🐈
» Forums » Support » United States Location Verification
Page options
3f13fe12
Community Member

United States Location Verification

Everytime I try and send a proposal for a job it ask for me to verify ID.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Latrice,

It looks like you're trying to apply to US-only job posts. In order to apply for these, you must verify your location. If you encounter any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

If you'd prefer not to verify your location at this time, that's ok! Switch the feed you're looking at to My Feed and you can search and apply to job posts that are Worldwide.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

483 REPLIES 483

Hi Camile,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of having difficulties verifying your ID. However, I can see that the team handling your case has reached out with more details and instructions on how you can complete the process. You may want to check here and your email for these updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c0594b4e
Community Member

Hello

I linked my Google account which still kept my maiden name active. I did not realize this until I tried uploading my ID and it didnt match with the name. So I went ahead and updated my Google account and my Upwork account to my married name. Now with it updated, it still wont accept my ID. I am eager to start working on projects and I would like to not have to wait around for so long. It is frustrating not having someone to reach out to and chat about this specifically. Please help me resolve this in a timely manner. Blessings!

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erika,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
065e1138
Community Member

Hello, I've been trying to upload my license to Upwork to verify my identity for a job. For whatever reason, Upwork is telling me that the name on my ID does not match my name on Upwork (it does). I have reached the maximum attempts for verification.

The only thing I can think of is that my middle name is confusing the bot reading my ID, however there is no option to write my middle name on upwork that I could find. Does anyone have any experience with this frustrating issue? What worked for you?

Thanks.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eduardo,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
78537ac7
Community Member

I was given only one attempt to upload my ID for verification, and my attempt failed. I've tried resolving the solution through the chatbot, but it doesn't fix the issue. There isn't an option to re-upload my ID. I have found a link to do it, but it takes me to the page and then quickly disappears saying that it doesn't exist. 

I have no idea what to do.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marissa,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
eb48fca9
Community Member

I have the same problem. It's been 2 weeks and I have a support ticket open. I haven't received one reply from support about getting my ID Verified. Why such a slow response to support issues?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert,

I've followed up with the team handling your support ticket, you should expect to receive a reply soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
760ea20b
Community Member

Hello, upwork required me to submit a verification. I attempted to use my state ID however, it was denied and I am now out of attempts. It is current and the picture is clear and shows all 4 corners of the id. I'm unsure of what the issue is and I'm unable to make anymore attempts. 

Hi Zoey,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties verifying your ID. I can confirm that your case has been forwarded to the appropriate team and a support ticket has been set up. Please allow our team time to review and you should be getting an update with further assistance on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
noah1
Community Member

I uploaded an expired ID by accident and now it won't let me try to upload the correct one.

Hi Noah,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
542dd1a1
Community Member

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for your message. You can use your Driver's license as long as it is valid and issued in the same country listed on your Upwork account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
988fab86
Community Member

Tried and failed to submit my driver's license photo three times.  Got this message: You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Customer service failed to provide a solution.  I am trying to upload my ID so I can get some jobs but I can't even do that.  Please help.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

I have asked for help from the Customer Support Team, who will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
frankles12
Community Member

I have had my ID verified in the past and even have my verification badge however recently I was asked to upload my ID for verification again. Upon doing so it failed and stated I have tried too many times, putting a hold on my account. I am now no longer able to submit proposals to clients and this is really hurting my freelance work. What can I do to get this hold lifted from my account so I can start reaching out to clients again?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Franklin, 

I would like to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us to confirm that a user's identity is legitimate, and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

While you were able to verify your account for the ID-Verification Badge, the request that you received is for Location Verification for US-only jobs, which is a separate process. Although it may seem that the processes are the same, they are for different purposes. On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. You may read more about it in Section 1.6 Identity and Location Verification of the Upwork User Agreement.

I checked your account, and it looks like you were able to successfully verify your account for this verification request. If you need further help with anything, please let us know and our team will be happy to help you.

~ Avery
Upwork
a88eb559
Community Member

Whenever I try to contact someone to submit a big I get a message stating "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID." This happened when I was trying to upload my drivers license. For some reason upwork did not like it. I noticed the edges were not very clear so I rescanned it and attempted to upload it and I keep getting that message. I have contacted support about 24 hrs ago but have not heard from anyone. Can anyone please help me with this?  Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diane, 

It sounds like you're trying to verify your location. I have asked for help from the Customer Support Team, who will contact you directly to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
a88eb559
Community Member

Thank you!

cad7e45f
Community Member

I am trying to verify my phone number in order to finish setting up my account but it is not sending the verification code to my phone. I have tried sending it about ten times but still nothing.

Hi Karin,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
barnett-kayla
Community Member

I'm also having issues with this. The page to submit a request for help is also blank so I'm not sure who to contact or how to move foward to get verified. 

Hi Kayla,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
53d6e510
Community Member

Hello,

I have been having trouble with the identity verifcation process. When I submit my photo and give them my name, after going through the cross referencing scan, they deem that the name I give them does not match the one on my ID. So at first i'm thinking that perhaps it's because I took a lower quality photo, but even after taking a better one, I am met with the same problem repeatedly until I could no longer attempt it anymore. Would really like to make money on Upwork, any help please?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Nicklas,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
54e9e2a0
Community Member

Hi! I put in my driver's license ID and it apparently failed to go through. I put my current address in instead of the old one on the card if that was the problem. But I cannot re upload or it won't let me do anything else. Does anyone know what I can do? The Get Support only sends me back.

Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebekah, 

A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
b1c5d471
Community Member

I submitted my DL for location verification but failed. it's saying they can't analyze my DL. What's the matter? I used my DL on the other platforms and it worked fine without any issues. Could you resolve this issue and resume my account? Thanks

Please help me to resolve this issue today?

Robert, remove your DL from here. Can be used by scammer. You can send it to Upwork representative directly.

Could you let me know when you can resume my account? I need to use my Upwork account asap. thanks.

I cannot. But moderators\Upwork team read it too, someone will help you soon.

I removed the DL here. I hope them to resovle the issue soon as I need to use my Upwork account today.

Hi Robert,

I have escalated your concern to the relevant team and one of the members will assist you further via a support ticket. You can access the ticket and coordinate with the team here once your case has been fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b1c5d471
Community Member

Okay, thanks.

2a68aef4
Community Member

Hi... I'm new to Upwork.  When I click to submit a proposal, I'm taken to a screen that says Verify your ID.   I click the link Verify your ID & it takes me back to the job description page.    Where do I upload my ID?   I don't see a link in my settings for Identity Verification in order to upload. 

Hi Karen,

Could you please log into your account and access this page? You may also want to try this after clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser. If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths