🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to apply funds. Paypal.
Page options
mirzamokrovic
Community Member

Unable to apply funds. Paypal.

Hello, as you see, i have problem with getting paid. Everytime i try to withdraw founds, i got this mail:

Hi Mirza,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Can you please help me, 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Andrey,

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

516 REPLIES 516
7b77d0f3
Community Member

I am also having issue with sending funds from UpWork to PayPal, can someone help:

"We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments."

Hi Kaid,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account and try initiating the fund withdrawal once the issue is resolved by Paypal support?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
29eb9474
Community Member

I am receiving the same response when I try to withdraw to Paypal. What is the actual reason that it refuses, we have a thread from 2020 for the same issue and they all require someone to help, Is there no easier solution?

Hi Matthew,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
freger
Community Member

I finally verified my account, but now I can't withdraw my funds. I linked a paypal account and tried to get paid (3 times) but it always tells me "Your payment on xx-Aug-2022 could not be processed"

Hi Oleksandr,

Thank you for your message. PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
7c3fef65
Community Member

Hi. I have this problem as well when trying to withdraw to my PayPal account. It says: "Unable to apply funds" and the withdrawal gets rejected.

Hi Aldo,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your fund withdrawal. Could you please contact Paypal support directly to check your account status and try again after the account is restored? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
f530e366
Community Member

Hello

"We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds."

That's the mail I get when I try to withdraw my money from upwork to paypal

Hi Alaa,

I'm sorry to hear about the error you're receiving upon withdrawing your funds. Can you please try contacting Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account? Then you can try initiating the fund withdrawal once the issue is resolved by Paypal support. Let us know if the issue persists after consulting this with Paypal then we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
kareemosama911
Community Member

Hi

I have the same problem and I noticed that my financial name is still Kareem Osama not Karim Fayed, could it be the reason?

Thanks in advance

Hi Karim,

Thank you for your message. If you are referring to the returned Paypal withdrawal, this is mainly due to an issue with your Paypal account. Please contact your Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account and try again once the issue is resolved.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Paradeep 

I am trying to contact them but still no resonse. Regarding my money, I requested a withdraw since the 6th of Sep and still did not recieve it nor returned to my account. Is it normal ? 

I requested a wiretransfer

Hi Karim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
45dbd5f9
Community Member

Hello! Same problem with paypal. Please help. Thank you

Hi Maksim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please try contacting Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account? Then you can try initiating the fund withdrawal once the issue is resolved by Paypal support. If the issue persists, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork
c33eb253
Community Member

Hello,
I have tried to transfer funds from my Upwork account to my bank account twice & Upwork to Paypal twice. All 4 times my transfer was rejected. For bank transfer I received the rejection 1 day later while for Paypal the rejection is immediate.
I wish to transfer my funds. Kindly advise.

P.S. My Paypal is verified.

Hi Priyanka,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ipoltavcev
Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem with getting payment via Paypal. Please help me. 

"The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds."

Hi Ihor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
b86c1057
Community Member

Dear Upwork team,

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem to transfer my earnings to Paypal. I'm getting a message saying "Unable to apply funds". Can you please help?

Regards

Hi Reda,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account and try again once the issue is resolved? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I don't have any restriction on my Paypal account. I was expecting having some help from Upwork support team.

Hi Reda,

Thank you for the follow-up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ad2b203c
Community Member

Hello!

I get error "Unable to apply funds", my paypal connected from Ukraine. 

Hi Marat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please contact Paypal support to check your account status and try again after the issue with your Paypal has been resolved? You may also use other payment methods to withdraw your funds. Kindly check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
353ce0d4
Community Member

Hello Everyone

I also have the same issue, I have tried to re-enable the payment method serveral times but with no luck.

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
dea311f7
Community Member

Hello!

I have the same problem with PayPal. Please help me.

b4387d9b
Community Member

Hello Upwork and all,

I've finished work for a client and wrote him his requested articles and materials. The client processed payment and I've been eager to receive my first payment to assist with some minor expenditure, however attemtping to transfer it through Paypal (my usual method of money to and fro' my bank) keeps resulting in failure to transfer with no reason other than a confirmation email followed by a notification that it was unable to be processed.

My Paypal is set and everything checks out, including my personal details regarding it which Upwork teams manually checked - in addition to be on my account for a month or two (more by now). I'm just curious why this is failing and if I can possibly get an sort of resolutions regarding this?

Hi Aaron,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties withdrawing the funds from your account. I'll have one of the team members assist you further via a support ticket. Kindly expect an update on this page once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cms-pro
Community Member

May I know what the meaning of this? I tried to withdraw through my PayPal account. 

And I also can not make a transfer to payoneer, they deduct one dollar from me and cancel the transaction without describing the error.

Hi Vadym,

~ Nikola
Upwork
lerchka
Community Member

I have the same problem about PayPal. Could you please help me too? 

Hi Valeriia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Have you tried contacting Paypal support to check your account status and try again after the issue with your Paypal has been resolved? You may also try to use other payment methods to withdraw your funds. Kindly check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
3562e641
Community Member

Hi, i can't get paid via paypal, the problem is when i requesting it, it make a refund in 2 mins, without any error message, so i even can't check whats wrong, its not a name missmatch case, cause it was verifyed 

Hi Yuri,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties withdrawing your funds. I'll have one of the Support Team members assist you further via a support ticket. Please expect an update on this page once your case is fully reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
leoelsawy
Community Member

So i tried to withdraw my money through paypal but for some reason the money got refunded to upwork

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the fund withdrawal. Please contact Paypal support directly to check the status of your Paypal account and try initiating the withdrawal once the issue is resolved.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths