🐈
» Forums » Support » Why my project is not being approved.
Page options
hemayet_mondol
Community Member

Why my project is not being approved.

hello I have problem I have created a project but my project is not being approved. I don't understand why my project is not being approved. I would have benefited if you had pointed out my mistakes. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad and Hemayet, 

I'm sorry to hear about your projects being rejected. Please refer to the email that our team has sent you for suggestions on how to improve your projects before resubmission of them. 

You’ll want to make sure your project is attractive to clients and catches their eye. Here are some best practices to create a professional project:

• Highlight your project in simple, jargon-free language.
  • Choose professional images that speak to your work. (Don’t have great images of your work? Check out websites like www.unsplash.com that offer free, high-quality images you can use. Be sure to make sure you have permission to use.) 
  • Proofread your work so there are no typos.
  • Don’t use click bait, text-heavy graphics, or the Upwork logo/badge.

To learn more about Project Catalog, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

NOTICE:

We are currently receiving more projects for review than usual. Please allow us longer than usual to review your project.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

418 REPLIES 418
09638c16
Community Member

09638c16_0-1663591998499.png

My project has been revised for 2 weeks, but no response. what do I need to do?

Read ticket\eml, apply changes required, submit again.

mehmood700
Community Member

Hi, I want to know about the project catalog algorithm. Because due to it my account was suspended twice but now recover. But now I don't want to take risks. I want to create a project catalog with proper guidelines. Anybody can help me? Thanks

Hi Mehmood,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with your previous projects. You can check this help article to learn more about how your Project Catalog is reviewed. In addition, you can check out this page for tips on improving your Project Catalog listings. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
484ee9db
Community Member

Someone help me out, please.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for your message. It looks like your Project needs some changes before we publish it. Please review your Project to remove inappropriate content and resubmit when you are done.

Thank  you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d0d7521d
Community Member

How much time is get under review?

Hi Emran,

When you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn’t violate our Terms of Service. Please note that it can normally take up to five business days for your project to be reviewed.

That said, our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review the project you've submitted in case it goes over the regular time frame. Should any modifications be needed, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit your project for approval. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
208891aa
Community Member

Hello,
My gig status (seo keyword research ) is still pending, its almost 24 hours past. 
How much time will it take to approve?

Should I create another one gig? Is it a new function on UpWork? Is it available for the clients?
How the client came to know that this gig is published or available? How can he search?

Thanks
Kami

eb407f54
Community Member

My project is not aprroved yet, its been 3 4 days

sunny342khan369
Community Member

My project catalog of SKIP TRACING service is not approving. However, other freelancers have this service catalog, but mine is not approving. Upwork emails states that this service is not supported or allowed on Upwork, but why mine, others have these kinds of catalogs. I am attaching a screenshot of freelancers having project catalog.

Hi sanaullah,

I'm sorry to hear about your projects being rejected. Please refer to the email that our team has sent you for suggestions on how to improve your projects before resubmission of them. 

You’ll want to make sure your project is attractive to clients and catches their eye. Here are some best practices to create a professional project:

• Choose professional images that speak to your work. (Don’t have great images of your work? Check out websites like www.unsplash.com that offer free, high-quality images you can use. Be sure to make sure you have permission to use.) 

~ AJ
Upwork
8843ad71
Community Member

Hello everyone. Would any Upwork expert or moderator be able to check my product catalog? I created Hgh pixel images 4000x3000 and wrote a proper description. However, my project catalog is not being approved. According to them, my image contains a grammar mistake. However, everything is fine. 

It would be greatly appreciated if you could help

Best Regards 
Rukhsana Ali

Hi Rukshana,

I'm sorry to hear about your project not being approved yet. Please refer to the email that our team has sent you for suggestions on how to improve your projects before resubmission of them. 

~ AJ
Upwork
774c535d
Community Member

Greetings,

I created my first project catalog and submitted it for Upwork review after 5 days, I got a revision call but I didn't understand how to do this change in my project catalog.

What I have received: 

Asking for advance/partial payment

The client can't edit the amount or release a partial payment while the Project Catalog contract is ongoing. The client can only release partial payment and request a refund of the remaining funds in escrow upon end of contract.

For project approval process, please click here You may edit and resubmit your project by clicking the button below.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Thank you 

Best Regards,

Muhammad Ali Haider

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
46a62017
Community Member

hello, I have a problem I have created a project but my project is not being approved. I don't understand why my project is not being approved. I would have benefited if you had pointed out my mistakes. Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry for this delay in your project's approval. Our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review the project you've submitted. Should any modifications are needed, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit your project for approval. We would appreciate your patience and understanding while we sort this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
569547bf
Community Member

Hi there,

It's been around 2 weeks since I submitted my project for review, but I haven't received approval yet. I had submitted it before and received some corrections, which I have since addressed. Could you please assist me in resolving this issue? Thank you for your help.

Hello Israel A,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing delays in receiving approval for your project on Upwork. It's important to note that the review process can take some time, and there may be factors that are outside of your control.

In this case, I would recommend that you reach out to Upwork support for assistance. They can help you to understand the status of your project review and provide guidance on how to proceed. You can contact support by clicking on the "Help & Support" button on the bottom left-hand corner of your Upwork dashboard.

In the meantime, it's important to continue to follow Upwork's policies and terms of service. This includes ensuring that your project is compliant with Upwork's guidelines, that you're communicating effectively with your client, and that you're adhering to any deadlines or milestones that have been set.

If you have any questions or concerns about Upwork's policies or terms of service, you can also review the relevant documentation on the Upwork website, or reach out to support for further assistance.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Usama I.

Hi Israel,

I have followed up with the team handling your request and I am pleased to inform you that your project has been accepted now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you!

45037c26
Community Member

2 days a go i upload project on upwork but they are not letting project to shown due to violance. The thing is my projects only contents 3d art which is for games sure there is rifle and sword but the thing is when you trying to create game content you always come acros with weapons also i would totaly understand if no body able to put any weapon on project but when do reaserch on that i am clearly able to see there is so many weapon contents on project side so now i am here and thinking why upwork doesnt let me put my own work really considering are they also blocking my job application now i am suspicious about that. if you check the links you will be able to see what other people put on their projects those are just an example:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

i am also attaching my own project for clue.
please help me because i dont know how to deal with this problem.

Emrah,

Just resubmit without a weapon. Upload something else. Have a great day!

Okay but why is other can upload with weapon but i can't is there some thing that i am missing ? so i can fix that and i wont come across in the future just trying to understand the problem.

Seems like they are still there but thank you for your time. I'am still not conviced that how they are able to upload those stuff on platform but i cant.I am certain there is a good reason behinde that maybe a better explanation. Again thank you for your kind responed and your time to reply.

Hi Emrah,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to clarify that these kinds of images can be shared with the client privately but not publicly through Catalog. 

I assure you that I shared the project you shared here with the appropriate team and they will take actions according to our internal processes. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5dca9426
Community Member

Hello, I creat my first proposal and once it goes under review and then draft. I was worried, then I updated my proposal again it goes again under review. The question is why I don't recieve any query  or addmition from upwork if there is any mistake in it. Kinldy review my proposal and live it soon. Thanks     

Hello Mudasir,

Your will need to wait 3 to 8 business days for Upwork to either approve, decline, or ask for modifications. Thanks!

Its okay but I have delined first time and create proposal second time. But first time they don't give me any reason behind this.  

At times, it took up to 3 tries to get my Project Catalogs approved especially because it was not clear what needed to be changed and I was guessing. Be patience and it should get approved if appropriate. Thanks!

01ec471c
Community Member

my  2projects under review 19days and 16dys .still not apporved.

b2ca1ca3
Community Member

hello I have problem I have created a project but my project has not being approved. I don't understand why my project has not being approved.

024d09ae
Community Member

My Project Catalog still not approved.  I submitted on 22nd march and its "Under Review" .  how much time will it take?

024d09ae
Community Member

i submitted my project for approval on 22 march and its not approved yet , how much time will it take?

Hi, if the client does not approve or request an amendment within 14 days, the project will automatically be closed and the payment for the project will be transferred from the escrow account to your account

024d09ae
Community Member

hi anatolii , i am talking about project (gig) . upwork says it takes 5 days to approve it and i submitted my gig on 22 march . its still under review . "Note: its ot rejected" .

e1dadfd7
Community Member

I add a project 30 march but my project is pending. Kindly assist me in this.

Hi Abhiraj,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we sincerely apologize for the delay. We have an increase in the number of submitted projects and reviews are currently taking a minimum of 10 business days.

All project submissions will be addressed on a first-in, first-out basis. Should we need more information about your submission, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit the project for approval. Feel free to check out this page to learn more about Project Catalog.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1c13be9f
Community Member

I got an email saying my project was not approved and I'd be completely ok with that, I can edit it simply enough. But there was no issues stated for reasons why so I could change them.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths