🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to land a job and edit skills
Page options
marketer_ayomide
Community Member

Unable to land a job and edit skills

Hi Upwork!

I'm Victoria,

I've been freelancing as a content writer on your platform since last year and have had a few jobs, but the last one I had was LAST YEAR in October. I've been submitting proposals on a regular basis and purchasing a lot of connections, but I have yet to receive a response or an invitation, let alone land another job.

I'm not sure what's wrong because I'm exhausted; please assist me in looking into it. Freelancers, Please let me know if there is anything I am doing incorrectly, as I am in desperate need of assistance.

Also, I've noticed that I can't edit my skills since last month; when I try, it says network error and won't change. I attempted to clear my cache, but still will not edit.

Please assist Upwork.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Victoria.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ayomide,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that you're having a hard time landing a job at the moment. I would like to recommend a few things that might help you get back on your feet:

You can create Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

We also highly encourage you to continue to work to become a Top-Rated or Top Rated Plus Freelancer once you get enough recent work history. Having these badges in your profile will increase your invite and hire rate.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ayomide,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that you're having a hard time landing a job at the moment. I would like to recommend a few things that might help you get back on your feet:

You can create Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

We also highly encourage you to continue to work to become a Top-Rated or Top Rated Plus Freelancer once you get enough recent work history. Having these badges in your profile will increase your invite and hire rate.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork
marketer_ayomide
Community Member

Thank you AJ, I really appreciate your kind feedback. I'd put your suggestions into consideration, but at the moment i'm not able to edit my skills for a month now which has been a major challenge for me, can you please help look into it?

Also, can you please answer this question as i'd appreciate your response.

Last year I was very frequent on Upwork and had 96% JSS. I slacked for a while cause I was busy and my JSS moved from 96% to 86% and as a result I couldn't meet up to get a top rated badge.

Please how do I rise back so I can get the badge? and will upwork give a second opportunity to get a top rated badge after losing it for the first time?

Note: I never got the badge, I just didn't meet up at first.

Your response will highly be appreciated. 

Regards,

Ayomide.

Hi Freelancers,

I'm Victoria and i'm pleased to meet you all.

Please I want to ask a question about Top rated badge.

Last year I was very frequent on Upwork and had 96% JSS. I slacked for a while cause I was busy and my JSS moved from 96% to 86% and as a result I couldn't meet up to get a top rated badge.

Please how do I rise back so I can get the badge? and will upwork give a second opportunity to get a top rated badge after losing it for the first time?

Note: I never got the badge, I just didn't meet up at first.

Your response will highly be appreciated. 

Regards,

Victoria.

Here is a help article for Top Rated Badge. You will see the criteria you need to meet to obtain it.

Top Rated – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Hi Ayomide,

Of course, I would be happy to help! I'm sorry I missed it the first time. As of the moment, we're still fixing the issue regarding the "Skills" section of freelancers' profiles. We'll be updating this thread once we get a confirmation that it's fixed.

As for your Top Rated badge, yes you can earn it again. You just need to maintain a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress by looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

This means that, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ AJ
Upwork
f1ecd428
Community Member

Hi Ayomide! I think we are all having issues editing our skills. However I noticed, a few days ago, that I'm able to edit the skills on my specialized profiles but not on the general one. And it does have an influence on the job posts on my feed. Maybe try editing those? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths