🐈
» Forums » Support » Expired ID
Page options
slawomir_rewaj
Community Member

pointless re-verify

Hello,

I'm a top rated freelancer and I verified my identity last month. Now I have got the same request again.

Taking 10 minutes to do it is not a big deal, although I would prefer that Upwork respects my time rather then feeling entitled to waste it on pointless excercises.
I have passed it and it was no different then the previous one.

The bigger issue is that my account is on temporary hold and it lasts longer then 10 minutes. Upwork claims that it has up to 48 hours to release it.
I'm worried about how this is presented to the clients.

The main question is - why do Upwork even does it so often? Do you think that my identity changed within a month?

Kind regards

Slawek

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jae Sung, 

At times, for a variety of reasons, we need to ask our users to verify their identity or other information. Please know we do try to avoid doing this repeatedly. However, as part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, we must reach out to users again sometimes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To verify your identity, log into your Upwork account and click on “Settings.” In the left-hand column, choose “Identity Verification.” Follow the steps there to begin verification. For tips on correctly completing the process and details about the documents needed, click here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

640 REPLIES 640

I appreciate that, thank you so much!

Gloria
c832578a
Community Member

Hi Slawomir R,

my account has been private please make it public I will be working easily.

thanks!

Hi Sajid,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile is reset and the visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
7b7eb537
Community Member

I can't find the fields to add this data

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for reaching out. Please allow 48 hours for our team to review your account and they will be in touch in case there's verification or additional information that needs to be processed on your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
af8d82a2
Community Member

Oh god that sounds annoying. I can't even get an account set up to hire anyonebecause Verification will Not send me an email

Hi Ben, 

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6c2a5a0f
Community Member

Hi, i have been trying to verify my identity but it gets rejected everytime. I also made sure I followed the instructions correctly.  What can I do?

Hi Ibrahim,

I have checked your account and it looks like the team handling your case has already reached out to you via a support ticket with instructions on how you can proceed with the verification. I highly suggest you communicate with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance.

Please check this help article to be more acquainted with how the procedures work.

~ Arjay
Upwork
137a612f
Community Member

I tried to upload a photo of my driver's license and it was rejected. I have this message: You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.

It just links me to a reply bot that keeps giving me the same useless link with id reqiurements but no way to upload my id again.

What do I need to do to get my identity verified?

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

I'm going through the same thing as David currently.  

I tried uploading my driver's license and it got rejected. 

I want to upload my passport instead but it won't let me. 

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

leiluhh01
Community Member

Hello! I was told that I need to upload an ID before June 8 to Verify my identity. I was able to acquire a valid ID today, June 7 and immediately submitted it to upwork. They said it'll take 1 business day to process but I'm afraid that I won't make it to the deadline and end up having my account on hold. I'm also afraid it'll affect my pending and in progress payments from my client  please help.

Hi Leila,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket for this. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. They will reach out to you soon to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ed82d878
Community Member

Hello.
I got a message two days ago that some of my services are temporarily on hold. I have already verified my identity before using my national ID card and camera photo. Now, they're asking me to use a passport to verify my identity again. My passport has expired, and it needs time to get a new one. What shall I do?

I might be able to provide other forms of identity verification, but the passport is not available in the meantime.

If you can offer any help, this will be much appreciated! Thank you.

Hi Salam, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that your identity verification was successful and there are no holds on your account. You can proceed to use Upwork as normal and if you encounter any problems, please let us know so we can assist you right away.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie Jane, 
Thank you for replying to me in a short time. I get this notification (attached screenshot) whenever I am online. What does it mean?

ed82d878_2-1654617037442.png

Regards,
Salam

Hi Salam,

Thank you for following up. It looks like you are required to complete the ID verification process. To begin the process please click on the green Get Started button. You can find more information in this help article

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ed82d878
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for following up. The problem is that the only option that appears when I click on "Get Started" is using a passport to verify my identity, which is not currently available. Is there anything I can do? I'm mentioning again that this request to verify identity is an identity "reverification". I have already verified my identity before.

Thanks,
Salam

Salam,

At times, for a variety of reasons, we need to ask our users to verify their identity or other information. Please know we do try to avoid doing this repeatedly. However, as part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, we must reach out to users again sometimes. In order to complete such verification, we ask user to provide a valid ID document as outlined in this article. We appreciate your collaboration in keeping Upwork a safe and trustworthy place to work for everybody.

~ Valeria
Upwork
ec5f9b4f
Community Member

Hi, 

It's been 2 days since I submitted an ID for verification and I still doesn't receive emails from Upwork yet. So I'd like to follow up that one.  Because I think the selfie I got isn't accurate because when I was adjusting my phone to take a selfie it automatically got saved and It was not showing my ID when it got saved. So I think I need to retake and get help with that. 

I hope you can help me.

Hi Chezca Mae,

Thank you for your message. I have also sent a follow-up to the team handling your case and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket with instructions on how to complete your verification. You can check here your email for further information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
brigoli_heyensen
Community Member

Hello I badly need your help.

I forgot my security qustion, and I cant get paid since I need to answer my security question.  It keep on saying "it looks like we are having trouble with the email sent to you.

Please help me solve this problem

Hi Heyensen,

I have checked your account and one of our team members has updated the support ticket with instructions on how to proceed with your account. I highly suggest you follow these instructions and feel free to communicate with our team through that ticket if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
35f795fc
Community Member

I'm in Philippines and Upwork accepts NBI Clearance. Now the problem is, my document is expired and due to covid restrictions getting a new one would be difficult. 

Please help me with my concern. I have a pending earnings and I can't have it until my account is verified. 

Hi Charis,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Other acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

You may present any of the above mentioned IDs in order to verify your account. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
2bebda21
Community Member

Hi upwork team

I received this mail just now. What does it mean? 
Few days  a go i received a mail of restricted account along with identity verification. I submit my ID and bank statement. Then I received mail and they said" The ID you provided is acceptable; however, we are unable to accept the statement you've submitted for ID verification. Please provide a statement (utility bill, bank statement etc.) issued within the past 30 days showing your name and address."
I did not submit my statement till now and now I received this mail. Should I submit my statement or not?
Kindly assit me. On ticket no one is responding

Thanks

2bebda21_0-1656536328515.png

Hi Waseem,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. I can see that you've reached out to our team with the same concern and a support ticket has been created. Please allow our team time to review your account and rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions via the ticket as soon as possible. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
296935da
Community Member

I mistakenly added a payment method that was not on my name. now for id verification they are asking for that person on which the payment method was. I am able to verify that too but that is not my name. Now my profile name and payment method name is mismatched. I removed the payment method too. but unable to verify my id on my profile name.

I put 2 requests 3 days ago to the customer support but still not getting any respone from upwrok customer support. 

Any suggestion?

Hi Afaque,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions via the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
7377040c
Community Member

I am posting for 2nd time please help!!! I am not able to verify my identity, Whenever I try to submit the documents it says "We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute." Upwork will hold my account if I did not complete it before the 14th of July. I have been trying this since 8th July and it is still not solved. Kindly see the attached. 

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
alihammad1
Community Member

Hi,

I created upwork profile with my nick name "Ali Hammad" and later changed it to "Hammad Maqbool" (as per my government ID). My profile is already verified by upwork. Recently I received a notification to verify the id again using the Govt Id but but when I select the option to verify, the name displayed there is the old name "Ali Hammad" which I have changed already (Screenshot attached for reference). I want to know if this would be an issue or shall I still upload my Govt Id for verification

It's showing up as Hammad M so you should be good to go. 

Thanks Amy. I have already submitted the document for verification

Hi Hammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
farhatali980
Community Member

Hi! I have updated my profile name from Mohammad Ali to Farhat Ullah but when I click on verify identity its still showing the old name. As I can see after a few hours my Profile got changed to Farhat Ullah but when I click on Identify yourself it shows the previous one please tell me how can I  fix it?

Hi Farhat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
edimiftari
Community Member

Hi Edi,

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths