🐈
» Forums » Support » pointless re-verify
Page options
slawomir_rewaj
Community Member

pointless re-verify

Hello,

I'm a top rated freelancer and I verified my identity last month. Now I have got the same request again.

Taking 10 minutes to do it is not a big deal, although I would prefer that Upwork respects my time rather then feeling entitled to waste it on pointless excercises.
I have passed it and it was no different then the previous one.

The bigger issue is that my account is on temporary hold and it lasts longer then 10 minutes. Upwork claims that it has up to 48 hours to release it.
I'm worried about how this is presented to the clients.

The main question is - why do Upwork even does it so often? Do you think that my identity changed within a month?

Kind regards

Slawek

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jae Sung, 

At times, for a variety of reasons, we need to ask our users to verify their identity or other information. Please know we do try to avoid doing this repeatedly. However, as part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, we must reach out to users again sometimes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To verify your identity, log into your Upwork account and click on “Settings.” In the left-hand column, choose “Identity Verification.” Follow the steps there to begin verification. For tips on correctly completing the process and details about the documents needed, click here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

645 REPLIES 645
3ce86525
Community Member

Hello there,

I have an issue and the Upwork team made it in status solved, but the issue is still not solved with me and my account has been stopped   

I can not receive any new work 

please i need help 

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a new support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6b5d3ccd
Community Member

Hello,

I am here to hire talent for work. The identity verification (which I have done twice now) doesnt seem to work. I get an sms and I am instructed to take photos of my ID and then of myself. The process stops there, I dont get any info if this is ok or not, and my account is just there... nothing happening

Also, I am told I cannot post a job before I confirm identity. So I cannot really do anything on this platform.

In terms of customer service, they have quite a basic chatbot so not very useful to "chat" with it...

Please help.

Hi Fatima,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
aadccbdf
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**Hi,

First I was given an ID card by a Govtment. I verified the upwork account with it but recently due to some problem I had to change my ID card there I corrected my name spelling and my ID card number also changed but age is correct and the space is ok.

In that case how can I re-verify upwork account with my current ID card.

In short the id card which was used to verify my Upwork account earlier is canceled now and now I have a new id card I want to re-verify my upwork account with it please tell me what to do.

Regards,

Md Manik Sorder

Hi MD,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths