๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
Hamza J Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

My name on Upwork and Paypal account are same as "Hamza Jamshed" but still upwork is saying, "The beneficiary name is mismatched." Can anyone help please with this ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Soner,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If itโ€™s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the โ€˜Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select โ€˜Sendโ€™. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi

View solution in original post

1,653 REPLIES 1,653
Adeleke o Community Member

It actually worked but I tried editing some things and it is now saying beneficiary name mismatch,please can you help me correct it as soon as possible.
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Adeleke,

I would be happy to help. Your name mismatch is now approved. 

~ Nikola
Marcos M Community Member

Hello, I have this problem. I recently added Paypal as a payment method but a notification told me shortly after that I could not use Paypel because the ''beneficiary name is mismatched''. And both my Upwork and Paypal names are the same, I'm not using a strange nick name or something. I really need help with this, I can't work without this.

Rose Achieng A Community Member

Hi Marcos, 

I'd suggest you check the order of which your names are entered e.g M. Marcos and Marcos M ......or if you more names in PayPal than in Upwork 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Marcos,

I've followed up with the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see this error on your end. Remember to also update your Tax Information page with all the missing details so you can get paid, and don't hesitate to follow up with us if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Shivankit A Community Member

Hello 

My name is Shivankit Arora and I am an independent marketing consultant

I have registered a company - the name of which is different than my name.

When I am giving the bank account of my company in Upwork it is rejecting due to name mismatch

My business/freelance income needs to go to company account and not my savings account
Please help me get approval for this bank account method?
What kind of documents do you need from me for verification? Please let me know

I am the sole director of my company

Sajal S Community Member

You must look into forum for help. You will get quick information to help you out in reslving the issue. As you Current account is in your company name and you are sole director, get the letter from your bank on their letter head stating that you are director of company and authorized signatory as per bank records ( Banks have format available with them). Submit the same to upwork and you issue will get resolved.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hello Shivankit,

Thank you for your message. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here

- Pradeep

Shahnaz S Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I trust this message finds you well.

I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I have encountered regarding the withdrawal methods available for my Upwork account, specifically in relation to my Payoneer account.

Upon attempting to set up my withdrawal methods, I have discovered that the withdrawal options supported by my Payoneer account are not currently activated on Upwork.

I understand that Payoneer is a supported withdrawal method on Upwork, and I have successfully linked my Payoneer account to my Upwork profile.

I kindly request your prompt assistance in resolving this matter. 

To assist you in investigating and resolving this issue, I have included the following details:

Upwork Username: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Payoneer Account ID: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

if there is any issue of different name identification so please let me assist how can merge these matters please.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to a swift resolution. If additional information is required, please do not hesitate to contact me at **Edited for Community Guidelines** or through the Upwork messaging system.

Thank you for your prompt assistance in resolving this matter. I appreciate your attention to detail and commitment to providing excellent service.

Best regards,

shahnaz

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

shahnaz
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Shahnaz,

It looks like your payment method is already accepted. Please complete your Tax Information page to use your payment method.

- Pradeep

Fatma U Community Member

My direct to bank payment method has been is mismatched and deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.---

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

c14d69da_2-1699886092143.png
c14d69da_0-1699886402171.pngc14d69da_1-1699886413654.png

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Fatma,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Emad H Community Member

Hello, I have this message " Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account " but the name is correct in both upwork and paypal what should i do.  

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Emad,

I contacted the team handling your case, and they confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your new payment method is now active and ready for use. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Kendrah M Community Member

I've tried my debit card, bank account and PayPal and they all have my name on them. The same name that up work has, and none of them are matching. I've been trying this ever since last week  

Hi Kendrah,

I reached out to the team handling the review and they confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your new payment method will be active and ready for use in three days. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Emad H Community Member

Hi Arjay, thank you so much, unfortunately i'm still having trouble with withdrawal and paypal, 

Please check the attached photo for the message,
Please tell me what to do.
Thanks a lot.

Thank you for confirming this Emad,

I've shared your report with the support team for further review. One of the members will contact you on this page with more information and further assistance regarding your withdrawal concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Emad H Community Member

Thank you so much

Nurseli S Community Member

My payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on my payment method does not match the name on my Upwork account.

Apparently, I am having trouble because of the Turkish characters on my legal name. I can't type my legal name into bank information because of the character restrictions. I request support, thank you.

Gul Rahman H Community Member

My payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on my payment method does not match the name on my Upwork account.

Apparently, I am having trouble because of the Turkish characters on my legal name. I can't type my legal name into bank information because of the character restrictions. I request support, thank you

Alper D Community Member

Hi Nurseli, welcome to Upwork. In your case, support will manually approve it if you create a support ticket which is done through support.upwork.com

I try to create a support ticket but there is no get support widget at the bottom of the help center pages.

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Nurseli,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths