🐈
» Forums » Support » Wire Transfer to Ukrainian PE. beneficiary na...
Page options
kiwidsconsulting
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707

Thanks Nikola,
All I am getting is a templated answer. Can you ask the team to look into my issue rather than tell me to remove the account I've added because there is a name mismatch? I explained I want the mismatch so if that's not doable, at least the answer should be customized to tell me that this not doable because of this and that, and then give me a suggestion or workaround if possible. 

Hi Yacine,

I’m sorry but I won’t be able to assist you here further. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to help you with your concern. I would recommend adding these to the same ticket thread so that the team has the correct information to assist you more efficiently. Please don’t hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
42a16ee6
Community Member

It is almost 3 days from adding my payment method, and I still got this message "Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." 
My payment bank account and Upwork account have exactly the same first name and last name, but the only difference is that on my bank account I have added my middle name and on Upwork I just added my first and last name without my middle name.
What can I do to solve this problem?

If the beneficiary name on your payment method doesn't match the name on your Upwork account, it may take some time for Upwork to verify your payment method. In your case, the difference between the two accounts is the middle name.

To resolve this issue, you can try contacting Upwork support and explain your situation. They may ask you to provide some additional documents, such as a government-issued ID that shows your full name, including your middle name. You can also try updating your name on Upwork to match the name on your payment method, including your middle name.

Additionally, it is always a good idea to ensure that the name on your payment method matches the name on your Upwork account to avoid any issues in the future.

Hello Salam,

I shared your concern with the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see this error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
42a16ee6
Community Member

Thanks a lot Mr. Luiggi.

The problem is solved, but I I have a concern.

I read that I need to verify my account by two small deposits to my account submitted by Upwork.

Is that right? Because I have not received any diposits.

Or the account is already verified?

Hi Salam,

Thanks for your questions. We have various ways of verifying the information Upwork users enter. If any additional details are requested, you will receive a notification or a prompt.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ab1a1e35
Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

When I add the payment method, which is local bank, account number end ..6155. It keep erro Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

My full name is NGUYEN VAN MINH. In which, NGUYEN is my family name, VAN is middle name, is MINH is first name.

I have check very carefully, I already fill the account name exact as shown on my Upwork account. Please advise how to correct this issue.

Thank you,

Van Minh

Nguyen,

Obtain screenshots of both your Upwork and bank name to submit to Upwork Support. Have a great day!

Hi Nguyen,

Thank you for your message. I see that your payment method is already accepted and will be active from March 9th, 2023. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e88931d3
Community Member

My legal name is Jo-Ann Vaydal as reflected in my Government issued ID however some banks in the Philippines do not allow special characters to be included in the account, thus the name on my bank account is spelled Jo Ann Vaydal, discarding the dash which is a special character. How can I get this fixed?

No Issue you can proceed with Jo Ann Vaydal

Hi Jo Ann,

Thank you for your message. I see your payment method is already accepted and active on your Upwork account. If you are looking to add a second payment method, you can add the same without the special character. Our team will reach you if they need additional information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e9c7c93f
Community Member

Hello 

i recentlly added a new payment method to my account (paypal) and both the names on my upwork profile and my paypal match yet it says that my beneficiary name is mismatched and i found out that in my invoives my name is written correclty ( Mayssa Kennouche) yet in my certificate of earnings it is misspelled , can you help me fix this issue because i can not get paid ?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mayssa,

I checked but I don't see a name mismatch on your account at the moment. Please know that it takes 3 days for a new payment method to become active for security reasons.

~Andrea
Upwork
buckeyedesign
Community Member

I tried over three business accounts and Paypal to hook up to Upwork and I am told that the name does not match.  My name is Phil on Upwork and a few of my accounts are "Philip" but my Paypal is Phil.  All rejected.  What do I do?  

Phil

Hello Phil, 

I've escalated your concern to the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see this error on your end.  You'll notice that the payment methods you've added are now going through a security verification and should become active within 3 days. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
36b1af11
Community Member

I have name mismatch and sent a ticket here

two days ago they replied "The name "Muhammad Maisara" on your payment account ended in **** has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for compliance"

my name on paypal is the same as on upwork "Muhammad Maisara"

I verified my account here on upwork before,

I have added screenshots and further details of my full name and ID "which is in Arabic"

in the ticket

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for submitting a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for you interest Pradeep, but I got no response after 72 hours!

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and I was informed that they have already notified you to verify your account to clear the mismatch. Could you please check the registered email address for the email notification sent to you and follow the steps listed?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
3a54f96b
Community Member

Hi! 
As the title says and in the screenshot added;

Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork 

How can I overcome this? The bank account is in my name, but I am guessing it has to do with the middle names and so on. How Can I  'convince' UpWork that it is in my name? 

Thanks!

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that in general, it could take up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
179bf742
Community Member

hello team i set up withdraw method but  my UpWork name and my card name do not match due to non-English characters in my name! In addition, the card information section does not accept the letter "ş"  of my original name.

Hello Muhamed,

I can see that you don't currently have a payment method added to your account. Please try adding your payment method once again, and if you do get the error, please know that the relevant team will proceed to review it to ensure there's no mismatch between your payment method's name and your verified name on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b79fb0c8
Community Member

My paypal account name is exactly the same as my upwork account name, yet upwork says that it isn't a match.
bilsim
Community Member

I believe your addresses also need to match.

Hi Haithem,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ce296437
Community Member

Hi, I'm having an issue adding my bank account as a payment method. My account was temporarily suspended and my financial account was also temporarily restricted. However now both are restored and my account is back to normal. Since I had removed all my payment methods when my financial account was restricted, I'm trying to add the same bank account details again. However, all I'm getting is beneficiary name mismatched, although my profile name and bank name are the same. I tried to add another account of mine and it says the same message. I think it might be an issue from upwork's end not sure because any account I try I keep getting that message although there is no apaprent issue with the names which are the same. 

Im trying to urgently withdraw funds to manage some of my bills but I'm not able to. 

Would be great if someone can kindly look into the earliest possible !

Cheers 

Dr. G

Hi Godwin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and it looks like the name mismatch has already been resolved.

In general, it can take up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
elizabeth-luebb
Community Member

Hello,

i just added a new payment method but i was told beneficiary name mismatched. I am sure all the details are correct please help rectify

kind regards . 

Still wait a response. Thanks 

Hi Joe,

Please allow 48 hours for the name mismatch on your account to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
56e67fbc
Community Member

Hello, apparently the beneficiary name is mismatched. I'd like to get this resolved asap but haven't received any email from the team regarding this problem yet. Can someone help me out? Thank you

Hi Juliana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
thanhtutzaw
Community Member

I got paypal name misamatch in upwork and it use my gmail instead of my paypal name .

Example .

It should be John but upwork know **Edited for Community Guidelines**

as my name intead of John

Hi Than,

You may update your payment method by removing and re-adding the details. Please also note that our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
c5d379fb
Community Member

I have started PE in Ukraine and want to set up Wire Transfer.

My upwork name is Andrii Hulin.

While setting up wire transfer to get paid, i've followed instructions (1, 2, 3)and filled out "Name of Account" as : PE Andrii Hulin. PE prefix is required to not have troubles with tax service.

Then i got this warning "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Then i were asked to verify my identity - i attached passport and Bank Statement from my PE account.

ID Passport was OK.

But Bank Statement from PE account somehow is not enough to verify that i'm a PE.

c5d379fb_0-1679392476254.png

So i wanna ask what exactly should i send to support, if direct bank statement from PE account is not enough?

Is there are any examples from Ukrainian freelancers who have faced this issue, because i have not found any on internet?

Or is this just a misunderstanding

Hello!

Recently, I've had very similar problem, but it was resolved by tech. support.

Name of on FOP account should be exactly as you stated: "PE Andrii Hulin"

I've not been asked for proof that I'm a PE, possibly because of my long story on Upwork.

Can suggest you to send a ticket to Upwork support team not with balance sheet, but with official registration document (**Edited for Community Guidelines**):

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Wish you luck!

Hope they can read cyrillic and it will work. дякую друже)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths