cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing ban

Emiel S Member Since: Apr 10, 2019
1 of 8

Hello
My bank and VISA confirms everything is OK.

at Upwork, I get
"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."
Please help.

Tim B Member Since: Jan 29, 2019
2 of 8

I am having the same issue. There is more than enough money in the account to cover my bill, but Upwork has not been able to charge. The bank tells me they have not even seen a charge attempt from Upwork at all.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3 of 8

Hi Emiel,

If the debit card your bank issued doesn't require prefunding, you should be able to add it as a billing method. For more details on how to set up your billing method check out our guide.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Emiel S Member Since: Apr 10, 2019
4 of 8

me too, I get: 

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.

I'm a regular still have 100USD in Escrow for another project!
5 of 8

Hi Emiel,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Tim B Member Since: Jan 29, 2019
6 of 8

What about for me Bojan?

I am, having the same issue and now my account is suspended for non-payment. This is nopt my fault because the money is there. But for some reason your system is not able to process the charge. Also, the bank says that there have been no attempts by Upwork to charge me that they can see. 

THe banks stated this:

**Edited for community guidelines**

Please help me resolve this ASAP so I can get my account back to good standing. And no, I do not have another payment method available.

Hassan A Member Since: Aug 3, 2018
8 of 8

Hi Tim,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS