🐈
» Forums » Support » You have not activated the Google sign in met...
Page options
bc2858a8
Community Member

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account.

I already have an account on **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Even posted a job and also done payments twice. And now when I log in it shows me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

289 REPLIES 289
basteta1
Community Member

Hi, I have same issue with my account on **Edited for Community Guidelines**, I can't login from any device, so I created this account to reach you guys. When I press login it says "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account." Need help! Thank you

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anna,

Someone from our team will reach out to you directly via email in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
temporaryacc
Community Member

Hey I'm facing the same problem too.

At first it happened on my phone browser. Then I thought the password might be wrong, but I left before completing the process and it logged me out of my phone too. Now I can't log in any way. Please help.

Hi Cattoo,

I checked your account and it looks like you were able to log in!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hey Andrea.

This is a new account, I've opened this so I can notify you guys about being locked out of my original account. I plan to delete this after recovering my previous account. Can you please help me?

Thanks for clarifying, Cattoo! In that case, could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hey Andrea. Dmed you. 

Hello Andrea, I have exactelly the sam problem.  "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account." Can you please help me? I had to create a new account just to ask for support.

Hi Antonella,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
temporaryacc
Community Member

Same problem here.

I'm logged out of everywhere still. I have sent a mail to upwork support but they're yet to respond
cde57d02
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue. Had to create a new account with a different email to reply here.

Hi Shopless,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mermaidcthulha
Community Member

The same thing is happening with my account using **Edited for Community Guidelines** also had to make another account just to reply this

Hi Jamie,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email as well and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sandeep81101
Community Member

I am getting same issue with my anohter upwork account.

" already have an account on **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Even posted a job and also done payments twice. And now when I log in it shows me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.""

Hi Sandeep,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue. I have not logged in to my Upwork account for a while, I tried to today but it keeps saying "You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account..." I had to create another account just to post this query. I will delete the new account as soon as this issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Peris.

Hi Peris,

Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I'm having the same issue logging in here as everyone else. That I need my google sign in but its not activated. I can't DM you. Can you please message me? I just made this account to post.

Thank you!

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Max,

You should be able to send private messages now that you're an Active Member. Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
523a4181
Community Member

I am currently having this same issue with my account. I have been unable to log back into my Upwork account on the desktop and the phone app. I created this new account to post until I can gain access back into mine.

Hello Julia,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with your Upwork username or registered email address so I could forward this to the appropriate team to review?

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
santoshikavya
Community Member

I am also facing same issue. Can u please let me know what is the fix.

Hi Santoshi,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
523a4181
Community Member

Would you be able to tell me a time frame for when I could regain access to my original account? It has already been two days since I have had access. My desktop and the app will not allow me to log in without Google authorization.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julia,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
fb945ab6
Community Member

I am also having this issue and had to create a new account to reply to this thread.  

Hi Jacqui,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble accessing your account. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you. You can access this ticket through the email address that you are registered with on that account.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
yetri99
Community Member

I've got the same issue when changing my email address for my account

You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yohanes,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your email address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Community Member

I Have a same issue , when I try to log in it shown me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with your Upwork username or registered email address to better assist you today?

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Can you please help me? I am trying to login to the desk top app to work on my first job. I keep getting an error message "you have not activated the Google sign in method for this account..." but below it says this Email address uses Google sign-in and it just keeps saying that over and over. Please help. 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rachel,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.
In the meantime, you may also find some helpful advice here.

~Andrea
Upwork
b06f6093
Community Member

I am having the same issue... trying to log in with my user account **Edited for Community Guidelines** at UpWord and it shows the message "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." Could you help me access my account?

Hi there,

I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further. Please check the email associated with the account you are referring to for more information from our team. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
af8f9047
Community Member

I am having the same issue with my account, and created a second account just to be able to post here. Please help me log in with my business email!

Hi Rachel,

Please send me a PM with the details of the account you're referring to so I can check. You can click on my name to send me a PM. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
darko_designs
Community Member

I got the same issue on my other account, whenever I try to login to it I get this message "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account."

I double checked and google sign in is activated on that account.

Help?

Hi Darko,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths