🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
c3ca1bf0
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello, today, I am trying to add paypal as an additional payment method.

My full name on paypal account is Cong Dinh, which is the same on upwork account.

But upwork says:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

But I noticed that the verified name on contracts and invoices is Ding Cong. Is this the reason?

If so, this should not be a big deal!

Can you help me add paypal quickly?

Best regards.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

299 REPLIES 299
2933912a
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Thanks for your quick support but i haven't deleted the payment method actually. The error is still there and j attached a screenshot just to make things clear

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ashraf,

Arjay here stepping in for Luiggi. I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your new payment method is now active and ready for use.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2933912a
Community Member

the issue still persists, i even tried switching up devices to see if one of the devices was glitching but the issue is still there, should i try removing and re-adding the payment method (Note: i tried doing that 2 times before submitting this problem)

mizan788
Community Member

My payment method "direct-to-bank" has been deactivated since my Upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account because of the nickname I previously used when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in Upwork. Before some days ago I requested to update my name and activate the payment method direct to bank account. But still now it shows me mismatched. Please solve this problem as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Md Maniruzzaman.

Hi Md M,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and it appears that you have already deleted the payment method. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
2933912a
Community Member

So i previously submitted a forum about the "beneficiary name and upwork profile names are mismatched" and Upwork support team responded that they checked and the payment method is now activated, well it wasn't activated so i left it that way for about a day then tried to remove and re-add the payment method and the issue is still there, could upwork team please help me?

Hi Ashraf,

Thanks for reaching out. We've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your beneficiary name has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any additional questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2933912a
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I've just checked and the problem is solved, thanks a lot for helping me out and fixing the issue! 😀

4f4b3998
Community Member

Hello, i need help, I am new to Upwork, i recently got my first contract,  and in order to get paid i need to solve this issue, the name on my paypal account and the name on Upwork are the same (Raul Alfredo Peña) but i still keep receiving this message. 

what should i do?   pay day is near and i need to solve this asap-    thanks in advance.

Hi Raul,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I see that you have already removed the payment method from your Upwork account. Could you please add the payment method and allow 24-48 hours for our team to review and approve your payment method? Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
65a579db
Community Member

I've taken a task and completed it, and submitted it to the client on Telegram. The client redirected me to the finance department, which is possibly from the Upwork team, and invited me to open a bank account via a link at **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I did so, and they paid me through this bank account. However, when I tried to send money to my local bank, I couldn't do it because it asked for a six-digit code called LBT. I contacted the online customer assistant, and they told me to deposit $250 into the bank account. I'm confused. What's the issue here, and what's the solution? Please let me know.

jack_sutcliffe
Community Member

Like many my name and bank details are different as i run a company. HOW can i get this approved when i cannot speak to an agent or find an email address. You are keeping me from feeding my children. For a site that connects people, you do very well UN-connecing yourself from your community. 

This needs to be solved. 

Can someone contact me to get this sorted please. 

Hello Jack,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble adding your bank account. I notice that you're already in contact with the appropriate team through a support ticket regarding your issue, and one of our team members is currently assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
cattze
Community Member

Hello!  opened this account some time ago but i recently tried to get back in the groove again.

I tried to set up my paypal, which is on the same email as the email stated on my upwork account, but says it's dismached. 

Could anyone of the upwork team help me with this? I have no issues in verifying myself.

c612bb33
Community Member

Hello, I have changed my profile name from Studio Catfish to the real one "Mansura Aktar". However I am unable to add any payment method, it says my name doesn't match with my profile name, and in the email, I am mentioned as Studio Catfish. Can anyone help me? 

Hi Mansura,

I've contacted the team handling the review to have your name concerns reviewed. They confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your new payment method is now active and ready for use. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
1a03643f
Community Member

Hello,

I added a payment method last Friday but the status is still "The beneficiary name is mismatched" I have checked the name on my profile is the same as my bank account.

Please help

Thanks!

Hi Yung,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and it appears that your name mismatch is already clear now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
damian_y
Community Member

I added my company bank account. For this reason I get this message "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account".
I need to share the corresponding documentation from my company to solve this. The problem is that 72 hours have passed and I have had no response from Upwork.

Hi Damian,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
khaledrefaat
Community Member

my name is khaled mohammed refaat, and when I registered to upwork I did use the name I use everywhere which is khaled refaat, when I added a payment method the card name was khaled Mohammed refaat so upwork reject the card so I decided to change my name to the name on the papers (khaled Mohammed), upwork asked me to verify my id again, when I added my national id upwork reject it. can you please help me with this

Hi Khaled,

We confirmed with our verification team and are happy to let you know that the name mismatch error has been fixed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

i still have the same error with the identity verification 

4fd2b572
Community Member

Hello, 2 payment methods have been deactivated due to beneficiary name mismatch but the names on the accounts are the same with my upwork profile 

Hi Peace,

We'd like to let you know that we checked with our verification team who confirmed that the name mismatch has been resolved. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
4fd2b572
Community Member

Hello. Thank you for the response. I have one pending payment method that is yet to be resolved. Please could you look into this.

Hi Peace,

Your payment method has been accepted and will be active after 3 days.

- Pradeep

Upwork
khaledrefaat
Community Member

my name is khaled mohammed refaat, and when I registered to upwork I did use the name I use everywhere which is khaled refaat, when I added a payment method the card name was khaled Mohammed refaat so upwork reject the card so I decided to change my name to the name on the papers (khaled Mohammed), upwork asked me to verify my id again, when I added my national id upwork reject it. can you please help me with this.

i got this replay from one of the Moderators "We confirmed with our verification team and are happy to let you know that the name mismatch error has been fixed. " but nothing got fixed I still have the same error

Hi Khaled,

I'm sorry you are having trouble with the verification process. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
91b9ac4d
Community Member

Good day!

I withdrew money from my Upwork account on May 8, 2024 and received a notification from Upwork Alerts that it has been proccessed and did not get an email from Upwork stating that the payment had been processed. However, until now I havent receive anything yet or any issue that it was decline or refunded , I still have not received the balance in my local bank account.

I tried to check with my local bank but there is no any money transffered in my account. Can someone assist me please? Thank you in advance

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry you haven't received your funds yet. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
oladimeji_peter
Community Member

Hi there, 

I've been getting an error message, "The beneficiary name is mismatched" with respect to my bank account, which I have been using for some time now without any hitches. I'd love to have this fixed.

My hunch is that the problem originates from the inconsistencies in my name. My account bears "Aramide Oladimeji" instead of "Peter Oladimeji," which I use on Upwork.

I humbly wish to inform you that both "Aramide O." and "Peter O." are my names, as can be proven by my Bank Statement and Gov IDs, and Proof of Account herein attached to this mail. 

I would appreciate it if this is looked into without delay. 

Best, 

/Peter O. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out. We've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your beneficiary name has been successfully verified. You should be able to start using your payment method. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d8d9d5c5
Community Member

Hello.

My Paypal account name and my ID card name is the same.

But when accessing to Paypal, beneficiary name mismatch error occur.

And then, I found that my verified name is misspelled.

Could you please let me know how to fix it?

Hi Michael,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your new payment method will be active in three days. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
redruth1617
Community Member

I added new billing method but it is showing name mismatch even I input the same name in my account. Please help me resolve, thank you!

Hi Angelica,

We checked your account, but was not able to see any mismatch error. Could you please adding your billnig method again? If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c0e6c367
Community Member

c0e6c367_0-1716993707750.png

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

HELP PLEASE

sorry i dont undersand , what is the problem again pls can you tell me

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths