🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer Unresponsive with Deadline Approac...
Page options
81611f1a
Community Member

Freelancer Unresponsive with Deadline Approaching

Hello Upwork Community,

I am reaching out for guidance regarding a situation with a freelancer I hired for a project. I am relatively new to hiring freelancers on Upwork.

I hired a freelancer to complete a project by February 2nd with a fixed price contract of $200. However, as of today, February 1st, the project seems far from completion, and there has been minimal progress on the shared Google Drive. The freelancer has become unresponsive over the past day or two when I raised my concerns. 

I am seeking advice on how to handle this situation and whether there are recommended steps to take in such instances. Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences and insights. 

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

Close contract with full refund request.

Fixedprice mean agreed result within agreed time. Deadline reached so job didnt done.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Cameron,

Don't approve the Milestone if you are not satisfied with the work.

f068b996
Community Member

Wait for a while dear may be he is in trouble. If you are in hurry just leave him a final msg that you are going to finish the contract

[give him?her a short deadline time} thats it. And if freelancer is not replying you and the deadline is over. Finish the contract with him/her. And ask upwork to refund. This freelancer will not answer you may be. Just direct go to upwork now. Stop Chasing him/her.

fa9d1717
Community Member

You can warn him and close the contract then you ask Upwork for a refund or you can hire me instead sir 😄 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths