🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: You have not activated the Google sign in...
Page options
Web E Community Member

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account.

I already have an account on **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Even posted a job and also done payments twice. And now when I log in it shows me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

289 REPLIES 289

Thanks for clarifying, Cattoo! In that case, could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Cattoo A Community Member

Hey Andrea. Dmed you. 

Antonella N Community Member

Hello Andrea, I have exactelly the sam problem.  "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account." Can you please help me? I had to create a new account just to ask for support.

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Antonella,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Cattoo A Community Member

Same problem here.

I'm logged out of everywhere still. I have sent a mail to upwork support but they're yet to respond
Shopless S Community Member

I'm facing the same issue. Had to create a new account with a different email to reply here.

Hi Shopless,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Jamie W Community Member

The same thing is happening with my account using **Edited for Community Guidelines** also had to make another account just to reply this

Hi Jamie,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email as well and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Sandeep A Community Member

I am getting same issue with my anohter upwork account.

" already have an account on **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Even posted a job and also done payments twice. And now when I log in it shows me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.""

Hi Sandeep,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Peris N Community Member

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue. I have not logged in to my Upwork account for a while, I tried to today but it keeps saying "You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account..." I had to create another account just to post this query. I will delete the new account as soon as this issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Peris.

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Peris,

Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Max A Community Member

Hi,

I'm having the same issue logging in here as everyone else. That I need my google sign in but its not activated. I can't DM you. Can you please message me? I just made this account to post.

Thank you!

Hi Max,

You should be able to send private messages now that you're an Active Member. Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Julia T Community Member

I am currently having this same issue with my account. I have been unable to log back into my Upwork account on the desktop and the phone app. I created this new account to post until I can gain access back into mine.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hello Julia,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with your Upwork username or registered email address so I could forward this to the appropriate team to review?

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Santoshi K Community Member

I am also facing same issue. Can u please let me know what is the fix.

Hi Santoshi,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Julia T Community Member

Would you be able to tell me a time frame for when I could regain access to my original account? It has already been two days since I have had access. My desktop and the app will not allow me to log in without Google authorization.

Hi Julia,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Jacqui A Community Member

I am also having this issue and had to create a new account to reply to this thread.  

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Jacqui,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble accessing your account. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you. You can access this ticket through the email address that you are registered with on that account.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Yohanes B Community Member

I've got the same issue when changing my email address for my account

You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address.

Hi Yohanes,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your email address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths