🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: not receiving security code on my phone
Page options
Ian C Community Member

not receiving security code on my phone

Hi

not receiving security code on my phone ??

I have been trying for ages. it now says I have exceeded max number of attempts to activate notifications by trying to add my phone number

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Eric, 

If you need help verifying your phone number because you're not receiving the code, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

513 REPLIES 513
Andrew Z Community Member

I'm having the same problem - when I enter my phone number, I get an error saying "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Christopher R Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Can anyone help?
David T Community Member

same issue, been trying for days...

Bojan S Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, David.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Josh S Community Member

I am also having issues with this an am unable to verify my number. I would appreciate if you could have someone reach out to me as well. Thank you.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hello Josh,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

David T Community Member

From what I can tell, this has been an issue for years....

Try to enter my phone number in the personal section to create a profile.

* Something went wrong. Please try again later.

Tried for 3 days now.

what do I have to do to use your site.....? If you don't want users why don't you close the app?

Onyema U Community Member

Hello, I am not receiving a verification code on my phone. Trying to create a freelancer account, but I'm stuck at that last step.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Onyema,

I checked and it looks like you have already created a freelancer profile and it has been approved. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Onyema U Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I've successfully created my profile.

Thank you.

Andrea B Community Member

My verify phone button wont work, it keeps saying something went wrong. I've tried it on my phone,laptop, & tablet but it still does not work.

Does anyone have a solution?

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Andrea,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Kimberly B Community Member

I am having the same problem that a lot of others are experiencing.  I am trying to complete my profile and when I enter my phone number, it tells me there is an error and to try again later.  I have been trying all day with no success.  Could somebody please help me?  I might also add that I have tried on both my laptop and my smartphone.  I have also tried clearing cache and cookies on my devices.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Kimberly,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
John V Community Member

I have the same issue

Hi John,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Julian J Community Member

I am not able to finish creating my profile in order to submit a proposal without phone number verification and it is refusing to text me a code. Please help!

Hi Julian,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Julian J Community Member

Ok so to be clear, am I opening a support ticket or am I waiting for someone to reach out to me? If it is the former, how do I do that?

Bakhtawar A Community Member

My account is 2 factor authenticated, I've tried many times to sign in and I am not receiving any code either on sms or email. What should I do and what does this mean? Please help, I'm worried. I use my account daily so it's not been dormant or anything. 

Hi Bakhtawar,

Someone from our team will reach out to you directly via emai in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Joseph M Community Member

I am having the same issue with the phone verification. What's the resolution for this?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Joseph,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Joseph M Community Member

Thanks. Honest question, how has this been going on for years and not been resolved or at least have a troubleshooting page about? Seems there are hundreds if not thousands of people having this issue when they try to create a profile and the resolution is always to open a ticket.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths