🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to apply funds. Paypal.
Page options
mirzamokrovic
Community Member

Unable to apply funds. Paypal.

Hello, as you see, i have problem with getting paid. Everytime i try to withdraw founds, i got this mail:

Hi Mirza,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Can you please help me, 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrey,

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

516 REPLIES 516
restomix
Community Member

Hello,
I have the same problem with getting paid via PayPal. May someone help me?
Thank you very much.

Hi Yurii,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

I faced the same problem here. Could you please advise how to solve the issue?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Oleksandr,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

I faced the same problem here. Could you please advise how to solve the issue?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Dyon,

Sorry to hear you had trouble with this. I can see that you have already discussed your case with one of our agents. You can find more information in this support ticket.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

thank you for your reply،

They told me the problem is from PayPal, but when I contacted them they told me that there is no problem with my account. So what do I do now, when I contact upwork support they say the problem is from PayPal and when I contact PayPal support they say the problem is with upwork.

Hi Dyon,

Our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal directly there. If you have any additional information you would like to share, feel free to post them directly on your ticket as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thanks for your help,

I'm really angry and I don't understand what's going on, my PayPal account linked to Upwork account has been active for a year and I allowed upwork to check my Paypal account with my full name, email address, account verification status, PayPal ID, the last time I made a withdrawal was on May 28, which is about Two weeks and all year round I used to withdraw and there was no problem. What happened now? Why was the transaction rejected? I have financial obligations and expenses, and in this way I am disabled.

The problem has been resolved and I have now received the money to my PayPal account. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you
alexazarnin
Community Member

Hello! I have same problem with paypal. Please help me. Thank you.

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble using PayPal. I can see that you raised a support ticket and the team already followed up with you. Please, don't hesitate to reply to your ticket if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks for answering. Yes i already got reply, and will try to contact
PayPal support. Looks like problem is on their side.

I got the same problem

Hi Chunlee,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
bojkaa
Community Member

I have a same problem with PayPal, everytime I tried to withdrew founds, i got the same mail stating 'Unable to apply funds'. Can you please help me?

Hi Dejan,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,  there?

I have the same issue.

please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Keti,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem. PayPal method is enabled but not working for me. Can you please advise?

Cheers,

Dima

Hi Dmytro,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello I have the same problem. I wanted to withdraw funds to my pay pal account and I am getting the same response every time : "unable to apply funds", can you help me please 

Hi Tadjeni,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello 

Could someone help me with "unable to apply funds" problem?

Hi Tawanda,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello I have the same problem. I wanted to withdraw funds to my pay pal account and I am getting the same response every time : "unable to apply funds", can you help me please 

Hi Rami,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem. PayPal method is enabled but "unable to apply funds". Can you please help me out with this?

Thank you,

Andrey.

Hi Andrey,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bbdd94b5
Community Member

Hello Team,

I just got the same response. Just worried, what could be the reason. Can someone please help? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shivani,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e1f5c5b6
Community Member

I have the same problem. The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivana,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ugurmemmedov
Community Member

Hello,

Unfortunately, I have the same problem with Mirza.

Regards,

Ughur

Hi Ughur,

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
nadern96
Community Member

I have the same problem

Everytime I tried to get paid I got this email:

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately, it failed. The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds. As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nader, 

Could you please check if Paypal is an accepted payment method in your country? You may want to check this with Paypal or read their help article here.

~ Avery
Upwork
blaisep
Community Member

Hello, I have the same issue. I can't withdraw to Paypal. Here is the error:
"We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed. The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds."
Can you please assist? Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Blaise Pascal,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to look into this issue and assist you accordingly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ramasyhoby
Community Member

I have the same issue and I am really disapointed by the helping ressources here. Nobody to ask directly, have to do multiple research, time consumer and not efficient! I have my money blocked in the upwork account ! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths