🐈
» Forums » Support » United States Location Verification
Page options
3f13fe12
Community Member

United States Location Verification

Everytime I try and send a proposal for a job it ask for me to verify ID.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Latrice,

It looks like you're trying to apply to US-only job posts. In order to apply for these, you must verify your location. If you encounter any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

If you'd prefer not to verify your location at this time, that's ok! Switch the feed you're looking at to My Feed and you can search and apply to job posts that are Worldwide.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

483 REPLIES 483

Hi Vlad,

You do not need to recreate your account; remember that having multiple accounts isn't allowed, and it's a violation of our Terms of Service.

Once you move, you'll need to update your location under your Contact Info settings. Once you do this, you will be prompted to verify your location, allowing you to apply to US-only job posts. See this article for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I mean that I will change the information on the account when I arrive in the USA, not create a new account. My primary request is for my agency. It's registered in Ukraine, Can I bid to the US-only jobs from my freelance account on US-only jobs, if my agency is registered in the UA?

Hi Vlad,

I understand your concern. As mentioned by Luiggi, you can apply to US-only job posts after you move to the United States and verify your location. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
courtliza
Community Member

Hi all, I am looking for some help or advice. I've already tried to file a ticket, but the page isn't working for some reason. I received an hourly contract for a client I've been in contact with. I haven't used Upwork in a while, so maybe this is part of the reason, but when I try to accept the offer, I am told that I have exceeded the number of times you can upload your ID. I don't know how this is possible or how to fix this. I'm pretty frustrated, and any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Courtney,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties verifying your ID. I see that you've contacted our support team and raised a support ticket about your concern. Please allow our team time, and you will get an update on your ticket here once your account is thoroughly reviewed. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
krummarket
Community Member

When I am trying to apply for a job, it is saying that the link has expired.
Please help me with that, I did not find any answers.

Sincerely,
Roman

Hi Roman,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
98aed4a6
Community Member

Hello The problem is Verify the phone number, When I click apply for job it is taking me to verify my phone number, When I click send text or call I am getting error.  "Phone number already in use. Please, check it and try again. If you're still having problems, please contact support"   I believe this number has been using on upwork or had been used before.

arsalanmuhamma85
Community Member

Kindly help me to solve this issue.

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please provide more details about the issue that you're having?

~ AJ
Upwork
c2ad96d9
Community Member

Hello!
Please , could someone tell me what I have to do? I need to verify my location. The driver's license shows the old address. I attached various other pieces of evidence - such as bank statements, bills, envelopes with my name on them. All those documents/evidence that were indicated in the required list. Twice received notification - We were unable to verify the authenticity of the documents that you provided to confirm your location.  I don’t understand why, please gyus tell me what to do? What else needs to be done? Should I invite someone to my house for a cup of coffee and make sure that all I send is my address? Welcome!

I urgently need a job and have been trying to pass all these checks almost for a week now. To be honest, I don’t have enough nerves and I’m very upset about this. (Or are there lags that happen all the time? Since I see the mobile application often lags and crashes.)THANK YOU!  

Hi Ihar,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c2ad96d9
Community Member

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to it

47f5d996
Community Member

hi when i try to upload my license it says its an unsuppored file

i have converted to jpg,  its not blurry, and theres very little border. 

can you please assist? 

Hi Claire,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the verification process. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ee01f817
Community Member

Hello UW,

UW has just asked me to verify my location. My physical location is Australia, however I have clients across the US. My C-Corp is registered in Delaware and holds a valid EIN. I am employed by my C-Crop and hold an ITIN. My C Corp contracts US staff. 

As there was no way to clarify this vial normal uploads, I sent an email which I have had no response. 

How do I resolve your issue?

Hi Wayne,

I want to check this for you. Can you please confirm if you used this account that you're using to post here in the community to send the email?

~ Joanne
Upwork
ee01f817
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Yes, this is the account for which I have been asked to confirm my location. For confirmation, I have attached the company formation and corporate by-laws, as well as confirmation from the USA IRS of the company EIN and my personal ITIN. 

Regards,

Wayne

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thanks for following up here, Wayne. I can see that you already submitted a support ticket to our team and have attached the documents as proof. Please allow time for our team to review the documents you've submitted. Someone from the team will update you directly on the same ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
355c4f0b
Community Member

Hello,

I'm French but I live in Miami florida, and it's impossible to upload my driver licence to justify. Can you unblock my situation? thanks.

Error location.png

Hi Teddy, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to help. Could you please double-check if you added all the information on the screens you shared? Once you add all the information to the screen you shared the Continue button should become green and you can process with verification. 

You may want to scroll to the bottom of the Upload documents screen to check if any info is missing. Here is a screenshot for reference. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
355c4f0b
Community Member

Hello, 

Thanks for your message.

Yes I did, I think my issue is that, I'm french so I put my french passport but I live in the US with an E2 visa that allow me to work in the US.

So I think the page wants me to put a french location...

Can you restart the process and I will try to put my Visa instead of my passport in the identity phase?

Hi Teddy,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2f5d716e
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message. I've tried it multiple times. I also see that this is a common issue. It looks like it requires an agent to reach out to each individual member. Wouldn't it make more sense to open up a means of chatting with an agent? I've been unable to reach an agent. I can't even get passed the support bot. When I visit the forum and go into a previous post referencing the same problem, I see that it's locked and replies are turned off. So I have to create a new post just to get around an old problem. Have someone reach out to me I guess. Thanks in advance. 

Hi John,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
507abc18
Community Member

Help! I can't apply for a job. I have a verified ID and completed my profile but the button to any for any job is greyed out.

Hi Brienna,

We have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a_boghaert
Community Member

I'm trying to accept a proposal but at the bottom it says "You’ve reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support." However I don't even have the option to upload my ID. I have not gotten anywhere with chat. Stuck ... please help! 

Hi Ali,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance on your ID verification. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
5342b11e
Community Member

I have my i-1551 Green card stamp in my passport pending when i receive the physical green card. i have applied for state ID and i already have my SSN.

How do i send in my documents manually so i can start working???

Your profile already active, you can start right now.

NO it is not!

i cannot apply for any jobs

Hi Toby,

Thank you for reaching out. You should be able to submit your document by clicking "Continue" on the Identity Verification page. Are you having trouble with the system? 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5342b11e
Community Member

I cannot make the Submission Luiggi. it won't let me. It appears i need to make a manual submission, help me with this please.

Thanks for letting me know, Toby. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
devalexharrison
Community Member

I have verified my identity using US permanent residency (us government document) and yet my account still does not give me the location option to set for US. Since there is no way to contact any support, I am posting here with the hopes that someone will reach out and manually review my documents so that I can work. 

Hi Ornrumpa,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
cbee6332
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to set my upwork account and it tells me my phone number is being used by another account. I have not made any upwork accounts that I know of. I'm unable to reach upwork representatives either. Please I need assistance on this issue.

Hi Salamot,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
56fb05c4
Community Member

Hi,

I am from the UK and have permanent residence in the USA. I am trying to verify my identity but the scanner does not correctly pick up the back of the residence card. It scans the front without any issues. I do not want to scan my passport or UK Id card as the information on those does not match my Upwork account since I no longer live in the UK. 

Please provide a link to contact support and verify my account. 

Thanks 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths