🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
kiwidsconsulting
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707

Hi Andrii,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
b0c2575a
Community Member

Hi! It's been more than 2 years since I linked my paypal so that I could withdraw my earnings today but until now, I still havet the name mismatched notification. I removed my paypal account and linked it again but I got the same notification. I tried to link my local bank account, still I get the same message "name mismatched." My client sent me money today to do an important task for our project but I can't withdraw that money because of this unfixed problem for almost 3 years. Can someone pls help me ASAP?  All may names in upwork, paypal, and my bank are the same. 
The beneficiary name is mismatched 

Hi Jokshan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
404e1130
Community Member

Hi! It has been over 48 hours since my payment method verification is in progress since my beneficiary name is mismatched. This is because I had only use my second name when I created this account, but I already change it to my full name which is also the beneficiary name of my direct local bank. Can you activated my payment method by any chance? Thank you so much!

Hi Merry,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
dreams411
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I added a withdrawal method to my account but I got a notification that my payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on my payment method does not match the name on my Upwork account. It's been 3 days. Please help.

Hi Ifeanyi,

~ AJ
Upwork
praise_kunle
Community Member

Hi

I need help with this glitch urgently.
I just realized that there is an error in my verified name. The verified name is Praise Olakunle while my name is Praise Olukunle. “U” was mistaken for “A”. This glitch isn't allowing me to add my recently created US checking account.

Kindly help me fix

Hi Praise,

Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account.

~Andrea
Upwork
praise_kunle
Community Member

Hi 

I need urgent help fixing this glitch. My verified name is "Praise Olakunle" instead of "Praise Olukunle". the alphabet "U" was mistaken for "A". This glitch is hindering me from adding my foreign payment methods.

Please Fix

71ac41a5
Community Member

I got this message after adding my Paypal Account. The Paypal is Activated also the Visa Card.
My name on upwork is the same as paypal! Please Help ASAP.  I Sent Support but no reply. someone help please need the Cash ASAP!!!

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Hi Kareem,

I checked and can confirm that you should no longer see the name mismatch on your end. Please know that your payment method is now under security verification and it will take up to 3 days to become active. Do not hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
lfernigrini
Community Member

I have the same problem, added the account last weekend and says it is a difference, while I can see that both my registered UpWork name and the one on the account are the same.

That was supposed to be solved by Upwork in 48hs or should get connected in 72hs if additional information was required (according to help) but nothig happened.

I opened a ticket on Thursday but also no news yet and I cannot even see the ticket since it asks for user/password!!!

lfernigrini_0-1679769142838.png

Sincerely, Upwork services and support has been going down over time!

Can anyone confirm how long did it take to get the issue solved on their own experience?

ahmedwagdymohy
Community Member

Now I linked my PayPal to my account and they re with the same name but with different gmails!
so any help with that? I really can't create another paypal and activate it so please try to solve this!

Hi Ahmed,

Please also note that our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
zainabkhan2728
Community Member

I have correct name and my account name is same with direct bank account details and upward account name. But still received name mismatched alert.

Please help

Hi Zainab,

Thank you for reaching out. I have followed up with the team handling your request and was informed that they would need additional information from you. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. One of our team members will respond to you as soon as possible. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I have waited last more than 48hours.

Kindly approve my bank account details.

It's my own bank account.

I can provide any documents.

Hi Zainab, 

If you can provide documents, it would be best to send them through your open ticket so that the team handling your account concern can review them against the information on your Upwork account. 

Support tickets are addressed by the order they were received, and updating a ticket will automatically send your ticket back to the queue. As such, I would recommend refraining from replying to the ticket unless you have further questions that haven't been asked or would like to volunteer new information. Once the team gets to your ticket in their queue, they will respond through the same thread.

~ Avery
Upwork
5a9a417f
Community Member

today Upwork notify me that "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." In spite of they are the same.

how can i solve this problem?

Thanks,

Asma

4724f649
Community Member

I received funds from a client, but it's pending, it says it takes a five day security period before the funds are transfered to my upwork balance, i've just recieved an email saying

"

The name on your payment account has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for acceptance because the name in your Upwork account is different than the name on the payment account.

In order for you to disburse funds to your payment account, you will be required to verify your account and provide a statement showing your name on the account.

"

I don't understand this because i'm only using payoneer to recieve funds.

ae17b5f6
Community Member

HI,

i added payment method but after that this message shown in my get paid page. please can you help me for this?

Hi Isuri,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
efernandes-baker
Community Member

I am unable to receive support for this issue.  I have provided the correct bank account infromation.  I open support tickets and Upwork keeps closing them without the issue being solved.  This has been going on for over 7 days now and could be easily resolved with a 5 min phone call- what a shame Upwork doesn't have a support number with representatives who can assist in real time.

efernandesbaker_0-1680265147548.png

Elizabeth Fernandes-Baker, MBA, PMP, CSM

Hi Elizabeth,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
ngetich-shyllah
Community Member

Hi 

Been raising an issue I'm regards of my user name to changed for work so that I can add my bank details but no one is helping out ;

My username of upwork doesn't match my bank details 

Hi Sheillah,

I checked but don't see a name mismatch on your account. Could you please confirm if you're still seeing that notification?

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths