🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » How do you incorporate edits?
Page options
sunithas
Community Member

How do you incorporate edits?

Hi,

Need one clarification. While submitting proposals, one of the questions that most clients ask is, "How do you incorporate edits?" I have no clue how to answer this question. Edits are to be made as per the requirement of the client. Other than this, what else can we write? Please guide. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
allergywriter
Community Member

If I do a fixed-price job, my proposal includes the number of editing rounds I will include at no additional charge. I usually include one or two, but then let them know my clients rarely request edits.

If I am working on an hourly job, then edits are performed at the same hourly rate. Either way, it shows the client that I'm willing to provide edits, but it is on them to provide a clear brief and let me know exactly what they want.

Honestly, hardly anyone ever asks for edits on my work. Mentioning edits is just like reassurance.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
allergywriter
Community Member

If I do a fixed-price job, my proposal includes the number of editing rounds I will include at no additional charge. I usually include one or two, but then let them know my clients rarely request edits.

If I am working on an hourly job, then edits are performed at the same hourly rate. Either way, it shows the client that I'm willing to provide edits, but it is on them to provide a clear brief and let me know exactly what they want.

Honestly, hardly anyone ever asks for edits on my work. Mentioning edits is just like reassurance.

50f7abd3
Community Member

I usually answer that question with "....using the 'Track changes' feature on MS Word. Changes are marked and can be accepted or rejected as needed."

Depends on your process. 

researchediting
Community Member

"I generally use the Track Changes feature of Word, or its equivalent in other programs. If you  prefer some other method, I can accommodate you. More labor-intensive methods might come at a higher cost."