🐈
» Forums » Support » Why my all proposals got withdrawn for temp a...
Page options
singhdeep92
Community Member

Why my all proposals got withdrawn for temp account suspension?

Recently,  My Upwork account is temporarliy suspended again (3rd time) due to profile logged in from multiple devices. Almost 150 Proposals from my Upwork profile is withdrawn automatically because of this temp suspensions which make me loss of approx. 1000 USD.

I want to tell the Upwork support and other managment peoples that when we (Freelancers) get engaged with the Agencies account, we need to share the profiles detailes with other junior developer or our collegue developers to get the work done over the Upwork Hourly trackers. No, all clients are not willing to hire different peoples for small 1 pages websites where 2-3 different skills are always required. 

Even, I'm personally logged in from 4-5 different devices from my home and office computers. Im veryfying all logins with Authenticator app. 

Kindly help us resolve this Proposal withdrawn issue so it doesn't make another loss for me. 

6 REPLIES 6
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You're not allowed to share your login details with anyone or let anyone else log into your account, and you're the only person who's allowed to track time using your account. You're lucky that you weren't permanently banned instead of just suspended, but if you keep doing it, you may not be so lucky the next time.

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

Hi Gagan, i think you are missing one point. It is clearly stated and forbidden to : 

* Let someone else to log into your account for whatever reason

* Log time for work done by someone other than you on hourly contracts

It may not make sense to you, but these are the rules. If you need to have a team working on a project and the client doesn't want to hire multiple people as its yet another complexity in the deal, then you have to get those contracts in fixed price format, you can calculate your team hours and charge them to your client under new milestones.

Hourly contracts have "payment protection" which some of us don't like enough but it's like an insurance policy. So just like some type of insurances won't cover accidents when someone else is driving your car, upwork won't allow you to charge for someone elses work.

So all in all, you are not banned for logging into an account from multiple devices, you are banned for letting your team members use your account and log hours on your account for some work that you didnt personally do. 

lysis10
Community Member

dang three times caught logging into other peoples account and logging hours? Is this not a big deal anymore too? Or are you perma'd?

ArjayM

Hi Gagan,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information about the status of your account and further assistance on how to clear the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hey Arjay M,

Thank you for converting it into a ticket. 

However, this case is related to one of my collegue developer who's working under my Upwork Agency. The name of the freelance is Rajan Kumar. 

Kindly give us the solution of withdrawn proposals on tempory account suspension. We have invested lot of money over buying connects and making bids over the new projects. 

Thank you.

Hi Gagan,

I checked our account and saw that one of our agents has replied to your message. You may check this ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths