🐈
» Forums » Support » We were unable to process your proposal due t...
Page options
cd84e06b
Community Member

We were unable to process your proposal due to missing address information. Add your full address.

Hi,

When I am trying to submit my first proposal I am receiving the following error message:

Sorry, we were unable to save your application.

We were unable to process your proposal due to missing address information. Add your full address.

However my address is full submited.

Thanks in Advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All, 

Recently our engineers released a fix for this issue and you should not be getting the errors reported here when submitting proposals. If you still receive an error, please let us know. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Update: since we haven't gotten any new reports, we'll consider this issues fixed and will be closing this thread. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

192 REPLIES 192

Hi there! I am also experiencing the same issue about this message:

Unable to submit proposal please update address.

I'm excited to submit a proposal but can't. I read the possible solutions and tried it. Updated may tax information and completed my details. Used a different browser. Cleared caches and cookies. Still same. Please help.

0957b5de
Community Member

Hello Andrea, I am experiencing this same issue. 

Aferter adding all the requested info, changing navigator, and cleaning cache, the problem remains.

Hi Stiven,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I've tried all the suggested solutions. Please help. Thanks! 

Hi Martin,

I'm sorry to hear you've also experienced the same problem. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f971762c
Community Member

Hello Andrea, 
I am having this same issue. 
I have reset my cookies, cached data, and updated my address and identification in the tax information section of my settings, and am still receiving this issue. I am not able to submit proposals at this time. How do you recommend I proceed?

c7ea0699
Community Member

Hello,

I am experiencing this same issue. I have updated my address in Contact Info and Tax Information, and I've completed my W9 info. I have further cleared my browser cache (Edge) and started a new browsing session (still Edge), and the problem persists. Please advise. 

Seth 

Hello Upwork,

I tried to submit my first proposal today but received this message instead:

I see several identical questions to mine, going back years, so I'm hopeful this can be fixed. However, I've tried several of those solutions--adding my address in general info and in tax info, submitting my W9, clearing my browser cache, trying a different browser--and nothing has worked. 

Please advise. 

Thank you.

Seth

Hi Seth,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties submitting proposals. I have shared your report with the team and one of the members will be in touch via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page and your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
854a6dde
Community Member

Hi, I have been having this same issue for days. I have submitted 2 tickets and heard nothing back. Please attend to this issue promptly.  Thanks!

fa8f3d2a
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I have logged in and out. **bleep** it down and re opened it.  Adjusted address location several times etc etc. I cannot send or accept any proposals... Why??? 

Am I ever going to get to actually do some work? 

Hi Breanna,

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. Can you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of the error message so that we can review and assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
54918fe7
Community Member

Hello Upwork,
I'm currently experiencing same problem. Upon submission of proposal the issue prompts. I've done Andrea G's solution but it gives me the same error message.

Thanks

Hi Darwin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
e3cb4938
Community Member

Dear Upwork team, I am also facing the same issue. While submitting a proposal, I see "We were unable to process your proposal due to missing address information. Add your full address." message.

I have already added my address yesterday on Tax Information page but no luck. Since I'm new, I'm not sure how to create a ticket for this. Would highly appreciate your support if you can help fix this error.

Thanks!

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Apurva,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
e3cb4938
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for responding! I tried in my 2nd laptop. No success. I have even received an email from Upwork that "Your Tax ID number has been verified on Upwork" meaning my address and other required information is added successfully. 

Not sure why this error persists. I fill up the proposals by writing personalised, descriptive cover letters and in the end that error message is what I receive. I feel that I am missing some great opportunites. 😞

Your help will be highly appreciated! 🙏

Hi Apurva,

Thank you for following up and I'm sorry to hear the issue persisted. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hi - I am also having this same issue. I have added all of the required tax information. Could someone please open a ticket on my behalf? Thanks!

Hello there!! Likewise, having issues myself with the same error! 

83a531bb
Community Member

Same Here

Hello, I'm new 

I try to upload a proposal, but when I click to submit a proposal, it always appears "to submit a proposal, update your address," and I have already done it a thousand times 😞 

Please, help me 

492536b1
Community Member

Hi - I am also having this same issue. I have added all of the required tax information. Could someone please open a ticket on my behalf? Thanks!

Hi Deepak,

I can confirm that your address has been added to your account so this should not be the case. Can you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Let me know if the issue persists and if you can provide screenshots of the error from your end, that would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ac31c6d5
Community Member

Hello Upwork. Same issue here.
I created new account just now and then sent first proposal.
How to solve this problem?

Hi Zhang,

Could you please retry again after clearing your cache and cookies? You may also try using a different browser. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
46fb8cb5
Community Member

Hello Upwork. Same issue here. I'm getting the same message. I've cleared my cache, added address to all applicable places on the site and no luck submitting propsals. Can you please help?

Hi KC,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and trouble this may have caused you. I'll have one of the team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your concern. You can access your ticket on this page and don't hesitate to communicate if you have questions.

~ Arjay
Upwork
92253a9d
Community Member

Hello,

I am also having the same issue. I tried all the solutions in this thread. How can I get this fixed?

-Naomi 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Naomi,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ef5301a0
Community Member

I have same issue please solve it

71f11d7b
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,
Same issue for me. I did everything possible, like changing the browser, deleting cache and cookies and I added the address info everywhere. Please help!

Same here, please help me

8751b353
Community Member

I am getting an error message as well,  but it has to do with my address.  It reads "Sorry, we were unable to save your application. We were unable to process your proposal due to missing address information. Add your full address."  I did reach out to support yesterday, but have not heard back yet.  Thank you.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christine,

Please know our team's response time is 24-48 hours, rest assured they will update you as soon as possible. Also, please refrain from submitting multiple proposals since this may delay the team's reply further.

~Andrea
Upwork

I keep getting this message when I attempt to submit a proposal. I did send a message yesterday, but have not heard back yet. If someone can reach out to me, I would appreciate it. "Sorry, we were unable to save your application. We were unable to process your proposal due to missing address information. Add your full address."

49358a49
Community Member

Hi Upwork, 

I am having the same issue. I have cleared my browser's (Chrome) cache and updated my address in Tax Information but am getting the exact same error. I do not have access to a different browser at this time. Please advise. 

Thanks! 

Hi Grant and Others,

Can you please try to use a different browser (cache and cookies cleared) and see if the issue persists? If so, kindly send us a screenshot of the error from your end so that we can take a closer look and assist you accordingly. We look forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e45c83ba
Community Member

Hi, I cant submit proposal too.

I have set full address in my profile and tax information both.
Please help me soon.

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths