cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's how to get the full attention of your freelancer.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sarah C Member Since: May 12, 2019
51 of 54

To be honest, your posts continue to somewhat mystify me. 

However, I never miss an opportunity to brag about myself, so here goes:

I managed to boost my JSS (yeah, we know, JSS blah blah blah) from an abysmal 60% to 100%. And now I'm top rated! I also have enough experience and clout to take the projects that I want, when I want. 

And so, I'd say to anybody with a terrible JSS, it doesn't always mean doom and gloom forever. That's my tip for the newbies. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
52 of 54

Sarah C wrote:

I managed to boost my JSS (yeah, we know, JSS blah blah blah) from an abysmal 60% to 100%. And now I'm top rated! I also have enough experience and clout to take the projects that I want, when I want. 

And so, I'd say to anybody with a terrible JSS, it doesn't always mean doom and gloom forever. That's my tip for the newbies. 

I had an unfortunate slip to 82% at one point (although it never stopped my work or invites), but with the guidance of actually helpful forum regulars  who answer real questions and not imaginary  ones , today I got back my TR status.  Yay for us both!   It only took 12 weeks. 

Screenshot (23).png

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
53 of 54

Sarah C wrote:

Sarah, that's great! Congratulations!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
54 of 54

Rather than pontificate on what a newcomer would like to hear, since things are different on Upwork than when I joined, I'd rather respond directly to the questions of newcomers here in the forum and help them specifically with the questions they have, so that my time here is spent in a useful and productive way, rather than being so audacious as to force unsolicited advice on a non-existent audience.  My challenge for you upon your return is to exercise some forum etiquette and use the  quote function to address others politely versus talking at them.  Perhaps if you exercised some of this etiquette you would not find yourself so at odds with the "forum regulars" as you put it. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS