🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Can't create an Agency account
Page options
nikolay-yarovoi
Community Member

Can't create an Agency account

Good day!

I don't have ablility to create "New Freelancer Agency Account", only client account. 

Also,I tried to clean cache and cookies, and log in with another browser. Problem is not solved.

In attachment you can find screenshot.

Waiting for feedback.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oleksandr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you don’t have the option to create an Agency, it’s generally because you already have an Agency that is now closed. Please know that you can only “own” one agency on Upwork. You won’t be able to make another one.

However, if you want, we can restore your agency account. How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

163 REPLIES 163
c8872e82
Community Member

Thank you Nikola!

d5eea495
Community Member

Hi, I'd like some assistance in setting up an agency account on upwork. The option is not available. I do have a client account to hire only. 

thanks 

Hi Daniel,

Please know that you can only be the Agency Owner for one Agency. It looks like you already have an Agency on your account, but it's been closed. Would you like us to reopen it for you? You should be able to edit the information to fit your new needs.

~Andrea
Upwork
d5eea495
Community Member

Yes, I'd like for it to be opened so I can access the agency account on upwork. There's the additional account, which has no history, I'd like for it to be deleted. 

Hi Daniel,

I am pleased to inform you that your agency account has been restored. Please follow the instructions given in this help article for you to close/erase an account. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d5eea495
Community Member

I only see the option to open a client account, and, not a agency account.5E0AE317-0010-48F8-8795-812342C4BBF3.jpeg

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I checked your account and found that you already have an existing agency account. To access your agency profile, kindly click on your photo from the home page and select your agency account.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hey Annie, i Also had an upwork account which i deleted just to start from scratch, but after that whenever I try to sign up with my email it says there's already an account and whenever I try to log in it says wrong username. Please also help me to either restore my previous account or help me out to create a new one.

Since my account is blocked i am emailing from my friends account.

My account email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please reply me asap here or email me

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to share more information. 

Please note that sharing your account information and having multiple accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Arjay, I closed down my 'just started' agency few months back and I want to restore it. How am I supposed to do that? 

Hi Tanay,

Your Agency has been restored as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork
jigarvt
Community Member

Hello ,
I am having individual freelancer account 

Previously i linked one agency account but then i had to change agency name so i thought to delete older one and create new but i am not able to see create Agency account button

Please help me

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jigar,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your agency profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem. can you help me, please?

Hi Mohammed,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am having the same issue. Can you help me, please? 

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for your message. I have checked and looks like you already had a closed agency account. Please note that you can only be the owner of one agency. Let me know if you wish to reopen your agency and I'll be more than willing to assist. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
970fe008
Community Member

I deleted the previous one because I have changed the agency's name. I am looking to reopen the agency with the correct name. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ronald, 

I've asked for the help of the Customer Support Team to reinstate your account. They will reach out to you directly through an email support ticket, which you can access here once it's generated. 

As a gentle reminder, please know that freelancers on Upwork must upload a photo of themselves for their profile photo. It would be best to update your profile photo soon to avoid temporarily putting your account on hold. You may check this article for more information on what type of photo you can upload to your freelancer profile. 

Let me know if you need further help with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork
leks_li
Community Member

The same problem 😞 Help me pls too

Hi Aleksandr,

As you can only be the Agency Owner for one Agency, once you've created one, you cannot create another. Please confirm if you'd like us to reopen your Agency for you.

~Andrea
Upwork
leks_li
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Yes reopen it, please

Hi Aleksandr,

Thank you for following up and confirming. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
efbc64cf
Community Member

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem. Can anyone please reach out to me? I deleted my agency and cannot create another one. Thank you

Hi Raamish,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Same issue. Deleted an Agency in the past, but cannot restore it or create a new one now.

Can I get someone to either reactivate my deleted agency or allow me to create a new one?

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I closed my agency account some time ago, i couldn't create a new one and i found that i have to re open the old one, i would like to change the name also if possible.

Thanks

Hi Thami,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ac0bc111
Community Member

HI Nikola, I also want to restore my agency account and update it. Can you please help me in that.

Hello there,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your agency account has been restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
370c37da
Community Member

Hello!

I accidentally deleted the agency page and I want to restore it. I have texted support already, but I didn't receive an answer or any help, but the project was 'solved'.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sergii,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Good day!

I don't have ablility to create "New Freelancer Agency Account", only client account. 

Also,I tried to clean cache and cookies, and log in with another browser. Problem is not solved.

I want to again create an agency account.

In attachment you can find screenshot.

Waiting for feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Syed,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I see that you had an agency account previously which is closed now. Due to this, you will not be able to open a new agency account. I can help you restore the same agency account if you would like to proceed with the same agency. Let us know how you would like to proceed.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Greetings!

I have freelancer account since many years, though I am not very much active. I have created a client account to hire article writers but at same time I can not see option to create an agency account.

I have setup a new team and wish all my team members shall join my agency. But I am getting option to create only client account. Kindly help me to solve this problem. I have attached the screen cap of issue I am facing in my account.

Thanks and regards

Arun...

Hi Arun Kumar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. it looks like there is an agency account associated with your account and it's now closed. Please know that you can only “own” one agency on Upwork. You won’t be able to make another one. However, if you want we can restore your agency account. Let me know if you wish to proceed with restoring your agency and I'll be more than willing to assist. You can find more information in this help article

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

Many thanks for your response. If I remember correctly, the old agency account was in name of X-Company  which I been closed on 2019. My current company is Y-Company which has all registration details and I wish to use this name now on.

Is it possible to change the name of agency along with bank & GST details? if yes kindly restore the old agency account. If not please provide me suggestions what I shall do now.

Warm regards
Arun..

Hi Arun, 

It looks like you already have an open ticket regarding your account concern. As your situation is a bit more complex, it would be best to discuss it through a ticket. I have followed up with the team, and they should get back to you soon with more information to help you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I am trying to open the request Id's 35934295 & 35918461 since last 4-5 days but no success. I spent hours but the screens are not loading for me, I can see only preloder. Kindly see the screenshot of the issue.

I wish to change the name of the agency as I have closed the bank account of same long back, and started a new agency with GST no. as per my CA's suggestion. The new agency is proprietory concern in my name and I will furnish all the documents related to same.
Please let me know if this is possible.

Regards
Arun

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths