🐈
» Forums » Support » Wrongly Accused by Upwork of AutoClicking
Page options
alienteknology
Community Member

Wrongly Accused by Upwork of AutoClicking

I utilize two 49-inch monitors to run 3 to 4 screens, including separate environments for testing, security, forensics, and software development. My main environment is strictly used for my own work, and I do not store any client or third-party software in it. I conduct most of my coding in my primary environment and then transfer it to my development environment through copy and paste etc, Despite this being my standard work process for many years in software development, I have been falsely suspected of using a clicker. How can I prevent this from happening again because I am not using any clickers?

Also, I have always delivered goods on time to my clients and have never had any issues or negative feedback left.

Additionally, I have observed that my Starlink internet connection, which I use from a remote countryside location, frequently drops for a few seconds. While the interruption is not noticeable, it affects my Upwork tracker as it loses connection, causing discrepancies in the tracked time. For example, I might work for 5 hours, and the tracker records 5 hours but shows only 4 hours and 10 minutes tracked which makes no sense. Could this be part of why I am having these issues? 

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hello Samuel,

Thanks for reaching out. I can see that there is already a support ticket regarding your concern and you have recently responded to it. Kindly continue communicating with the team via the ticket and allow 24-48 hours for them to follow up with you, as they're the ones who can best assist you.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
alienteknology
Community Member

Sure, I understand that my client's credit card was declined last Friday. However, I have spoken to him, and he has made the payment, and the contract has resumed. I want to investigate this matter to prevent any such incident from happening again. It was assumed that I was doing something that I was not, which led to this error. I hope there won't be any further issues.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths