🐈
» Forums » Support » Job offer got deleted after proposal
Page options
1673fa63
Community Member

Job offer got deleted after proposal

Hi, i saw a job opening that interested me, and i proposed to them. After i proposed, i got messaged with a link to a Telegam chat to talk specifics. We did, and i 'got the job'. However, the job posting got deleted, instead of accepting my proposal. Now, i'm skeptic about actually doing what i told i would do for the job, since i don't think that now i have Upwork's support in case i get scammed.

Should i do my task and not worry about it, or is it a red flag?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Don;t do it. It was probably removed because it was scam so count yourself lucky. And you should not have talked to them on Telegram as that's not allowed until after a contract is in place. Anyone who asks you to do that will most likely be a scammer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Don;t do it. It was probably removed because it was scam so count yourself lucky. And you should not have talked to them on Telegram as that's not allowed until after a contract is in place. Anyone who asks you to do that will most likely be a scammer.

Thanks for the clarification. I already dismissed my appointment with the employer. I will be more careful next time.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths