🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Cloud storage that includes a paywall to char...
Page options
af2d8806
Community Member

Cloud storage that includes a paywall to charge customers?

I have a lot of valuable pdf files and ppts that I'd like to upload in bulk and store in the cloud.  I'd also like to be able to charge users for access - subscription.

Is there anything that exists as a service out there for this? Or something I can use and customize?  Any guidance appreciated for this project.

Thanks,

David

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

David: you are asking the right questions, but you are in the wrong place.

Just go to the main Upwork.com site and post this as a job posting, with an hourly contract.

Freelancers will contact you and you can hire them to have them answer your questions or set this system up for you.

I know how to use Upwork. Thanks.  

My question is in a more general vein and doing some background research. Others have more expertise about what to build for this outcome.  

I want to know what to build before I post a job and have everyone say they can do it, promise the moon and then fail to be able to do so. 

Okay, but the problem here is that your question is not an Upwork question.

So the feedback and free advice you might receive here in the Forum is going to be limited.

If it was me, personally, then I would post the question on the main Upwork.com website as an hourly job, and ask for consultation. I would hire about 10 different people, and talk to them each for 10 to 20 minutes.

I would talk to the most helpful and knowledgeable among them for a longer period of time.

Just talk. Jot down notes. Record the conversations if you want to. (Tell them you're doing so; they will say yes.)

This will save you a lot of time and money compared to if you just start posting jobs asking people to do things that you don't really have any understanding of.