🐈
» Forums » Clients » Contract cancelled by freelancer for no reaso...
Page options
89b09f2c
Community Member

Contract cancelled by freelancer for no reason

My contract was cancelled by the freelancer and for zero reason. They will not respond with any explanation. They committed to having this project to me by today (Feb. 19 2021) but woke up to an email saying the freelancer cancelled the contract after 3 days of work for zero reason. Now he refuses to answer my messages.

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Brandon,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you`ve had. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Contract cancelled by freelancer for no reason"

Freelancers and clients may cancel a contract at any time, for any reason. Or for no reason. They are not required to provide a reason. No rules have been broken.

re: "My contract was cancelled by the freelancer and for zero reason."

Yes. Clients and freelancers are allowed to do that.

It is not optimal. You are definitely allowed to classify this as rude behavior. But no Upwork rules have been violated.

re: "They will not respond with any explanation."

When a client cancels a contract, she is not required to provide an explanation. Same thing with freelancers.

re: "Now he refuses to answer my messages."

Stop sending this freelancer messages.

This freelancer is no longer interested in working on your project.

Simply assign the work to other members of your team.

It is a waste of your time to talk to Upwork Customer Service about this.

There are only two possibilities if you do so:

a) (most likely) Nothing will come of it.

b) Somehow Upwork Customer Service cajoles this freelancer into working on your project. Wouldn't this be the worst possible outcome? You now have somebody on your team who doesn't even want to be there?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths