🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
laura14128
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello there,

at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because my surnames in my bank account have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Laura,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

828 REPLIES 828
anastasiia-bibel
Community Member

Hello Upwork!

I have an issue with my account. I recently changed my name and successfully went through the ID verification process. A few days ago I tried to add a new Payment Method and it said that my name is mismatched. I received a new ID verification request and just saw an email saying that it was a success (see the screenshot). Unfortunately, the Payment Method still says that the name is mismatched and I'm not sure what else should I do. Would really appreciate some help.

Hi Anastasiia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Generally, it takes up to 48 hours for the mismatch to be corrected. I checked your account and it looks like there is already an open ticket. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie,

I wrote a message here just because the Customer Support representative asked me to go over ID verification process for the third time. Can you please assist in regards to this matter?

Hi Anastasiia,

Arjay here stepping in for Annie Jane. We understand you may have verified your identity in the past. We ask freelancers to re-verify because periodic checks ensure that their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as we can and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

However, I can see that you've been communicating with our team through a support ticket. I highly suggest you continue communicating through that ticket so that our team can assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while we address your concern. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
ozgurfe
Community Member

Hello. My name is Özgür Demir.
I am having a problem on "Payment method verification" process

As I have stated, my name is Özgür Demir and it contains Turkish charecters like "Ö" and "Ü". For this I could not enter my name correctly into your payment method system. I have added my name as "Ozgur Demir". Thus my bank account name (beneficiary name) and my name does not match. I need assistance in order to solve this problem.

Please Note: My account is already verified.

Thank you.

ozgurfe
Community Member

Hello. My name is Özgür Demir.
I am having a problem on "Payment method verification" process

As I have stated, my name is Özgür Demir and it contains Turkish charecters like "Ö" and "Ü". For this I could not enter my name correctly into your payment method system. I have added my name as "Ozgur Demir". Thus my bank account name (beneficiary name) and my name does not match. I need assistance in order to solve this problem. Thank you.

Hi Ozgur,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ahmed_abdella
Community Member

I updated my name on Upwork and PayPal using my id but still shows Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account .tried to reach support but no success 

Hi Mostafa,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
voy10
Community Member

Hi Support,

I have the issue here that my bank account mismatches with my Upwork name. Could you please help review it to me? And I also have changed my Upwork name as well and my full name supposed to be Tooba Zafar Sial. Both in upwork and bank account as well.

Best regards,

Tooba Zafar Sial

Hi Tooba,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
singhdn
Community Member

Hi Team,

Reently I changed the name of my upwork account with last name . and I also want to upload the new verfication document on the upwork because I changed my name in my document so you will also have updated document Please enable the option for new document as well.

Now name is showing correct on upwork but when i am trying add the payment method it is showing beneficiary name is mismatched error.
Please help 
Thank you!

Hi Sunil,

I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to share more information with you about your name mismatch.

~ Nikola
Upwork
singhdn
Community Member

Thank you!

Looking forward for your response.

katherine-manuel
Community Member

mistyped my first name as Katheirne and it is the accepted verified name in my upwork account. Now, my bank account is rejected because it is showing my correct first name which is Katherine. Please help.

Hi Katherine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To update your name go to Settings › Contact Info and click on the pencil icon. Our team will review your request and will reach out to you directly if they need additional information. 

You can find more information in this help article. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
4944821f
Community Member

Hey there , I have a question that I just added my bank account where my name is Ravi Sharma whereas in my upwork profile I have my name Rabi Sharma . Will this Variation between V and B will create problem ? as I own those bank account . And for info I have a verified upwork profile. Please help me with that Asap . I am in great need of the officials . And one last thing if my bank account remains deactivated for couple of days will the fund will are being through security checkup will be refunded to the owner. Or will it be on the get paid section . And I will not only be able to with draw it??

Hi RABI,

I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page. Could you please confirm if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
kavitakarnal007
Community Member

Same issue i also have it and when i added the back account detail then it is showing the "Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork"

Hi Khushbu,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am waiting for  your response . Let me know when it is fixed . Can I change the username as well ?

Community Member

Hi 

I got some payment coming up and yet it says Payment Method Verification in progress and therefore I can not get paid. I used this account ever since I joined Upwork and I got paid before through this account and yet it stopped working. It has been like this for over a week now and it still not working. Could you please help?

74593245_0-1654132655487.png

Regards 

HyoJin Lee

ArjayM

Hi Hyojin,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been approved. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
kavitakarnal007
Community Member

Hi Hyojin
Still having the same issue in my account . can you please fix it and let me know when I can get the correct detail.
https://prnt.sc/8-sriEElmpvc
please take a look on the screenshot

Hi Khushbu, 

It looks like you just added your payment method to your account. Please know that this is working as designed, and the team will need to verify your payment method against your account information. They should be done with this within 48-hours. If more information is required from you, they will reach out to you directly.

If this doesn't get resolved within 48-hours, you can come back here or reach out to our Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further.

~ Avery
Upwork
drsayik
Community Member

Hi! 

I always use my middle name as my first name. So I put Rebecca as first name on my profile. But now I tried to put in my paying method and it says it doesn't match. Do I really have to use my official first name as my profile name? 

thank you!

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for your message. Yes, you would need to have your first name and last name on your Upwork profile. I see that you have already updated your profile. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is approved and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
lovecivilpangan
Community Member

Hi! I have a concern regarding payment method verification. By the way I am new in Upwork. I just started last week. I made an update with my payment method and it says my payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name does not match the name in my Upwork account. 

Can you please help me with this. Thank you.

Hi Charmaine, 

This is working as designed. Since you recently added your payment method to your account, the team will need to verify your payment method against your account information. This should be completed within 48-hours. If more information is required from you, they will reach out to you directly.

If this doesn't get resolved within 48-hours, you can come back here or reach out to our Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further.

~ Avery
Upwork
katherine-manuel
Community Member

I have the same name in my bank account and upwork but it says that the Payment method verification in progress Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Upon checking, my verified name is mistyped

Hi Katherine,

Thank you for your message. I'm pleased to inform you that your payment method is approved and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
patriciakan
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to add my company bank account on Upwork but the account name does not match my Upwork name.

To complete verification i should present a business license showing the company name and my name but i didn't receive any email from Upwork to do the process and I got a message saying that my payment method has been disabled.

How can i solve this issue?

Thanks

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
zahid_abbasi
Community Member

My payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please resolve the issue. I have received an email from Upwork saying "Payment method ACH: xxxx-xxxx was recently added to Financial Account XXXXXXXXX."

But I am still getting this error on my payment method page

"Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Hi Zahid,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can confirm that you should no longer see this error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fc8fbb57
Community Member

My legal Vietnamese name: Hoàng Hải Yến.

(It's also my Paypal name).

First name: Yến

Middle name: Hải

Last name/Surname: Hoàng.

My name has a tonal mark above the name letter.

I have changed many times My Upwork account name: from  "Jenny Hoang" to "Yen Hoang", or "Hai Yen Hoang", or changed the order of my name "Hoang Hai Yen" (Last name first and First name after), but it still be false, the beneficiary name is mismatched.

Your Upwork account has just 2 blanks ( First name - Last name) for me to fill in, and I can not use the tonal mark to write my exact name: "Yen" to "Yến" (it note error).

So I don't know how to change my Upwork name account to match the Paypal name. 

Please help me and show me instructions.

Thank you.

Hi Hoang,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked and can see that you are not currently having a name mismatch on your account. If you still see that from your end, please try clearing your browser cache and cookies or check from a different browser. In addition, remember that you will need to fill out Form W-8BEN to be able to withdraw your funds.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fc8fbb57
Community Member

Thank you for helping me. My Paypal is active now.

levent-sarioglu
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I use the Wise app's ACH feature to withdraw my funds. All of a sudden a few months ago my payment method has rejected. It says the beneficiary name is mismatched even though it isn't mismatched and I've successfully used this payment method before. I tried everything but it doesn't change even if I wait 36 hours, 72 hours, a week, a month (It already happened itself months ago)

Is there anyone who faced this problem and do you have any advice for me to solve it?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths