🐈
» Forums » Support » Why did the action for the Available Badge fo...
Page options
tritran_dave
Community Member

Why did the action for the Available Badge for now happen and waste my connects several times a week

Hi

I have one problem related to connects.

I can see the action for the Available Badge for now happened several times within this week.

Does this action only happen in this week and only from my side?

Or it's just wrong of upwork?

https://prnt.sc/YYuVMWgaRPV0

https://prnt.sc/wwPIGC_LAft_

If no above all, let me know why I should see this.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jhoana2018

Hello Tri,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I completely understand how important it is to address your concern about Connects, I'll be more than happy to help you.  Upon checking, the Connects are for your availability badge:

https://url.upwork.com/_01J0ivUyhQTTCj_cADxJdN9-NTsi5Je7jG

The cost of the badge is paid out over the course of the week as long as it is turned on. Here are some cost examples: 

• If the badge costs 7 Connects, 1 Connect will be deducted from your balance every 24 hours. 
  • If the badge costs 3 Connects, 1 Connect will be deducted from your balance every 56 hours.
  • If the badge costs 3 Connects per week but the price changes to 7 Connects (within your maximum) 2 hours later, you will be charged 1 Connect when you first turned on the badge and then charged an additional 1 Connect in 22 hours. 

Kindly note that the badge price may change at any time, but will not change more than once a week.  The Connects are deducted from your account automatically when the price changes, but you will always be notified and never charged more than the maximum you set.

You may click this help article Availability Badge for your reference.

I hope this helps.  Please feel free to reach back if you have further queries.

~ Joan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jhoana2018

Hello Tri,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I completely understand how important it is to address your concern about Connects, I'll be more than happy to help you.  Upon checking, the Connects are for your availability badge:

https://url.upwork.com/_01J0ivUyhQTTCj_cADxJdN9-NTsi5Je7jG

The cost of the badge is paid out over the course of the week as long as it is turned on. Here are some cost examples: 

• If the badge costs 7 Connects, 1 Connect will be deducted from your balance every 24 hours. 
  • If the badge costs 3 Connects, 1 Connect will be deducted from your balance every 56 hours.
  • If the badge costs 3 Connects per week but the price changes to 7 Connects (within your maximum) 2 hours later, you will be charged 1 Connect when you first turned on the badge and then charged an additional 1 Connect in 22 hours. 

Kindly note that the badge price may change at any time, but will not change more than once a week.  The Connects are deducted from your account automatically when the price changes, but you will always be notified and never charged more than the maximum you set.

You may click this help article Availability Badge for your reference.

I hope this helps.  Please feel free to reach back if you have further queries.

~ Joan

Dear Joan

Thanks for your kindly reply.

So you mean the badge cost paid during the week.

I saw and understood its cost paid at once when I turn on or change.
Btw, even though you are right, my connects didn't wasted everyday.
In my case, I set the 7 connects for badge, so it should paid one connect per day in a week.

Would you make me more clear or am I still wrong?

Regards

Hello Tri! Yes, that's correct. If you turn on the Availability Badge, you will be asked how many Connects you would like to spend for a week, but you will not be charged all at once.  

The weekly price of the badge may fluctuate, but you control how your Connects are used, so you determine the maximum number you'd like to spend in a week. If the badge costs 7 Connects, 1 Connect will be deducted from your balance every 24 hours to add up to 7 Connects for the week. If you turn it off before the 7 Connects are consumed, you will no longer be deducted any Connects.  

Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions.  

~ Ruth

Thanks @Ruth S
I am happy with your answer.
Have a nice day.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths