🐈
» Groups » Customer Service & Admin Support Professionals » Forum » I feel concerned being a new freelancer
Page options
019461c7
Community Member

I feel concerned being a new freelancer

Hello,

I just registered here as a freelancer in administative virtual / personal assiatnce I am quiet concerned about how to actualy get jobs. Also i've read others, that it is super hard to get a work and everything costs a lot with no effect.

Should I focus more on project offers, rather than applying for jobs?

Thank you for your time and i really would like to receive some advice on how to start.

Warm wishes

Ksenia (my profile)

1 REPLY 1
ab3e491d
Community Member

Hi,
Welcome to Upwork! I'm thrilled that you've decided to embark on your freelance journey in administrative virtual/personal assistance. I understand that you may be feeling a mix of excitement and uncertainty right now, but trust me, you're on the right track.

Building a successful freelance career is not a sprint, but rather a marathon. It requires patience, dedication, and a willingness to learn and adapt. I can relate to your concerns because I, too, experienced those initial moments of doubt. In fact, it took me seven months to land my first job on this platform. However, I want to remind you that everyone's journey is unique. I've seen talented individuals secure their first job within just three months. The key is to stay motivated and persevere.

Now, let me share a few tips to help you navigate this path and increase your chances of success:

Define your niche: Take some time to discover your strengths and passions within the administrative virtual/personal assistance field. When you specialize in a particular area, you'll be able to target clients who specifically need your expertise.

Showcase your skills: Build an impressive portfolio that highlights your abilities and showcases your previous work. Don't hesitate to ask past clients for testimonials or reviews that can validate your skills and professionalism.

Establish your online presence: Create a compelling profile on Upwork and optimize it to attract potential clients. Additionally, consider setting up a professional website or blog where you can further demonstrate your capabilities and share valuable insights.

Network and collaborate: Engage with other freelancers and professionals in your industry. Attend virtual events, join relevant groups, and contribute to discussions. Collaborating with fellow freelancers or agencies can open doors to new opportunities and expand your network.

Stay committed to learning: Continuously update your skills and stay informed about the latest trends in your field. Take advantage of online courses, webinars, and workshops to enhance your expertise and remain competitive.

Remember, success rarely comes without challenges. Embrace those challenges as opportunities for growth and improvement. Stay positive, remain persistent, and celebrate each milestone along the way.

I'm confident that with the right approach and mindset, you will find success in your freelance career. Take a deep breath, trust in your abilities, and believe in the value you bring to clients. I'm excited to see where this journey takes you.

cheers