🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: How to change agency owner?
Page options
Liza Y Community Member

How to change agency owner?

Hello!

Is it possible to change agency owner from one to another? There are an agency and team respectively and I want to change the owner to another person from team.

How can I do it?

Thanks!

50 REPLIES 50
Jennifer M Community Member

@Swarnendu C wrote:

Mam,Thanks for reply.We live at INDIA.Here everything not digital.It will take time time.Before post here We have discussed .Please guide  me how to proceed .There have 4 option

1. Sell the business outright.

2) Lease your business

3) Offer a lease to own contract

4) Transferring ownership.

We will proceed as per feedback.

I would read this thread, but you can't just take an agency. Think about that and ask yourself if that would be a good thing to allow. 

Swarnendu C Community Member

Mam,Can its possible for you create a ticket ,So that we will short out this issue..4 full family members depends on us.And we 100 % ( Not 99 % ) depends on upwork.And atpresent we have no option.

Jennifer M Community Member

No, but you can. They aren't going to give you an agency just because you want it. You can all leave the current one and make your own, but the owner owns it and they won't give it to someone else without the owner's permission. lol Think about the 45 different ways that would be wrong.

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Swarnendu, 

Please follow the steps shared by Valeria above which I will also share here: 
"If giving the other person admin permissions isn't enough, you needto contact support and request for the ownership of the agency to be transferred. The team will provide more information about the process."

~ Avery
Swarnendu C Community Member

Not able to create ticket everytime redirect here .

Ganesh C Community Member

Hello Mam,

How come an owner transfer its Ownership to his/her agency member? Please let me know the process to do this task.

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Ganesh,

Please follow the steps that Valeria already shared: 
"If giving the other person admin permissions isn't enough, you need to contact support and request for the ownership of the agency to be transferred. The team will provide more information about the process."   Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Swarnendu,

One of our agents will contact you directly.

~ Goran
Upwork
Yuri K Community Member

Hello !

Is it possible to have 2 agency owners, or only 1 person allowed?

James W Community Member

@Yuri K

There is a parallel thread about two agency owners. We are still waiting for a solution.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Two-agency-owners/m-p/698384#M424869

Valeria K Community Member

James and Yuri,

Please, refer to my reply on this thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Irene R Community Member

Hello,

We need to change an agency owner. Please, contact me.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Irene,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Ivan Y Community Member

Hi,

We need to change an agency owner.

Thank you.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Ivan,

I shared your request with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Dhupa D Community Member

Hi Nikolas,

I am taking retirement from managing my company account and want to transfer it to one of my managers who will take care of it. She will be the sole owner of it after that. Can you please create a support ticket and suggest to me further steps of it.

Thank you

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Dhupa,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with this.

~Andrea
Timofey P Community Member

Hello!

We need to transfer ownership of our agency urgently. Could you help us?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Timofey,

It looks like the team has reached out via a support ticket with more details and instructions on how to transfer ownership of your agency. Feel free to update the ticket and communicate with the team if you still need further assistance or if you have questions. The team will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay!

Thank you! Yes, I saw the instructions and followed them. Could you share with me further steps?

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Timofey,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your support ticket and it looks like the agent is awaiting your response so they can further review your request. Please don't hesitate to send any questions or concerns that you may have on the same ticket thread so our team can be more efficient is assisting you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie!

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately, I don't see any way how could I reply them. I wrote to email, but nobody answered me.

Maybe I can answer them via Upwork, but I don't see any way on the page.

Please, help me!

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Timofey,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Irene A Community Member

What's the process of transferring agency ownership? Please help. Thank you.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Irene,

Thank you for your message. I do not see any agency linked to your account. Our support team can assist you with the transfer of your agency ownership if you request the existing agency owner to reach us directly. 

- Pradeep

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths