🐈
» Forums » Clients » Scam
Page options
03425e13
Community Member

Scam

Hi, I just want to make everyone aware of two scam artists currently using Upwork for their criminal activity. They portray themselves as hackers. Their names are **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Neither names are their real names. Please do not engage with them. They want to be paid in Bit Coin before doing any work whatsoever. Beware!!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Mario, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you should never get paid or pay someone outside of Upwork. You may open yourself up to scams or fraud, and lose Upwork Payment Protection. I also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, you may want to check this help article and available learning paths in the Academy section to help you have a safe and successful start.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Mario, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you should never get paid or pay someone outside of Upwork. You may open yourself up to scams or fraud, and lose Upwork Payment Protection. I also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, you may want to check this help article and available learning paths in the Academy section to help you have a safe and successful start.

~ Nikola
Upwork
oelzepatty
Community Member

Hi, 

I have been with Upwork since they were oDesk in 2013 and have earned over $100,000 so I have been pretty happy with the results. Most of my jobs were long-term for 2+ years so I have not needed to apply for any jobs. Recently, I found myself looking for more work and now there are "connects." The problem is, out of the last 10 jobs I have applied for, six of them were scams trying to get me to connect with them on Telegram. So, I wasted those connects. Can you be more diligent in weeding out the scammers or get rid of the connects?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths