🐈
» Forums » Support » United States Location Verification
Page options
3f13fe12
Community Member

United States Location Verification

Everytime I try and send a proposal for a job it ask for me to verify ID.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Latrice,

It looks like you're trying to apply to US-only job posts. In order to apply for these, you must verify your location. If you encounter any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

If you'd prefer not to verify your location at this time, that's ok! Switch the feed you're looking at to My Feed and you can search and apply to job posts that are Worldwide.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

483 REPLIES 483

Hi Hannah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bad468f0
Community Member

I cant seem to publish my profile. My phone number seems to be connected to another account that I dont have access to. How do I fix this?!

Hi Angelina,

I would be happy to help. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e1ff44a0
Community Member

Hi, I keep getting the following when applying to a new job and even if I tried to resend the code to my phone, I do not receive messages or calls:

Verify your phone number

Your confidential information is protected by our privacy policy .

We just sent a confirmation code to your phone. Resend code

Enter your 5-digit code

---------------------
IMPORTANT:
I've also done the following steps:
1. cleared all my history, cache, cookies and settings (all time)
2. I logged out and used different browsers and devices --- nothing worked

Hi Jovy,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9ef288d1
Community Member

Hello,

I am unable to verify my phone number. Once I enter my number, I receive an error message saying my number is already in use. 

I have tried to connecting with the support team by clicking Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page. I was unable to submit a support ticket, please advise. 

Hi Greace,

I would be happy to help. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
74bdf759
Community Member

I am having trouble adding a phone number to create my account, I would like to have a support ticket made to help me resolve this issue. It says it is already in use. I previously created an upwork account with an email that is no longer active, and can't sign in. 

Hi Myles,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ganeker
Community Member

Hello,

I would like a support ticket created regarding my inability to verify my identity. Whenever I click on a relevant job, I get the message "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.".

A previous suppor ticket was made to resolve this, however that was a while ago, and the link within it expired. I'd greatly appreciate assistance in resolving this matter.

Hi Savada,

I've shared your report directly with the team handling the review. They will surely review your case and assist you accordingly via email momentarily. Please don't hesitate to coordinate to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
31efc8a9
Community Member

I've been trying to apply to jobs for so long but I can't because it keeps asking me to verify my phone number. I thought I already did, and I have my ID verified. When I type my phone number in to get a code, I never get one. I just want to apply to jobs.

Hi Jenna,

~ Nikola
Upwork
d55e52e8
Community Member

I have seem several topics that are the same as this, but they are closed, so I need help.  I cannot move forward without this being fixed.

Send me 

Hi Peter,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
29cc0828
Community Member

Hi Kellie,

~ Nikola
Upwork
524487d3
Community Member

Hello. I have tried this multiple times, over multiple computers, over multiple months, and have not been able to receive the verification code to my mobile number to complete my profile. I would appreciate some assistance. Thank you!

Hi Hannah,

~ Nikola
Upwork
e98933f9
Community Member

I cannot apply for any jobs because I keep getting this message! Everytime I try and get help from the chat bot it won't let me speak to a real person and isn't helpful at all! It keeps sending me to the help forum page that doesn't tell me how to fix the issue and I have tried several times to issue a ticket. Please help!!

Hi Lillian,

~ Nikola
Upwork
adamkwan
Community Member

I'm getting an error message saying I've reached the maximum number of attempts to verify my ID. Can a support agent reach out to me regarding this?

Hi Adam,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
5a630284
Community Member

Hi,

I am new freelancer on upwork platform, I wont be available for 1-2 months, can i submit the documents for verification later when i am back, or how does it work?
or should i close my account and setup later?

Let me know

Thanks 
Ali

Hi Ali,

I can confirm that you do not need to close your account if you'll be submitting your verification documents at a later time. You can proceed with your verification once you're able to.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
alimusa1998
Community Member

I'm moving to US. How can i change my Profile from a Pakistani based account to US based account

Hi Ali,

If you're permanently moving to the U.S., you will need to update your location by going to Settings > Contact Info. Note that the team may notify you so you can verify it once you do.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you for getting back to me. In verification what will they ask or require me to present?

Hi Ali,

Thank you for your message. You can refer to this help page to learn about the required documents to verify your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork
707dea49
Community Member

Hey Everyone,

I'm a permanent US resident, though not a US citizen, and I've run into some challenges verifying my US location. I uploaded my original Slovak ID, followed by my permanent residency card for US location verification. It seems the lack of an exact address on the card may have led to its rejection. I then tried my bank statement, which clearly displays my full US address and legal name, but that too was rejected.

This verification process is taking days and becoming frustrating. Can someone from Upwork or the community assist?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Gustav,

I see that one of our team members has already reached out to you via a support ticket to notify you about the same. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your response. However, the support tickets I received pertain to Google certifications, not the location verification issue I've mentioned. Can you please guide me to the correct channel or person who can assist specifically with my location verification?

Thanks, Gustav F.

Hi Gustav,

I see that the verification you're referring to is still in progress. Kindly allow more time for the team to finish their review; you can rest assured that they'll notify you once it's completed or if any additional information is required.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
707dea49
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Thank you for getting back to me. However, I'd like to clarify that my location verification was not simply "in progress" but has actually been rejected. I received an email notification about the rejection earlier today.

Given the circumstances, could you please open up a support ticket specifically regarding this location verification issue, or direct me to the right channel to get this resolved efficiently?

Appreciate your assistance.

Best regards,

Gustav F.

Hi Gustav, 

I looked closely at your profile and confirmed that the team couldn't verify your location. However, they've also enabled your option to change your profile country or upload some extra documents to verify your locationYou can visit your Identity verification page from your Settings and complete the procedure by hitting the "Continue" button. Please see this screenshot for your reference.

~ Arjay
Upwork
707dea49
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for looking into this for me. As I've previously mentioned, I've already uploaded the two documents listed in your provided link: my Permanent Residency Card and a Bank Statement. Both were rejected.

Before I try any further, can you please clarify exactly why these documents were not accepted? If a bank statement isn't satisfactory, I'm unsure why other bills, like a phone bill, would be considered adequate.

We seem to be going in circles, and I would appreciate clear guidance on what exact changes are needed or what specific documents are required so I can quickly resolve this issue.

Thanks for your understanding and assistance.

- Gustav F.

1b7cad20
Community Member

I live in the Republic of Kosova and Upwork sent me an email to verify my location. Unfortunately, Kosova is not listed as a country so it makes it impossible to change the location! I am a citizen of Kosova and provided Upwork with my personal ID!

Please help me change my country info !!!!

Hi Bind,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
v_zubritskiy
Community Member

Hi. Due to the situation in my country, I found a way to move to the USA. I will recreate my account for US-only jobs when I move. Tell me, in order to apply to the US-only jobs, must my agency also be registered as a US-only? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths