🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issue with adding portfolio. Unable to click ...
Page options

Issue with adding portfolio. Unable to click on "Go to Preview".

Some users may experience issues while adding a portfolio to their profile. 

Screenshot of issue. 

egaruth_1-1695304053046.png

I would like to let you know that our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

While this issue is being resolved we would like to provide a workaround. Could you please try and add an image or video link to the Project Solution section as shown in the screenshot below?

egaruth_2-1695304435865.png

Once done, the "Go to Preview" button should no longer be greyed out. Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance. 

Edited to update information. 10/12/2023

We would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. Our engineers also made improvements to the Portfolio section to make it more clear what fields are required. 

The changes that were implemented include:

• Adding asterisks to required fields and a message on the file inputs to let freelancers know that those are required. Any required fields must be attended to in order for the preview button to work.
  • Also, when it comes to a "Case study" type of portfolio there are two fields that have to have at least one file uploaded or a video link needs to be provided.

Screenshots for reference.

Required fields.

egaruth_0-1697142392485.png

"Case study" type.

egaruth_1-1697142392553.png

We appreciate your patience. 

130 Comments
NikolaS
Status changed to: Resolved

Hi All, 

I would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. Our engineers also made improvements to the Portfolio section to make it more clear what fields are required. 

The changes that were implemented include:

• Adding asterisks to required fields and a message on the file inputs to let freelancers know that those are required. Any required fields must be attended to in order for the preview button to work.
  • Also, when it comes to a "Case study" type of portfolio there are two fields that have to have at least one file uploaded or a video link needs to be provided.

Screenshots for reference.

Required fields.

egaruth_0-1697142201248.png

"Case study" type.

egaruth_1-1697142255993.png

We appreciate your patience. 

zanejj
Community Member

Hi, 

I've recently re-logged into Upwork and optimizing my profile right now.

I have a specialized profile and whenever I add a portfolio there, I'm able to do everything but I can't move to the next step as the 'preview' button is greyed out. It's unclickable.

Please help.

f78e4723
Community Member

I'm having this issue for simple gallery portfolio.

d36b3833
Community Member

I was able to fix when I removed url links

73e08d0c
Community Member

I have the same issue , tried all browsers , cleared all the cookies and cache, tried all the case study , nothing could work,

73e08d0c
Community Member

Hello,

Iam trying to publish a portfolio, after uploading my images and writing my project description, i can't press the button "go to preview" (it's grey and doesn't work).

cleared the cookies and cache , changed the case study to classic , added video link , changed browsers, couldn t preview it

P.S : i tried all the solution, methods and approach on this topic , didn t help

Thank you

Ahmed

LuiggiR

Hi Ahmed,

There was a known issue affecting this up until recently. Can you take a look at the update shared on this post and let us know if the issue persists after following the guidelines provided? 

edinaosm
Community Member

Hi again,

I want to inform everyone that the only solution that worked with me was excluding links from the description part. Just delete anything that seems like URL, and present it on some other way, if possible.

ba7eef5e
Community Member

I have the same issue, getting to the point where i want to see the previuw but can't continue...

17d0f970
Community Member

I have been trying to publish my specialized profile for some days now, the publish button remains disabled even after adding portfolio. Please I need assistance on how to navigate and publish my specialized profile.