Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Job Postings

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
11 of 2,045

The ones I love data entry huge amount of work, Budget $10 and all 5 star feedback. I would never do 200,000 some entries for $10. but to each his own I guess

Pandora, actually there are a lot of people who would jump at the job you posted at $6 an hour. That is a lot of money in some places including here in the US.

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
12 of 2,045

@Suzanne N wrote:

The ones I love data entry huge amount of work, Budget $10 and all 5 star feedback. I would never do 200,000 some entries for $10. but to each his own I guess

Pandora, actually there are a lot of people who would jump at the job you posted at $6 an hour. That is a lot of money in some places including here in the US.

Well sure, I get that. But no one person is going to know all of that. That was my point. I mean, if they are willing to train, that's cool. Again, not a detail on the job post.

I posted this because it's an example of:

A job post with a huge list of tasks and lackig in appropriate data regarding fullfulment

A job post with some advanced skills (InfusionSoft, Bookeeping)

A job post made by a client who has not ever paid for hourly work

So maybe some folks see this as an opportunity, but I would never in a million years want this job unless they paid me way more then $6 and let me manage a team. Thats just me though.

crhysconsulting
Community Guru
Cairenn R Member Since: Aug 19, 2015
13 of 2,045

Received invite:

"I wanted to know how can I designed and logo?"

That's it. Nothing more. 

Why was this allowed to be posted at all? And stop sending me this $#@!. 

numbsain
Community Guru
Ray C Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
14 of 2,045

Simply answer:

Well you couldn't have because the first part of your sentence was in past tense, then you switched to present tense, inquiring about the future, then implied that you already design(ed) the logo which would be a physical impossibilty in this dimension. besides the fact that you say you have no recollection of having done so, or in your case, having didded so.

My advice is that you never can did anymore designing the logo!

Just tell him that.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
15 of 2,045

@Pandora H wrote:

@Suzanne N wrote:

Well sure, I get that. But no one person is going to know all of that. That was my point. I mean, if they are willing to train, that's cool. Again, not a detail on the job post. 

Actually, I know all of that. I know several other people who do, as well. But (and I'm sure this was part of your point), that's roughly 11% of my regular hourly rate. It's very unlikely that anyone who has been in the business world long enough to develop such a diverse skill set is going to be willing to work at those rates.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
16 of 2,045

Lol - I got the thousandth (and one) kudos on the most popular thread in the forum  - She patted her chest and reached for her glasses and inhaler - does she care what happens on the morrow? - not a lot . . . 

vorion
Community Leader
Pravin K Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
17 of 2,045

I came across a client, the post was about collecting 100 leads from a website and the same to be filled in Excel. All for 3 USD and a 5 star feedback assurance. .

My brother was very eager to take that job as he didn't even manage to get his first job. I told him not to touch that. But he was very adamant to do it. He applied and got the job.

The client explains like this on Skype.

Client: Hi! This is the URL of London area, fill all the names, addresses, numbers and emails in the spreadsheet.

My brother: Ok.

Client: Once you are done with it, let me know, I will give you other locations. we don't have much time, I have nearly 60 locations to complete.

My Brother: Thank you, sir. What would be the payment for additional locations?

Client: additional? what additional?

Brother: the extra locations.

Client: didn't you read the post properly? we agreed for 3 USD

Brother: all for 3 USD? totally? 3x60 = 180 USD or just 3 USD?

Client: 3 USD.

Brother: ........

Client: can you do it???

Brother: (after calculating) sir, the total project may take nearly 120 hours. that is more than a couple of weeks' work. All these for just 3 USD?

Client: not just 3 USD, you don't have any feedback, I will give you 5 star feedback.

Brother:.............

Client: ?????

My brother blocked the client in frustration.

I was like what the heck..

I am not making this up. This is a true incident happened a week ago.

This is the craziest client I have ever seen.. never want to see one again..

jolash
Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
18 of 2,045

LOL. All in a day's   (attempt to get a)    job !!!

kris_amity
Kristine d Member Since: Oct 3, 2015
19 of 2,045

I think that client is not the only one.
I think there's a whole lot of them lurking and preying on those newbies.

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
20 of 2,045

See the attached pic for my contribution to this thread.

*EDIT*:

I stupidly forgot about community guidelines (and the warning from the OP!) Something must be wrong with my brain this week. Anyway, the job description went like this (hope this is allowed):

"S#xy bi*ch needed to proofread 200 word document."

[Unverified client, and my favourite part was that someone was hired!]

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS