🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: please reply to my request. Its opened fo...
Page options
Hassan W Community Member

Unable to add/use payment method

Hi, Upwork can't accept my credit card for some reason, it keeps on declining it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Hassan

In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, you can contact support by:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,226 REPLIES 1,226
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Terry,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will reach out to you on this page with further assistance in adding a billing method to your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Vaishalli P Community Member

Since last week, I have been getting this message when trying to create a project. 
I have tried multiple payment cards. same issue. 
Anyone ? 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Vaishalli,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
Sonu S Community Member

I am facing somewhat same issue. first it says "Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one" then i add paypal same issue. then i try to remove all the payment methods and add them again. this time payment get deducted and on screen same issue " Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one". when i try to open contact support site "https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001191233" which i get from the end of the message, the site didn't open. i try different browser,devices, mobile phone, tablet same thing. Now what should i do, this is my first time on Upwork and got this experience, can anybody tell me what should i do next? do i get my deducted money back or not?  

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Sonu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Ivan K Community Member

When I try to hire a person I get an error: "Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact customer support."  

The bank responded that payments are being sent but the recipient cannot accept it and the payment is being returned (cancelled). Tried several cards, same result. 
can someone help me please?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Ivan,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Afaq M Community Member

Mam, I have the same issue. Kindly help me regarding the issue. I have add the payoneer account details twice but both time they say me inactive.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Afaq,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Afaq M Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your kind respond. Sir, last time i do the same and raised a support ticket and an Upwork support staff member come to me for this concern and told me that we will look into this for you. I waited for few days but they not respond.

I do the same 2nd time and the same staff came and happen the same as last time i do. 

Now i again raised a ticket, a staff member came and told me that we will look into this for you. Hope this time they helped me well. 

Thank you so much

Afaq

Aslam L Community Member

I want to hire a freelancer for my work but after i select a suitable freelancer and go to the billing method i inserted my card details and still it gives an error and i cant proceed in that step. please help me with this issue. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Aslam,

I'm sorry to hear that your payment wasn't going through. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Kindly contact your card-issuing bank to inquire about the specific charge decline. If the issue persists afterward, we'll be happy to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Dmitrii S Community Member

Im trying to contact support, but Bot constantly redirects me to opened request. Please reply it

Hi Dmitri,

I'm sorry if you're not getting support or an update on your ticket sooner. I can confirm there's no restriction, so that you can use your account as usual. Please let us know more about your concern and why you need to contact our support team; we'll look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Dmitrii S Community Member

Im recieving this warning messaage when im trying to fund milestone (see attachement)
Bank says there is not issues with my card, how can i solve it?Screen Shot 2023-11-17 at 08.46.29.png

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Dmitrii,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Jordan Y Community Member

same thing happened to me and now I can't fund and send payment to the freelancer.

Ho Jordan,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. I'm sorry to hear that your payment wasn't going through. Generally, this happens when the bank keeps declining transactions you're attempting on your card. 

Kindly contact your card-issuing bank to inquire about the specific charge decline. If the issue persists afterward, we'll be happy to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Bjoern R Community Member

Hey my credit card did get accepted, but each time the payment gets through it gets canceled again?
I can see in my credit card history that it got charged, but it seemed to be declined on your end 5 times so far and I get the message to change my card. Tried two PayPal accounts which are connected to other bank accounts, but those are getting declined by the automatic system. Not quite sure what else I can do 😥

Hi Bjoern,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. I'm sorry to hear that your payment wasn't going through. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. 

Kindly contact your card-issuing bank to inquire about the specific charge decline. If the issue persists afterward, we'll be happy to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Bjoern R Community Member

Hey Arjay,
the bank didnt decline the payment, but it wasnt accepted on your side they told me.
Like I said also the additional payment methods I tried connecting didnt work, even tho it was paypal and connected to different bankaccounts.
-Björn

Thank you for your response and confirmation, Bjoern,

I've shared your report with our support team and raised a ticket to give your concern the attention it deserves. One of the team members will contact you on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Afaq M Community Member

Hi All,

I am still facing the issue of Payoneer account inactive on my upwork account. I have ALSO contacted payoneer Support and they ask for Payee ID, When i provide then he told me that your Upwork is active funding sources from our side.

Kindly help me regarding this issue and i will be thankful.

Thanks

Rabbia N Community Member

Hi, I have attached my debit card, and it was successfully attached to my account, but when I try to pay the freelancer, it shows the error " We couldn't charge the billing method" or " Recent charge failed". Why is it happening? Please help! 

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Rabbia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Additionally, please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths