🐈
» Forums » Support » "go to preview" button is not work (need to p...
Page options
zoaiaaliasif
Community Member

"go to preview" button is not work (need to publish portfolio)

I am trying to add my recent project to my Upwork portfolio, but the preview button is not working. I have filled in all the details.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Zoaia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to help. You may want to check this post for more information about all the required info for adding portfolios. Could you please double-check if you added all the required fields?

If the issue persists please let us know and share a screenshot from your end so that we can assist you accordingly. 

Edited to add information. 

When adding a Portfolio please double check if you added information to all required fields. 

Required fields.

egaruth_0-1698136137965.png

"Case study" type.

egaruth_1-1698136137879.png

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

135 REPLIES 135

I am also facing the same issue

I have tried to add my projects to my portfolio a couple of times and it's not working at all. I made sure to fill in all the required fields and even refreshed the page a couple of times. What else can I do?

Preview Button doesn't work when I want to Publish my portfolio, after description, uploads, etc. It's grey and I can't press it.

Please Help 

Hi! I wanted to publish my portfolio but the preview button doesn't work unfortunately. Could you please help?

Hello Vera,

I think you need to add up the rest of the information as required before your preview button can pop-up

Key areas to note are:

Project description

Video's

Files (Gallery)

Kindly check and fill up those spaces and hopefully it will work but if it doesnt work kindly revert so i can help you the best way i can. 

Have a great day. 

Hi Vera, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. As Felix mentioned could you please double-check if you added all required information? If the Go to Preview button is disabled it may be due to missing information in required fields. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Vera,

ou may want to check this post for more information about all the required info for adding portfolios. Could you please double-check if you added all the required fields?

If the issue persists please let us know and share a screenshot from your end so that we can assist you accordingly. 

When adding a Portfolio please double check if you added information to all required fields. 

Please check the following screenshots for the required fields:

759e32fa_0-1701787162526.png

"Case study" type.

759e32fa_1-1701787162704.png

~ AJ
Upwork

I have seen this is Not the first complaint.

I have tried clearing cookies, changed browser, thought of quitting as well and tried uploading pictures, files etc

Is there a serious solution? 

Disable chrome extensions and see if it works

Hi Junaid,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here in the Community. Our engineers have made improvements to the Portfolio section to make it more clear what fields are required. 

The changes that were implemented include:

• Adding asterisks to required fields and a message on the file inputs to let freelancers know that those are required. Any required fields must be attended to in order for the preview button to work.
  • Also, when it comes to a "Case study" type of portfolio there are two fields that have to have at least one file uploaded or a video link needs to be provided.

Screenshots for reference.

Required fields.

812dd08c_0-1700513774854.png

"Case study" type.

812dd08c_1-1700513774781.png

We appreciate your patience. Let us know if you need further assistance; we'll look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5475f764
Community Member

Arjay, Thanks for a prompt response.

I had already seen this proposed solution and made sure required fields are filled.

I am opting for classic display of my work, completed all the required fields, wrote project description, uploaded more than 5 jpegs of my work, selected revelant skills, input work url, and added attachment captions.

Still go to preview button is disabled.  

What am I missing?

Hi Junaid, 

Thank you for following up and clarifying. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

The past two days I have tried to add to my portfolio. I fill everything out but stops and stage 3 to preview? I have tried this a couple times and will not allow that preview button to live. It is grayed out. Anyone having this issue? Please advise as I would like to continue to add to my portfolio. Thanks

Hi Brian,

Please follow the steps that Nikola shared in this thread. If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am copy and pasting this from another thred from another community member that is read only now.  I guess because the issue was then solved, but I am having the same issue now:

"Hello,

Iam trying to publish a portfolio, after uploading my images and writing my project description, i can't press the button "go to preview" (it's grey and doesn't work)."

Thank you ahead of time

Hi Monika,

Could you please follow the steps that Nikola shared in this thread? If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
d825ecaf
Community Member

I've tried everything that's been suggested for this issue on the forum and I am still getting the same result.

See fillowing in step order:

Screenshot 2023-12-16 104555.png

Screenshot 2023-12-16 104615.png

Hi Monika,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hey there, I have filled all the info in the case study portfolio, but the 'Preview' is greyed out. I have refreshed my cookies and logged in from another browser as well, but it still isn't working...

Please help me resolve this issue asap! Thanks!

Hi Taimoor,

Please follow the steps that Nikola shared in this thread. If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I'm new to the site and so far I am finding the process of completing my profile incredibly frustrating, specifically with completing the portfolio templates.

I initially chose the Case Study template, and I uploaded 2 images (which took a long time due to multiple 403 error messages, having to clear my cache and change browsers etc) but it seems to be impossible to select which image you want to use as the cover image. I want the first image of the project to be the cover image, but it automatically checks the box for the second image, and there is no option to select the first. 

Frustrated with this, I chose the Gallery template, but when I hit preview, my text was no longer formatted into paragraphs. The Classic template has the same issue. I don't want the text boxes on my portfolio to be a wall of text. It looks unprofessional.

Can anybody help? I have spent over 2 hours trying to get this right, completing the forms multiple times due to all the error messages, and it still isn't how I want it. I don't understand why this has to be so difficult. Thanks in advance.

Hi Laura, 

Please follow the steps that Nikola shared in this thread. If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
69ebf879
Community Member

Thanks, but the thread is not relevant to my issue. I want to be able to display images in the order that I want them, and/or to be able to format my text into paragraphs. On the Gallery template, I cannot do the former. On the other templates, I cannot do the latter. 

Hi, I'm new to the site and so far I am finding the process of completing my profile incredibly frustrating, specifically with completing the portfolio templates.

I initially chose the Case Study template, and I uploaded 2 images (which took a long time due to multiple 403 error messages, having to clear my cache and change browsers etc) but it seems to be impossible to select which image you want to use as the cover image. I want the first image of the project to be the cover image, but it automatically checks the box for the second image, and there is no option to select the first. I would also be happy to only include one image, as the form requires that I upload "at least one" image or file, but I am only able to proceed if I upload two.

Frustrated with this, I chose the Gallery template, but when I hit preview, my text was no longer formatted into paragraphs. The Classic template has the same issue. I don't want the text fields on my portfolio to be a wall of text. It looks unprofessional.

Can anybody help? I spent over 2 hours trying to get this right, completing the forms multiple times due to all the error messages, and it still won't display how I want it to. All I want to be able to do is EITHER include only one image in the Case Study template, or if it must be two then I need to be able to choose the order in which the images are displayed and choose which one is the cover image. OR if I use one of the other templates I need to be able to format the text so it appears in paragraphs. I don't understand why this has to be so difficult. Thanks in advance.

Hi Laura,

Can you please try the steps that Nikola shared here and see if this works? If you continue to encounter any issues, please let us know.

~ Joanne
Upwork
69ebf879
Community Member

As I told you in my previous answer, that thread is not relevant to my issue. I am having no problems publishing my portfolio. I simply want to reorder the images OR format my text into paragraphs. I would appreciate an actual response, as my previous reply was ignored. Thanks.

Hi Laura,

I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused you. Please know that I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our team members will contact you directly via a support ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Did it ever get fixed? Just created my account and tried to add my first project, but the button is greyed out.

Hello, I'm trying to add a portfolio on Upwork but even though I've filled out all the fields, I can't proceed to the preview. Is there a solution?

Ekran Resmi 2024-03-29 11.26.42.png

Ekran Resmi 2024-03-29 11.26.48.png

Ekran Resmi 2024-03-29 11.26.57.png

   

Hi Burcu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to help. Could you please double check if all required fields are added? You can find more information in this post

If you added all the information but still can't select the Go to Preview button please share a screenshot from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,

I am trying to publish a portfolio, after uploading my images and writing my project description, i can't press the button "go to preview" (it's grey and doesn't work)

82bd1960
Community Member

Hey, I am facing the same ussue. And no, clearing cookies/ cache doesn't work. Please help resolve this immediately

aace9136
Community Member

hey ,I am trying to publish my portfolio and not only the option is greyed out - but I can't even contact human agent in the support chat. as an addition-  the chat doesn't even give me the option to navigate to file a helo ticket. I can't do anything -please help me.

aace9136_0-1697706671096.png

aace9136_1-1697707242467.png

Hi Tami,

I am sorry for the inconvenience with contacting support. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0ea4f27a
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to publish a portfolio, after uploading my images and writing my project description, i can't press the button "go to preview" (it's grey and doesn't work).

0ea4f27a_0-1698298501970.png

Hi Moch,

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
b2076167
Community Member

It's my first time publishing a portfolio but the preview button in the last step always greyed out. I've filled all required and optional form and added a file. I've cleared all caches and tried with different browser but still doesn't work. Can anyone help me with this?

Hi Anelda,

I'm sorry that it is still not working on your end. Could you please share the following information so we can forward it to our team to investigate further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine's OS
  • Machine's OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better
~ Joanne
Upwork
b2076167
Community Member

Browser : Chrome

Version : 118.0.5993.89 (64-bit)

I've tried adding 2 different files (png and pdf) but it's still not working. Also, I've tried with 3 portfolio template (gallery, case study, classic) but none of these works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Anelda,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths