🐈
» Forums » Support » Urgent Query - Upwork Account Suspended After...
Page options
145af60c
Community Member

Urgent Query - Upwork Account Suspended After Selling Prebuilt Website and Domain

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I recently encountered a concerning situation on Upwork, and I'm hoping some of you might have some insights or advice to share.

Here's what happened: I've been using Upwork as a freelancer for some time now, offering various services to clients. Recently, I received a job invitation from a client who was interested in purchasing a prebuilt website, complete with a domain name and AdSense account. I wasn't fully aware of Upwork's Terms of Service regarding such transactions, as I've come across conflicting information on the platform itself and through various articles online. Some sources indicate that selling prebuilt websites with domain names is allowed, while others suggest it's not permitted.

Due to the confusion, I proceeded with the transaction and sold the website to the client. Unfortunately, my Upwork account was suspended shortly after the sale. I understand that having multiple accounts on Upwork is against their policy, and I would like to clarify that I haven't engaged in any illegal activities from my original account. My intention was solely to provide a service to a client who had shown interest in purchasing the website.

I've been trying to reach out to Upwork support for the past four days by submitting tickets, but I'm experiencing difficulty in getting a clear response. To my frustration, my tickets have been marked as solved without any resolution or explanation. I genuinely believe that my actions were not meant to violate any rules, and I'd like to appeal the suspension of my account.

Has anyone here faced a similar situation or have any advice on how to proceed? I'd greatly appreciate any insights, experiences, or suggestions you can share. It's important for me to clarify this situation and hopefully reinstate my Upwork account, as freelancing is a significant source of income for me.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

7 REPLIES 7
alyssacarr

Hi Fuqran,

We’re taking the issue you raised seriously. We understand how frustrating it can be when things don't work as expected, so we've gone ahead and converted your post to a support ticket. This means that one of our knowledgeable agents will be in touch with you shortly to provide the help you need. We appreciate you reaching out to us and sharing your concerns with the community.

~ Alyssa

Thank you Alyssa C.
But they have not responded to this ticket yet.

Hello Furqan, I have followed up with the appropriate department and they will reach out to you within 24 to 48 hours.

~ Muhammad

Thank you Muhammad M.
Hope so they will reach out.

and here is the article that is saying that i can sell website on upwork.
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Support-Forum/Selling-a-website-through-Upwork/td-p/1068873

Dont trust that bot. You can see there that no word about site selling. Just template about payments.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths