changed my name few days ago because I used my middle name, now I've put my legal name and it changed everywhere on my account but it says it doesnt match. Can someone look at that please?

Hi Ruxandra and Isabella,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths