🐈
» Groups » Community Contributors » Forum » Why Your Upwork Profile Needs an Intro Video ...
Page options
24f96ca7
Community Member

Why Your Upwork Profile Needs an Intro Video (and How to Make It Stellar!)

Benefits Of Adding Introductory Video To Profiles (1).jpgText is cool, but let's be real, scrolling resumes can feel like watching paint dry. In the fast-paced world of Upwork, you need a way to grab clients' attention and make your profile pop like a disco ball at a dog party. Enter the intro video: your personal trailer, a mini-movie that sells your skills and personality in under a minute.

Think of it as a superpower for your profile. Here's why adding a video is a game-changer:

1. Human Connection: Words are great for facts, but videos show your real you. Let your passion, enthusiasm, and even your quirky laugh shine through. Clients want to work with people, not robots, and your video proves you're the friendly, approachable pro they need.

2. Showcase Your Skills, Live and Loud: Words can describe your skills, but a video lets you demonstrate them in action. Show off your editing skills by whipping up a quick graphic, or impress with your coding prowess by building a mini-game. Make your viewers say, "Wow, this person is awesome!"

3. Stand Out from the Crowd (and Slay the Algorithm😞 Let's face it, Upwork is a jungle of profiles. A video is your chance to break the mold and be memorable. Be creative, be funny, be you. Make clients think, "I gotta work with this person, they're unlike anyone else!" (Hint: This also boosts your search ranking with the Upwork algorithm, so more clients can find you!)

4. Boost Engagement (and Burn Through Boring): Text can be passive, but videos are interactive and captivating. Grab viewers' attention in seconds and keep them glued to your profile. The longer they stay, the more likely they are to contact you.

5. Build Trust and Credibility (Because Confidence is Key): A video shows you're confident and comfortable putting yourself out there. It says, "I'm a professional who's proud of my work and excited to collaborate." That kind of authenticity builds trust and makes clients want to work with you.

Ready to ditch the text and light up your Upwork profile? Here's the plan:

1. Script It Up: Jot down your key points and inject some personality. You're not writing Shakespeare, just a friendly conversation with potential clients.

2. Light, Camera, Action (Phone Edition): You don't need a Hollywood budget. A well-lit phone video with good sound can do wonders. Find a quiet space, grab a tripod (or a trusty stack of books), and smile!

3. Keep it Short & Sweet: Aim for 60 seconds or less. Attention spans are shorter than a goldfish's memory, so keep it concise and impactful.

4. Be Yourself: Don't try to be someone you're not. Clients want to connect with the real you, quirks and all. So relax, have fun, and let your personality shine through.

5. Edit Like a Pro (Well, Sort Of): Don't worry about fancy effects. Simple cuts and music can go a long way. Use free editing tools or apps to polish your video and make it look professional.

Bonus Tip: Add a call to action! Tell viewers what you want them to do next, whether it's contacting you for a project or checking out your portfolio.

Remember, your intro video is your chance to make a lasting first impression. So grab your phone, unleash your inner Spielberg, and start filming! Your Upwork profile (and your career) will thank you for it.

P.S. Don't be afraid to experiment! Try different styles, add humor, or even incorporate your hobbies. The more unique and engaging your video is, the more clients you'll attract.

Now go forth and conquer the Upwork jungle with your video superpower!

Get a stunning promotional video for your profile or services by clicking here.
By: Farhad Nazir

Farhad Nazir
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ca_gitesh_bajaj
Community Member

Great post Farhad.

I don't have a video on my Profile. But now will add that!

THX

ca_gitesh_bajaj_0-1703570349368.png

CA Gitesh S. Bajaj

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ca_gitesh_bajaj
Community Member

Great post Farhad.

I don't have a video on my Profile. But now will add that!

THX

ca_gitesh_bajaj_0-1703570349368.png

CA Gitesh S. Bajaj

Good Gitesh! Thanks for reading and acting upon the tip provided.
Farhad 

Farhad Nazir
spxpert
Community Member

Great post Farhad,  I agree only 1% of the upwork profiles have video introduction.  So the easiest way to be on the top 1% is to add a video introduction.  This always helps

24f96ca7
Community Member

Thanks for supporting my tip.
Have a great time.
Farhad

Farhad Nazir
ginn-njogu
Community Member

Thank you for this great read!

I have been reserved about making a video introduction, but I will draft a script and jump infront of the camera 

Sure Ginn,
Best of luck for that.
If you want me to edit your video after you take shots.
Do contact me here> Farhad

Farhad Nazir

so you liked it right