🐈
» Forums » Support » You have not activated the Google sign in met...
Page options
bc2858a8
Community Member

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account.

I already have an account on **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Even posted a job and also done payments twice. And now when I log in it shows me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

289 REPLIES 289
e5e9686d
Community Member

I cannot log in to my account because it says "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." Please help, I had to create this account to contact your support.

Hi Glenn,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket for further assistance with your account. You can check here or your email for updates. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
fe979756
Community Member

Hi, I just created another account to post this. I cannot log in my account and it shows me this message: "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Please send help

Hi there,

If you've signed up by entering your email address, even if it is a Gmail account, you would have to sign in by manually entering your email address and password instead of using the Google sign-in option. Please try this option and let us know if you encounter any problems.

As a gentle reminder, please know as well that having multiple accounts is against our Terms of Service.

~ AJ
Upwork
fe979756
Community Member

Hello,

I cannot sign in in the other account because of that message. I am able to sign in before. The message shows "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.". I need to create this account so I can post my issue here. It has became a pain since I change my email address

Hi JC,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I'm having the same problem with my work email 

"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Hi Oussama, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi There i am also having same issue with my account. Have to create a new account to comment here. Please get it fixed asap. Thanks !

"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Hi Attique,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your message and assist you accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ce40a5df
Community Member

Hi,
I'm having the same problem, I changed my email a while ago and now am locked out with this error message.
Can you please help, Thanks

Hi Bade,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ffa4c636
Community Member

Hi, I'm having the similar issue as well, I changed my email a while ago and now am locked out with this message "You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address."
Can you please help, Thank you. 

Hi Evelyn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
c736f174
Community Member

Hi I got the same issue - had to create a new account to settle this.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jiayee,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
f6eae005
Community Member

Hi can you have someone reach out to me also, I have the same issue.

thanks

Hi Joe,

I have requested the help of our team. One of our agents will be in touch with you shortly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
assitance-ina
Community Member

hello, I have the same issue login into my company account.
So could you please help in this matter.

Hi Ina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
c4fda253
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue login into my company account.
"You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address."
So could you please help me? Obviously the account I am logged in now is not the one I need help as I cannot log-in there

Hi Gianmarco,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the account you are referring to? Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork
c4fda253
Community Member

Just did it. Thank you

c4fda253
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Do you have any updates? We are a bit blocked without the account being resolved.

Best,

Gianmarco

Hi Gianmarco,

Thank you for your message. I will follow up with Nikola to check your message and respond to you directly. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c53a023a
Community Member

Hi, have the same, trying to log in upwork app and : "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Hi Danyil,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of having difficulties logging in to your account. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bee415f9
Community Member

I also have this issue, so I had to make this new account in order to post this reply for help

my original up work account email is "**Edited for Community Guidelines**"

Hi Immaculate,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here. You can also expect an update and communicate with the team on the email associated with the account you need help with. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
e5a9baa2
Community Member

I am also having exactly the same issue. Like immaculate F,I had to create this account to get help.
My original account email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Web,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Any update? I have not yet get any response. No one has  reached to me yet. I need urgent help to get go.

I also created this account to be able to post here that I am having the same issue

"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.”
I don't understand how else we can communicate with support if you need to be able to login into your account and it's impossible 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rosy,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
2cb930f5
Community Member

I created this account to restore the login to the main one. Help solve the problem, plz

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Oleksandr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
87eee5e3
Community Member

Hello, I have similar problem. You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

I have created this account to reply to this topic.

Email changed from**Edited for Community Guidelines** today. I have Freelancer Plus plan. 

Please help on this issue, thanks.

Hi Yevgen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here. You should be able to also access the ticket directly from your email.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a287760c
Community Member

I created this account to be able to post here that I am having this issue; "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.” I changed my email address to **Edited for Community Guidelines** .. Now I cannot sign in. Please help reslove this issue. My user ID is **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths