🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
kiwidsconsulting
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707

Hi Haris,

I checked and it doesn't look like there is a name mismatch on your account at the moment. Please wait the 3 standard days for the payment method to become active.

~Andrea
Upwork
jamespro94
Community Member

I added a new payment method on Tuesday, unfortunately, I was told the beneficiary's name is mismatched. I couldn't find any discrepancy between my profile name and the name on the payment method. Please I need to resolve this as soon as possible.

Hi James,

I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and they've confirmed that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Your payment method is now active. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

The name mismatch has been cleared. Thank you.

zekry
Community Member

Can't  add paypal payment method 

Also My name is matching upwork name

Thanks in advance 

Hi Mohamed,

I checked and can see that you removed the payment method from your account. You may go ahead and add it again and don't worry if you get the error you're mentioning if your names match. The team in charge will review it and take care of the error or reach out to you directly if they need additional information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
zekry
Community Member

I add my PayPal account 

zekry
Community Member

Please have a look to my account 

Hi Mohamed,

Kindly allow 24 to 48 hours for the name mismatch to be reviewed. The relevant team will contact you if they need additional information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mina--maged
Community Member

I added paypal as a payment method

Both paypal and upwork account have the same email and name.
However, I get these.
 Screenshot from 2022-11-12 20-29-26.pngScreenshot from 2022-11-12 20-29-12.png

The issue is now resolved

7a06c9a3
Community Member

Hi

I received a notification with same concern, stating Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork. The bank details and my name in Upwork is just the same.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

I suggest you contact support for this. I have resolved the same problem like that.

Hi Otar,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted now. Please complete the W-8BEN form to activate your payment method. Also, one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further with the ID verification request initiated on your account. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e074cb67
Community Member

Hello!

I've recently added a new bank account to my upwork but it says my beneficiary name is mismatched.

I've just received a mail that the bank account name doesn't meet compliance because it doesn't match my upwork ID yet it's the same name on my ID 

Please I really need a moderators help on this on this.

Hi Queeneth,

Thank you for reaching out. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
ce0bfb6b
Community Member

Hi! I have a problem with my payment method. I have a yellow warning that says "The beneficiary name is mismatched", but i have the same name in both accounts. I need help to solve my problem

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active after 3 days. Please update the Tax information page before you initiate a fund withdrawal.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
00137e0a
Community Member

Hello,

I've been trying to reach support like crazy, but the chatbot won't follow up on my request to speak with a human.

I'm trying to add my new business bank account to Upwork, but they're not allowing it because of a name mismatch. 

Of course there's a name mismatch: It has my business name on it, not my personal name.

Could anyone from support help me out here asap?

Thank you,

Rafael

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
e2b30c6e
Community Member

Greetings, I am trying to add my PayPal account to the payment methods, however, it shows me this notification error *"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."*  Although my name on PayPal is the same as on Upwork, still i have this error """ The beneficiary name is mismatched."""   kindly notice that I am new to Upwork and this is the only payment method I have so far"

0d529091
Community Member

Hello. My name is spelled Yiğitcan Sağır. However, ı cant use "ğ" on upwork and this causes me some payment issues. Also, ı found out that my name is changed to yiitcan sar . Please help my problem 

While it can be tempting to go into great detail about your work experience and qualifications in your cover letter—don't. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines** Short is best. It is best practice to limit your cover letter to one page—less in some cases.

Hi Yiitcan,

Apologies for the delayed response. It looks like our team was able to resolve the name mismatch error on your account. In general, it takes 24-48 hours for our team to review name mismatches and if we need additional documents to verify your identity, our team will reach out to you with instructions on how to complete it.

Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions.

~ AJ
Upwork
e2b30c6e
Community Member

I have the same name on PayPal as the name on Upwork however, I received an email that my name has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for compliance.  I am trying to add my Paypal account,

Hi Radwan,

Thank you for reaching out. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for your response, however, the problem is they already send me an email that my name has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for compliance.

Hi Radwan,

Thank you for your message. It would be best to respond to the ticket so our team can properly assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork
ephraim-million
Community Member

Hi, can you please help me.  I added my bank account to upwork but it says the beneficiary name is mismatched.  I have the same name and last name both on my bank account and my upwork profile.  Why would it say this?

I would just contact support, that's private information.

Hi Ephraim Million,

I reached out directly to the team handling your case and they confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your payment method is now active. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
35e7ee4e
Community Member

I have added two bank accounts to my accounts and both of them gave beneficiary name mismatch error. Can you fix the problem and activate the accounts?

Hi Dilara,

~ AJ
Upwork
nilayber
Community Member

Hello,

I recently edited my verified name on Upwork because it changed after marriage. Now my profile shows my current name.

Then, I edited my local bank account name on Upwork but I got this error:

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Is it possible that my new name hasn't been accepted by Upwork yet. If so, what should I do?

Best regards,

Nilay Hepkoparir

Hi Nilay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
nilayber
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

My problem has been solved. Thank you very much!

Best regards!

eloghosa_ihaza
Community Member

I changed my name on Upwork to reflect that in my US bank account, but when I try to add it as one of my payment methods the system says the beneficiary name is still "mismatched." Hence, it was deactivated.

Please I need assistance.

Hi Eloghosa,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a33a341f
Community Member

I've been dealing with this for 1-2 weeks and it's still not resolved. My name is Doğan and Upwork does not accept the letter "ğ". It's a very simple process, but I'm tired of upwork prolonging it. Change my name to "Doğan" and the whole problem will be solved. Please !!!

Hi Aylin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths