🐈
» Forums » Support » Withdraw
Page options
cd1708e8
Community Member

Withdraw

I have some payments on Upwork and I've been trying hard to withdraw to my Nigeria bank account.
I also don't know how to set up the tax information and have been trying to do it but all the videos I saw online have not yielded any positive outcome. 

I have a PayPal account before but it is not working again due to some restrictions made by my country's banking system PayPal is not working for me as a Nigerian.

Does anyone know how to withdraw? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Dumte,

I checked our account and it doesn't look like you've completed the W-8BEN form. The W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E are U.S. tax forms for non-U.S. Persons. We and the IRS use them to determine whether you live in the U.S. and what taxes, if any, we need to collect from your earnings on Upwork. You must have this form on file before you can withdraw earnings from Upwork.

Without these forms as proof that you are a non-U.S. Person, Upwork will be required to withhold up to 30% of your future earnings on Upwork and send that withholding tax to the IRS. As long as a valid W-8BEN/W-8BEN-E form is filled out completely, we are not required to withhold U.S. income tax. You may check this page for more information about this, and on how you can complete the form. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Dumte,

I checked our account and it doesn't look like you've completed the W-8BEN form. The W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E are U.S. tax forms for non-U.S. Persons. We and the IRS use them to determine whether you live in the U.S. and what taxes, if any, we need to collect from your earnings on Upwork. You must have this form on file before you can withdraw earnings from Upwork.

Without these forms as proof that you are a non-U.S. Person, Upwork will be required to withhold up to 30% of your future earnings on Upwork and send that withholding tax to the IRS. As long as a valid W-8BEN/W-8BEN-E form is filled out completely, we are not required to withhold U.S. income tax. You may check this page for more information about this, and on how you can complete the form. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths