🐈
» Forums » Support » Unsupported file type ID verification
Page options
f2cc6986
Community Member

Unsupported file type ID verification

I'm having a problem uploading my ID verification. No matter what jpeg I try neither my passport nor my license work. I keep getting this message: 

We had some trouble verifying your ID

It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID. Please try again with one of the following supported types.

If you don't have a supported ID type, please contact us .

I don't feel comfortable uploading those pictures here on this public forum, so I need someone from your staff to reach out to me directly. Thanks for any help!

13 REPLIES 13
NikolaS

Hi Maryangela,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
61006f76
Community Member

Hello! Im having the Same problem, it says that i have an unsopported ID type, can you help me? Im from Colombia 

Hi Isabela,

I got a confirmation from the team handling the review and they confirmed that you need to resubmit your ID. The acceptable forms of ID vary by country and will be listed on the form. Please check this help article for the documents required when submitting your Government ID for review.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e97f2a47
Community Member

same error getting
im from india and i uploaded my aadhaar card
please help!

53dcda30
Community Member

hello 
I am having the same problem 

Hi Zaid,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie!

I'm having the same problem, can you help me? 

I have an active contract and a message appears that I will only get new contracts after activating the identity (limit 01/01/24). 😓

Thank you

Hi Yasmin,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties verifying your ID. Please know that If the system rejects your ID, the submission is denied. Kindly consider submitting another alternate valid government-issued ID. You may check the email sent by the team or this help article for more information about acceptable documents and best practices when submitting your ID for approval.

Once you are ready to resubmit, access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab to continue. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
domanwa
Community Member

Hi guys. I'm from Kenya and I'm having a similar issue. Kindly assist

ae310fb0
Community Member

Hi Anvar,

I can see that the documents you submitted are still under review. Please allow 1-3 business days for the review to be completed; the team will notify you directly if there's anything else you need to do. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b27a79e0
Community Member

Hi, I am facing the same issue with my passport

Update: It worked

After review it failed again, I tried uploading a new picture of my passport x3 times and still getting rejected.

Thank you in advance for your support

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths