🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: UK Location Verification - Unable to do
Page options
alilondon
Community Member

UK Location Verification - Unable to do

Hello, I have recently moved to the UK. I have a biometric residence permit but I do not have a British passport.

When I tried to upload my BRP, the following text is displayed:

"It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID.Please try again with an image of your state issued U.K. driving licence or British passport."

How could I overcome this and successfully get my ID verified?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi TAI,

It looks like you're trying to apply to UK-only job posts. In order to apply for these, you must verify your location. If you encounter any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

If you'd prefer not to verify your location at this time, that's ok! Switch the feed you're looking at to My Feed and you can search and apply to job posts that are Worldwide.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

419 REPLIES 419
5cecb199
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

As I've said, those are not details. Those are just general rules of proof submission, which I was already aware of and which give me absolutely no information about what could be the issue with the documents I provided.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mike,

Arjay here stepping in for Andrea. As she mentioned, since you already got a support ticket set up with your concern, we highly suggest you coordinate with the team by responding to their message if you have questions or need further assistance. The team will surely assist you accordingly and more efficiently. You can access your ticket and continue communicating with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5cecb199
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

The team has not responded to my ticket in days. According to the verification page, verification should take no longer than 1 business day, which is clearly not happening. My livelihood depends on Upwork and I need this issue to be solved ASAP. Pease expedite the issue.

Hi Mike,

I checked and can see that you've been in communication with the team recently and you can rest assured they will continue to assist you until the issue is resolved. Also, note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received, so kindly allow 24-48 hours from your last message to the Customer Support team for them to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5cecb199
Community Member

Now they're just rejecting me for made-up reasons. I'd like to speak to someone in charge. I suspect your team members are racist.

Hi Mike,

I am sorry to learn how you feel. I see that you have already responded to the support ticket. I will also share your feedback with the relevant team. Please don't hesitate to follow up on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
rachael_ogun
Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support

can someone help me please as i do not know who to message or what to do?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
f88e1825
Community Member

I've been trying to verify my number for a day or so but I keep getting the 'Something went wrong, please try again later' message.

I have tried changing browsers, clearing my cookies and cache and trying to do it on my phone instead of my laptop but nothing is working. 

Hi Lorna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
abaa23d3
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

I have pre-settled status, employment in the UK but no UK passport or Uk driver license, can one of your agents reach out to me to gain access to UK-only jobs. thanks

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi William,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
1f5c9f41
Community Member

Hi upwork,

I am creating my profile but I can not received text SMS. Is there any way to verify my phone number ?

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2f0802fb
Community Member

I have recently moved to the UK. I have a biometric residence permit but I do not have a British passport and driver license. 

Kindly assist on what can be done.
Thanks.

Hi Ify,

~ Nikola
Upwork
4fd24738
Community Member

Hi I am new to Upwork and trying to create my profile but am not receiving my verification text message.

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Hi Edward,

~ Nikola
Upwork
2f0802fb
Community Member

Hello Support,
Kindly assist in the the verification of my current location as I am barely 2weeks in the UK. I only have my BRP card, Student ID and statement of account( less than a month transaction).

I need your guide.

Regards
Ify

Hi Ify,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
616be854
Community Member

I cannot submit any proposals, please help. I'm given an error message that says "IDV verification needed", but there is no link or pop-up to verify my ID. 

Please help so I can begin to submit proposals.

Hi Aneeka, 

~ Nikola
Upwork
580326c5
Community Member

I keep getting the same error message when I try to send a prosposal. It reads; There was an error loading this page: error [7a0244b839e93868-LHR, 7a0244b839e93868-LHR]. Contact Upwork Support for more information. 

I also get a red banner at the top of the page saying I need to verify my ID. However, I can't find anywhere to do so on my settings button, and everything I've found in relation said Upwork will send me an email or popup when they want me to verify my ID. Neither such thing has happened yet. 

The Upwork Support button was no help. 

Any advice?

Hi Grace,

~ Nikola
Upwork
shabih66
Community Member

Hello,

I am from Pakistan and my profile is verified on the details of Pakistan.

I recently moved to the UK (London) on Student Visa and I want to change the location on my profile. 

After changing the location it asks for ID verification. I have the BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) issued to every international student and address verification details as well.

I am only allowed to work 20 hours a week and I don't know about the rules and regulations regarding taxation in the UK. Will it cause any problems with my Student VISA? 

Kindly guide me if anyone has knowledge about this.

Best regards,

Shabih Ul Hassan 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths