🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sassy_programmer
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

My name on Upwork and Paypal account are same as "Hamza Jamshed" but still upwork is saying, "The beneficiary name is mismatched." Can anyone help please with this ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Soner,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,653 REPLIES 1,653
0e82702a
Community Member

Success now , thank you ✍️ Luiggi moderator.

{ATS}
792ce6ec
Community Member

I'm unable to get paid as my account name has a suffix fathers name - imtiyaz dar at the end of the account . Rest of my account name is the same as upwork profile name . Can you please look into it?

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
63699de6
Community Member

while am trying to fix my ID verification i got an offer but i can't accept it is there anyway i can accept the offer till i iget my verification accepted?

Hi Mohamed,

Yes, you will be unable to apply for a new job or accept an offer before you complete the verification. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

- Pradeep

Upwork
0d5c64f5
Community Member

The name on my profile, paypal account and bank account is the same. Anything I need to do to fix this?

Hi Rofel,

I have followed up with the team handling your request and I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted now. It will become active starting April 1st.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

Hi team,

This is now getting too much of my time and energy.

Attaching a few screenshots where you guys can see the bugs and issues Upwork is creating.

I changed my name from Deepika Karnik to Deepika Jain a few months ago, and I am still receiving the mails with my name Deepika Karnik (it was approved too) and showing updated on the profile then why the mails are still saying Deepika Karnik.

Also, when I raise this issue I have been asked to submit Marriage certificate, but then there's no option, where I can choose to submit my marriage certificate, kindly refer to the screenshots.

Let me know If it can be sorted or not, so that I can close my account and move on to some reliable freelancing paying sites.

Looking for a proper and final solution, please!

Thanks and Regards

Hi Deepika,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via your registered email address. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
73263b5d
Community Member

"Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information."

I edited my name on upwork to match paypal name and it still doesnt confirm my payment method. fix this please. thanks

Hi Firas,

I checked with our verification team and can confirm that your name mismatch error has been resolved. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ddca9e9e
Community Member

My  payment method has been deactivated since my upwork name does not match? 

I updated my name on Upwork and now my Paypal account is the same as "Andrea Alexandra Gratacos". Is there anything else I need to do? 

Thank you!

d5a05d1e
Community Member

Hi! I have the same problem. I need to connect to a Human support but it is impossible. My PayPal account doesn't connect because it says that it doesn't match my contact info and that's not the case because I double check all my information and my PayPal account and my Upwork account have the same Name, email, and info in general.

Please HELP! humans!

Hi Rodrigo,

I reached out directly to the team handling the review and they confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. You can now proceed with completing your Tax Information to activate your payment method. You may visit this help article for detailed instructions on how to do so. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths