🐈
» Forums » Support » not receiving security code on my phone
Page options
iancurrie44
Community Member

not receiving security code on my phone

Hi

not receiving security code on my phone ??

I have been trying for ages. it now says I have exceeded max number of attempts to activate notifications by trying to add my phone number

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eric, 

If you need help verifying your phone number because you're not receiving the code, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

513 REPLIES 513

Hi Imad,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sharmashivangi49
Community Member

Hello 

I am not able to receive OTP via sms and e-mail. Please sort out my issue as soon as possible.

Thanks

Shivangi **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Shivangi,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Community Member

I'm receiving a similar error, I'm trying to change some details for my account and I receive the message "Use your authenticator app to generate a code. Enter it in the code box and press Confirm" but I do not receive any code on my phone or on the app.

Authenticator app is the default choice for the second step verification process but I have no idea what it is and I can't replace it with sms option.

Hi Sandro,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
starirai13
Community Member

Hi, I can't seem to receive the Verification Code sent to my registered phone number. The phone number registered is accurate and is active. Please help.

Hi Nielrose Star,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you! 

Community Member

I am also having a hard time getting a verification code on my phone, but this is the only place i could find any way to get some help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Tyler.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
maxphotobiz
Community Member

I do not get a five digit code when I enter my phone number.  Tried to have code resent a few times, but nothing ever came to my phone.

Hi Jim,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
85ebbbae
Community Member

So I'm trying to sign up for an account, but I'm not receiving the text code. The number is correct, and I've tried it multiple times.

Hi Nicholas,

I've requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mdabubakar24
Community Member

I don't edit my personal information. 

Hi Md,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
70f839c6
Community Member

Hello,

I formatted my phone and my Google authenticator is not providing me the 6 digits. Please help me disable this feature or kindly enable it so I can receive the 6 digits to my email. I appreciate your help.

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anthony,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
alexkryvosh
Community Member

I am creating my profile but I do not have text SMS. Is there a way to verify my phone number through a call?

Hi Alex,

~ Joanne
Upwork
hrmailhos
Community Member

I'm having this same issue. Not receiving a verification code after I input my phone number. 

Hi Hannah,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
milan_klems
Community Member

Hi, I'm not receiving the verification sms that is needed to complete my profile. I've clicked on "resend" like 5 times of the course of 1 hour and still nothing.

Can you please help finish the registration process?

Hello Milan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork
roden-abdullah
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue. I can't access my settings because I lost my sim card. Hope you'll help me.

Hello Roden,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork
louvalera
Community Member

I already lost the phone number that I have on file a few months ago. When I edit the phone number, it's still sending code to the lost number. What do I do?

Hello Donna,

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork
annadthakkar
Community Member

Hi, There's an issue with the system. I'm not getting any security code on my registered mobile number or email for long. I'm trying it for so many days. Please find me an immediate solution for it as I'm stuck with it. I'm even not able to update my profile due to such a situation.

Hi Anand,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
divyom
Community Member

Hi, I haven't received the verification code even after 15 min.Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Deepika,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
jnight337
Community Member

Can you connect me with a team member? Text code authentication code has not been received. I have tried numerous times. The other methods ask for a 6 digit code but the code they send is alphanumeric and more than 6 digits. 
Thanks, Jeff

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jeff.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jsnwrks
Community Member

I am not recieving the text code verification. Any ideas how to remedy this or to speak with someone that isn't a chat bot?

Hi Jason,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
NikolaS

Hi Vacce,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
giejayson
Community Member

I need help ASAP. I cant withdraw my funds because it needs to confirm by my registered phone number but unfortunately my phone number is not working anymore. My email account attached to Upwork is also not receiving any code.

Hi Giejayson,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
wadaln3ma
Community Member

Hello..

I'm trying to make a proposal and the site keep asking me for phone number confirmation, but
it doesn't send me a message with the code on my phone. Help me please.
Thanks
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths