🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: What are your hobbies? do you have any?
Page options
rafikdz
Community Member

What are your hobbies? do you have any?

Hi Upworkers,

Do you guys have any hobbies to ascape the work and pressure of life.

83 REPLIES 83
rafikdz
Community Member

If she organizes her time, she can do it

kate_wade
Community Member

I love being the assistant coach to my daughter's softball team. 😁

That's wonderful ,Coaching your daughter's can be an incredibly rewarding experience 

We lack such mothers in our time 👋 Hat for you lady kate W 🎩

e59dcf76
Community Member

Watching fav. Tv shows. 

rafikdz
Community Member

What is your prefered TV. Show?

spxpert
Community Member

Mehvish, 
Currently there are so much contents to watch on TV,  that you could easily spend rest of your life sitting infront of your TV (aka idiot box).  
Just make this something that you do only for limited time for recreation,  do not make it a hobby,  it doesnt take you anywhere.

Great choice

rasy3693
Community Member

Yes, Traveling, reading and swimming.

rafikdz
Community Member

Nice hobbies 😄 Traveling, reading, and swimming offer a great balance of adventure, knowledge, and relaxation. Any favorite destinations, books, or memorable swimming spots you'd recommend? Sharing tips and stories is always fun

spxpert
Community Member

I am a distance runner,  completed several full marathons (42.2kms) and few ultra marathons (50+km).  It's an essential part of my daily routine for over a decade now.  Helps me clear my thought and bring focus to my work

rafikdz
Community Member

That is a good one, but needs a lot of committiment and conditioning.

what country you are running ?

spxpert
Community Member

Currently I am in beautiful city of Pune, India.   Marathon requires a lot of commitments and sacrifices (evening parties, late night binge watch, junk food),  so does everythign else in our life that we need to improve.  There is a lot you can learn by training for Marathon.
It just brings decipline in almost every area of your life,  when we have less time,  we tend to make best use of it.

rafikdz
Community Member

Absolutely, your perspective on marathon training and its impact on discipline is inspiring, Best of luck with your training, and may the discipline you've gained continue to enrich all areas of your life

17a409ae
Community Member

hat 🎩

I live in the SE states in the US.

dragonslayerhr
Community Member

I do open mic stand ups when I can find them.  I'm in a very red state with not a lot of night life so it's tough.  I'd be on stage every night if I could find the gigs!

that is really interesting. I would like to try that. but it takes a lot of courage 

c26e5034
Community Member

Reading the books, I don't know if those still exist

rafikdz
Community Member

Absolutely, reading books still exists and continues to thrive! Are you interested in any specific genre or recommendations? Any favorite books you'd like to share? :books:

c26e5034
Community Member

Have you tried reading , Life in Five Senses by Gretchen Rubin

rafikdz
Community Member

Given my numerous ongoing projects, I will make a concerted effort to read it if time permits😅

c26e5034
Community Member

Make time for him, you won't regret it

rafikdz
Community Member

sure ,thank u

414b92e8
Community Member

I go dancing two or three times at week..that's how I desconnect my brain and allow my body to express itself freely 

rafikdz
Community Member

Try exercise and tell me how you feel

tikus
Community Member

Dancing can be more intense than exercise that we need to change clothes every 1 or 2 hours with frequent breaks. It can be a form of cardio, if we know the choreo well and perform it non stop

superphily
Community Member

Eating and taking photos and learning about other cultures.

love it

df6a4183
Community Member

Many people enjoy playing games as a form of relaxation and entertainment. It's important to find activities that bring you joy and help you de-stress. If playing **Edited for Community Guidelines** is something you enjoy and find relaxing, then it can be a great hobby for you.

2f6538c4
Community Member

I like soccer too.

I am a big fan of Pep Guardioloa and I enjoy studying and learning strategies of Mr.Pep. It helps me understand not only soccer, but professional things and I improve organizing everyday thanks to my hobby.

nahidhasan771
Community Member

I like swimming but after watching the "River Monster" tv show in Discovery channel 🥶

This is a good idea, I think I'll try it 😉

Sure 👍

5a24222d
Community Member

My hobby is inventing recipes. I don't prepare any meal exactly the same as I did before. Everyday something new.

rafikdz
Community Member

Absolutely thrilling! Constantly reinventing meals ensures each day is a culinary adventure. you make those taste buds guessing with your innovative creations , keep doing 👌 Rani

7f4ab341
Community Member

I love football throughout my childhood. And flag football is my favorite especially its teams football uniforms . I usually play this game with my community fellows. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

197ec4e3
Community Member

I love to read in my free time and play golf whenever I'm able to. I've found both activities to help me relax, detach from the hectic work routine and they've also taught me be to be patient!

fernast
Community Member

I play billiard pool. When I left my country it was one of the things I missed the most. Fortunately, recently I joined a group in my new city and we play weekly.

rafikdz
Community Member

َAwesome, I think it's a fun game especially with great friends
I haven't played it before, I'm waiting for an invitation from you 😜

Latest Articles
Learning Paths