🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sassy_programmer
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

My name on Upwork and Paypal account are same as "Hamza Jamshed" but still upwork is saying, "The beneficiary name is mismatched." Can anyone help please with this ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Soner,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,653 REPLIES 1,653
f624da6a
Community Member

my payment method has been deactivated because of benificery name missmatch and not got any help can anyone please check and verify because its our Festival eid days and we need payment as soon as possible

Hi Muhammad,

I've reached out to the team handling your case and it looks like action still needs to be taken on your account to resolve the issue. Kindly expect an update from the team with further assistance on the ticket you've raised momentarily.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0a68f98e
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to request assistance with an issue I have encountered while trying to link my PayPal account to my Upwork account.

When I initially signed up for Upwork, I used my Gmail account, and the platform automatically took my Gmail ID name as my Upwork name. However, this has caused a problem when attempting to link my PayPal account, as the beneficiary name on my PayPal account does not match the name on my Upwork account. As a result, I received an error message stating that there is a beneficiary name mismatch.

To resolve this issue, I kindly request that my Upwork account name be corrected to match the beneficiary name on my PayPal account. The correct name is as follows: Pranoy M S

Please let me know what steps I need to take to ensure a smooth and timely resolution of this issue.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and understanding. I look forward to your prompt response and resolution of this matter.

Sincerely,

Pranoy M S

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

atawurrahman
Community Member

I Added my bank as a payment method . I did several transactions on this payment method but now  I have been told that the beneficiary name is incorrect.  Then i added another payment method and it is still saying that beneficiary name is incorrect although everything is correct. i can not understanding what is the actuall problem.  How do I fix this?

Hi Md, Atawur,

I've reached out directly to the team handling your case and submitted a follow-up. I just received a response from the team and they confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared on your account. Your new payment method will be active in three days for security reasons.

~ Arjay
Upwork
agonato
Community Member

Hi there,

I got married and I already changed my profile name to my married name. I already submitted my married ID. When I tried to add my new bank info with my married name on it, it says name mismatch. I tried to find the answer but unlucky. Anyone can help?

4b566f05
Community Member

Hi in the start I also face this issue like mis match name issue although I am not married I try different variations of names like first and middle ones together and last name separately and in this way I got matched 

Hi Ana May,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6a696799
Community Member

Correct my Acc num

cf6b95f7
Community Member

Hi,

I know this topic has been talked about at length. But I have a name mismatch between my profile and my bank account.

After searching everywhere it seems like Upwork actively reviews name mismatches, but it hasn't been the case for me as there has been a mismatch for months now.
Also, I'm guessing it's due to accents on my name, but in all the info I provided I didn't put any.
Thank you in advance.

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you.

41be60ef
Community Member

I have this problem:

"Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our page for additional information." 

I edit many time for my bank account but upwork tell me that I'm wrong.

Please fix this for me support upwork team

Thaks
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tuan,

I checked but don't see any payment methods flagged for name mismatch on your account at the moment. If you've removed it, could you please add it again? The team will review and clear the name mismatch or reach out to you for further clarification in 3-4 business days. That said, the payment method does need to remain added to your account during this time.

~Andrea
Upwork
41be60ef
Community Member

I checked my account and red flagged removed. I thought everything right now is ok. Yesterday I saw it but today when I log in my account the problem removed. 

cehic_ibro
Community Member

Hi everyone. I just got this message today when I tried to withdraw funds. I have used the same bank account since I started working on Upwork. Is there something I can do to fix this? Change the name on the bank account maybe? 

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Hi Ibro,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
cppublishing
Community Member

I verified my identity with UW on 4/12/23 and I haven’t received a payment since then. In the settings for my account it says "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." On the “Bank Account or Payment Method Under Different Name” page it says UW will reach out via email within 3-4 business days with follow up instructions on how to correct it.” But it’s been over two weeks and I haven’t received any email about this. How do I to contact a human being to get this straightened out?

Hello Clark,

I'm sorry to hear how this has inconvenienced you. I've escalated your concern to the relevant team and can confirm that the mismatch on your beneficiary name has been cleared. You should no longer see this error on your end and should be able to get your payments without any issues. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks for taking care of that.

351884d1
Community Member

I'm having trouble verifying my withdrawal method (Paypal) because it says the beneficiary name doesn't match. I use the exact same names in both accounts, only difference is I don't use my middle name in my Upwork profile as I do on my Paypal. Is there any chance you could check on this?  Thank you!

Hi Maria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked on this and can confirm that the name mismatch has already been resolved. However, you would still need to fill out the W-8BEN form in order for your payment method to become active.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
211c99cd
Community Member

sir you should check upwork term and policies regarding name so they can tell you better

extrapalantine
Community Member

Hi, I've been waiting 17+ days to receive a payment that's been delayed due to a "beneficiary name mismatch" between my name on UpWork and the one on my bank account. But both accounts use the same name, and no one has responded to my support ticket for more than two weeks. Could someone at UpWork help me so I can get my payment, please?

Hi Ben,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
e3331581
Community Member

My Upwork name and Bank account name matches but I am getting error message as "because the name on your withdrawal method doesn’t match the name on your Upwork account." 

Hi Paramasivan,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I took a closer look at your account and can confirm that the name mismatch has been cleared. For security reasons, your new payment method will be active in three days. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
nukalasomesh
Community Member

Hi Team, 

I trust you are doing well. 

I have updated the payment method that was used for the previous withdrawal and it says mismatch. Kindly, assist me with the further steps. 

szabolcs_varsa
Community Member

Hi, I just set a Withdrawal option - Wire Transfer (USD) to local bank (not US) and got the payment option inactivated with message "The beneficiary name is mismatched." My ID is verified, I have added my company bank account (where the company name is the beneficiary). I have already filled the W-8BEN-E where the same company details are added.  Please check and let me know how this can be resolved.

Thanks!

fb675d73
Community Member

Dear all,

I need your help with the payment method. I tried 20 times to get paid on my local bank. It says: However, you can’t use it yet because the name on your withdrawal method doesn’t match the name on your Upwork account.' I have all my regular information name and last name, which is matched with my bank account name, but somewhere is a problem with that, and I don't know where, because  I tried everything... Please help me! 

Hi Antea,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties getting paid. I took a closer look at your account and can confirm that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your payment is now active and ready for use. Could you please try to Get Paid and let us know if you're still having the same error? Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
pmiron472
Community Member

Hi, I linked my paypal account with upwork but it is saying:

my name from paypal and upwork are the same, can please someone help and activate that.
Thank you in advance.

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you've reached out to our support team and raised a ticket about the name mismatched issue you're experiencing. I can confirm that it's been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. Kindly allow our team 24-48 hours to complete the review and you will be getting an update here once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork
pmiron472
Community Member

Thank you.

cb8f1cc3
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to upwork, I am trying to sync my user name and beneficiary account name. My upwork is user name "Sarath Kumar"

cb8f1cc3_0-1683180310335.png

But I found in my username as "SarathKumar Munusamy" in  "certificate of earning".

cb8f1cc3_2-1683180481091.png

currently the issue is I am getting "The beneficiary name is mismatched" error my bank account name is "Sarath Kumar".
So, my account name and upwork username matchs as per my understanding, but name in "certificate of earning" in quite different. What name should match? how to change the name in "certificate of earning"? 

By,

Sarath Kumar.

Hi Sarath,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Okay thanks, looking your team support.

absence77
Community Member

I had a problem with my contact info, which I corresponded with support, they told me that they had changed, I also saw that they had changed, but today, when I restarted the payment, it turned out that my contact details had not changed and I could not receive the money, I have been waiting for a whole month for what would solved this problem and I received the money for a whole month, I'm waiting, but the support group does not solve anything very badly and do not work professionally, And so I ask the question why I can't change my data in contact info? 

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the relevant team and I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted now. Could you please try initiating the fund withdrawal now?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c4dc2793
Community Member

c4dc2793_0-1683201187576.png

I have also tried to edit account details which slightly differ with the verified name but they does not change and no any prompt message, please help on what to do

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths