🐈
» Forums » Support » United States Location Verification
Page options
3f13fe12
Community Member

United States Location Verification

Everytime I try and send a proposal for a job it ask for me to verify ID.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Latrice,

It looks like you're trying to apply to US-only job posts. In order to apply for these, you must verify your location. If you encounter any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

If you'd prefer not to verify your location at this time, that's ok! Switch the feed you're looking at to My Feed and you can search and apply to job posts that are Worldwide.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

483 REPLIES 483
2a68aef4
Community Member

Many thanks, that worked and I'm all set now!

b290275c
Community Member

Good afternoon,

I am new here and tried to upload my ID. I was only given one try and it immediately failed. It also stated that I maxed my multiple attempts although I only did it once. I submitted last Friday on the 9th and have yet gotten a response or update although a 24-48 hour response time is promised. I have also emailed and put in a ticket for this. This is getting a little frustrating. Can anyone help with this?

Hi Jasmine,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. One of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a60935f0
Community Member

I was prompted in the app to verify my ID then it went away and I could submit proposals.

Now I only receive the prompt to verify my ID again but when I click verify ID it just disappears.

So how do I upload my ID??????

Had to use the website. Hope that helps someone else.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David, 

I checked your account and it looks like you were able to verify your profile. Are you seeing any request to verify your account?

~ Avery
Upwork
9dc51dce
Community Member

I created a new service provider account and the website asked me to upload my ID, which I did. It rejected my ID and said I woul hear from support. Never did. Now it says I have exceeded my maximum tries (I only tried once!) and I should contact support. But all I get in support is the bot that connects me to an artice about how to upload my ID--which I can't do, since the system now thinks I've exceeded maximum tries.

Can anyone help me out? My ID matches my name exactly so I'm totally legitimate. Just need the system to let me upload my passport or state ID and verify it properly. 

Hi Akash,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I have the same issue and was confused on how I exceeded the max tries. I am on the community page to try and fix my issue as well. 

Hi Rachel,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of having difficulty verifying your ID. I can see that you've reached out to the relevant team with the same concern and a support ticket has been set up. I have submitted a follow to the team. please allow them time to further review and an update should be provided on the same ticket momentarily.

~ Arjay
Upwork
097cd53b
Community Member

Thank you, I was sent instructions on how to redo it. I will check again tomorrow to see its progress. 

ddc34838
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

I just tried to upload my driver license, but it says "Unable to verify that". What can I do for now?

Hi Bradley,

I've shared your concern about completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
966eea06
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

This is James and I'm new to upwork. I have just uploaded my Driver License to verify my location, but Upwork says they could not authenticate the ID.

What should I do? Could you please take a look?

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties verifying your location. Since you received a notification from Upwork about the status of your verification, feel free to respond to the email if you need further assistance and the team will surely look into that accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
102f70b7
Community Member

Hi,

I tried to verify the location with a copy of my Driver License.  But it failed and I am still not able to send the proposal.

Let me know how to resolve this issue. 

Thank you, 

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, 

How can I resolve this issue? I can't access my support tickets. 

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

You should have also received an email notification of the ticket. By replying to the email you'll be able to update the ticket and reach the team.

~Andrea
Upwork
966eea06
Community Member

I'm sorry, but I didn't receive the email notification of the ticket. Should I create a new topic to get the ticket?

Please let me know. 

James 

Hi James,

Thank you for following up and apologies for the delay. I followed up with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You should see it on that page soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
71a0f034
Community Member

I tried to submit a proposal for a posting today. I was asked to upload my ID for verification and, after one attempt, the error message said: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

I have a legitimate driver's license, so I'm not sure what the problem was. When I contacted customer support, I got a bot and couldn't get through to anyone to find out what to do next. What are my next steps?

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
89b5b8fd
Community Member

I have tried to upload my id once, but getting this issue "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs". Please take a  look at my screenshot. Let me know what I have to do.

Hi Richard,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble completing the verification process. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f4538c12
Community Member

Hi,

I submitted my DL to verify my location and it was not successful. I received an email that they couldn't authenticate the ID I uploaded. How can I resolve this issue?

Best,

Michael.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f4538c12
Community Member

Hi Nikola, I visitied that page but no tickets there.

Michael.

2fe37543
Community Member

"We were unable to authenticate your ID" - I uploaded a copy of my DL for location verification but it failed. 

Let me know what I should do to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
3bdf3b37
Community Member

I am getting this below notification. Please let me know how to contact ur team to resolve the same.

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support

Thanks in Advance.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sakthi, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Community Member

Hello I do love to change my location to USA. I just moved to Texas last month and have been having problem changing my location from Nigeria to USA Please I need help

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hello thanks for replying to my request.

I just click the link you said I should click on and all I'm getting is the request as been moved I don't know what that means but how do I contact a direct representative and chat with to help me out. Pls I really need to change this my location pls

Hi Deborah,

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. 

Could you please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and see if the error persists when trying to access the ticket?

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. Kindly allow our team time to review your case and we highly suggest you coordinate with the team through the same ticket here for further assistance. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
fac0e163
Community Member

Hi Everyone!

I have trouble sending the proposal because my DL verification failed.

Let me know how to solve this problem.

Andrew

Hi Andrew, Try again , or you can upload passort copy as a proof of ID .

Please send me the link to upload the ID again.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths